Old September 30, 2002, 16:08   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Apolytonian Life Insurance Company
We live in troubled times dear citizen, With both Royal and Peasant (Republic revolutionaries) assasination lists circulating, you can no longer be assured of a bright tomorrow.

But, for mere eaglots a day you can have the peace of mind that your family will be covered.

At ALIC (Apolytonian Life Insurancy Company) we offer many plans, and one is sure to fit your needs.

Basic Plan
This policy pays on the event of your death. Simple and secure
Note no payment will be made to anyone but the deceased party covered in this policy. For payment the deceased must report to an authorized ALIC agency and provide official and verbal confirmation of their identity.

Vengence Plan
This policy pays no monetary amount, but on the death of the policy holder six predesignated individuals will be sent to join the dearly departed in dearly departedness.
Old September 30, 2002, 17:55   #2
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 00:44
Old September 30, 2002, 18:54   #3
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:44
Quote:
We live in troubled times dear citizen, With both Royal and Peasant (Republic revolutionaries) assasination lists circulating, you can no longer be assured of a bright tomorrow.
With my reputation, I think I'm going to need some.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:05   #4
GePap
Emperor

Re: Apolytonian Life Insurance Company
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

But, for mere eaglots a day you can have the peace of mind that your family will be covered.

At ALIC (Apolytonian Life Insurancy Company) we offer many plans, and one is sure to fit your needs.

Basic Plan
This policy pays on the event of your death. Simple and secure
Note no payment will be made to anyone but the deceased party covered in this policy. For payment the deceased must report to an authorized ALIC agency and provide official and verbal confirmation of their identity.

Vengence Plan
This policy pays no monetary amount, but on the death of the policy holder six predesignated individuals will be sent to join the dearly departed in dearly departedness.
Wait, if each of the six are theselves policy holders, does this mean the death of one individual on the vengence plan would also mean paying out 6 basic polices? And what oif they have a vengence policy? were are the six of the six, and thier six, and their six, and their sx, and theit six.... be burried?

We must move immidately to ban the Vengence policy! it may lead to the savage depopulation of our glorious state? if insurence agants are killing all our men, who will plant? who will fight?

WE MUST BAN THE VENGENCE POLICY! i CALL ON THE KING TO INTERVENE BEFORE IT DESTROYS HIS KINGDOM!

"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old September 30, 2002, 19:13   #5
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:44
Cool! I'd like two please.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 30, 2002, 19:14   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: Re: Apolytonian Life Insurance Company
Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

WE MUST BAN THE VENGENCE POLICY! i CALL ON THE KING TO INTERVENE BEFORE IT DESTROYS HIS KINGDOM!

The King already has an active Vengence Policy.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:51   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:44
Re: Re: Apolytonian Life Insurance Company
Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

Wait, if each of the six are theselves policy holders, does this mean the death of one individual on the vengence plan would also mean paying out 6 basic polices? And what oif they have a vengence policy? were are the six of the six, and thier six, and their six, and their sx, and theit six.... be burried?

We must move immidately to ban the Vengence policy! it may lead to the savage depopulation of our glorious state? if insurence agants are killing all our men, who will plant? who will fight?

Ah, but this is not quite true. It's unlikely to spiral out of control because most of the people who get vengeance policies likely have people listed on their policy who, in turn, have THEM on their vengeance policies...

For instance, I'm rather sure the king has my name on his and, should I obtain a policy, I'm likely to have his name on mine... see? So if one of us dies and this "Apolytonian Life Insurance Agency" is still around to be doing business, all it does it that the other one goes down with us, but none outside the dispute do so :-).

The above example brings up a good point of how the company may be required by its own policy to commit treason... somehow I think the king would have a problem with this company if every member of the ARF filled out a type #2 policy with the King's name at the top of their list... compelling the insurance company to send assassins after the monarch

Hmmm.... come to think of it, this isn't so bad of a tactic...
Old September 30, 2002, 20:26   #8
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I thought we don;t kill criminals and send them up to the front where they serve determined amount of time.
Old September 30, 2002, 20:36   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
I thought we don;t kill criminals and send them up to the front where they serve determined amount of time.
Revolutions are generally pretty bloody affairs... so, basically, all bets are off
Old July 29, 2003, 21:02   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

We never got to pay out on a Vengence Policy.
Old July 29, 2003, 21:14   #11
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Yes, Barzini is dead. So is Moe Green...Bruno Tatalia, Struchi...all the heads of the five families...
Old July 30, 2003, 08:47   #12
Epistax
Prince

I want a vengence policy. I'll put random names on it and hope they match with people.
Old July 30, 2003, 13:48   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:44
I think I missed something........

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old July 30, 2003, 13:52   #14
Epistax
Prince

/me writes "Godking" on an official looking document
Old July 30, 2003, 13:53   #15
Arnelos
Emperor

This thread brings back some memories...
Old July 30, 2003, 14:48   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I think I missed something........
This thread is from the old DemoGame when there were all those drug battles in the taverns and what not.

I found the old Apolytonian Fleet thread with the single rowboat, the thread where UnOrthO went on a tyrade and then the Jungle Gazette went on stike because printing presses in the $MiniGame didn't use banana press paper, there were a lot of old memory threads.
Old July 30, 2003, 14:59   #17
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Epistax
* Epistax writes "Godking" on an official looking document
As I am already a ghost, having my head chopped off in the Spanish Inquisition, I doubt that it will do much good.....

--Con
Old July 30, 2003, 15:05   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

There are ways to kill a ghost. Our agents are trained in those ways................
Old July 30, 2003, 15:23   #19
Epistax
Prince

I've got some pals...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	gb1poster.gif
Views:	97
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	50684  
Old July 30, 2003, 15:31   #20
GodKing
Emperor

When there is something strange,
in the neighberhood,
who ya gonna call....

--Con
Old July 30, 2003, 15:32   #21
Epistax
Prince

Rush Limbah!

(how do you spell that name?)
Old July 30, 2003, 16:38   #22
Arnelos
Emperor

Limbaugh
Old February 9, 2004, 08:30   #23
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 17:44
Excellent, I would like a vengance policy with fries thanks

oh, and two jugs of cold beer.
Old February 9, 2004, 08:54   #24
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 18:44
me thinks the insurance agency has gone on vacation with there hard earnt money....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 9, 2004, 17:54   #25
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

All of our customers have died with no beneficiaries to pay off to.

Oh well, guess we'll just have to keep the money.
Old February 9, 2004, 18:21   #26
Arnelos
Emperor

Man... talk about dredging up a thread from ancient history!

Does bring back some memories, however
Old February 9, 2004, 19:04   #27
GodKing
Emperor

Yep. Lots of old memories. The original time of the thread, as well as having my head chopped off

--Con
Old February 9, 2004, 20:13   #28
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 17:44
The thread was easy to find, it is linked on MWIA's "Term II Directory - work in progress" thread.

I am curious about how you lost your head GodKing?
Old February 9, 2004, 20:26   #29
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Freak paper cut incident at work.............
Old February 21, 2004, 06:02   #30
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 18:44
ouch those paper cuts really hurt
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71