Old October 1, 2002, 15:02   #31
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Perhaps some secrecy could be established by having the results of poles be hidden to all but ministers. Everyone would vote on plans, but the results would be unknown until they are played out. This wouldn’t fix everything, opponents would still know what you were doing before they ‘ought to’, but at least they wouldn’t know before you actually did it.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:04   #32
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:46
Actually, if I do have a new one, I thought we could arrange some sort of...trade...from that knowledge?

Of course I will post it on the UN forum. It may not do you much good though, I believe it was a French site...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 1, 2002, 15:19   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by maniacalmonkey
Ah, OK. But please - no fist fights in the Council or catering areas, take it out to the parking lot if you must
If it's in our embassy we can gut em and grind them into hamburger meat if we want to. Diplomatic Immunity don't you know.................
Old October 1, 2002, 15:23   #34
nalob
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:46
Oops a French site. I have to admit my French sucks big time. I assume the people from Apolytonia don't have an embassy up there? Anyway, I will try to find some one that can write some decent French. They must be better compared to the French AI civ
Old October 1, 2002, 15:31   #35
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

They were only setting up last time I looked. I will check again tonight and see what is going on. That is if I can get my wife to translate again...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 1, 2002, 15:37   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Why don't you use the free online translation sites. Apolyton has one on the main forum page. I just copy and paste into the window and get a pretty good idea of what it says.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:41   #37
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Okay .

First, I'd like to resecond the nomination of UnOrthO as our Ambassidor if he wants the job. He'd be great at it.

Secondly, I'd be willing to offer myself for the job, but I've got several other responsibilities, am not nearly as creative as UnOrthO (besides spending some time over there mantaining relations, can't think of much else to do, whereas he clearly can ), and don't think I'm nearly as good a canidate. So, UnOrthO'd be my preferred choice.

I'll probably post more detailed thoughts later, especially about the PTW game that'll come at some point, but for now I've got ten other threads to read and at least five to add to the Directory, so...

-- adaMada
Old October 1, 2002, 16:05   #38
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Creative? Hardly.

adaMada, you would be an excellent candidate for the job. You even have the advantage of being an independant, though I really don't think parties should become a part of this issue. I would be proud to send you as our representative.

However.

I have been thinking on this for quite some time now. I have decided that I will run for this position. I don't know if we want to make it one month terms or whatnot, but I will run for now. Truth is I am going to be unable to perform in any kind of Ministerial or Executive office anyway. My computer already takes 10 minutes to load a save, it was taking 8 to play the turns during my little time as VP. That is only going to get worse as the game progresses. I don't require a save to do this, and it will let me focus on the Gazette more fully. I have alot of fun things I want to start trying on that, actually. (some of you may want to subscribe if you are not...planning special E-mail features VERY soon...Saturday, perhaps....)

Thud. You would also do a fine job here, and I second your nomination as well as adaMada's. I really hope that we can all work together to make it an office rather than some sort of one man job.

Are we going to vote on this, then? And do we need an Amendment for this as well?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 1, 2002, 16:15   #39
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Very well .

I am stepping out of the running. UnOrthO, as I've said, is a far better canidate, and I couldn't run against him in good concience.

If we're allowed to bring more than one person (probably as assistants to the Ambassador), then I'd offer myself to help in any way I can while still maintaing my other positions. Having said that, UnOrthO is the best for the job, and I have many other opportunities -- elected and not -- for the near future, as well as my current list of responsibilities. UnOrthO has my full support.

Finally, I second Thud's nomination, because I think he'd also do well.

-- adaMada
Old October 1, 2002, 16:35   #40
disorganizer
Prince

Local Time: 08:46
to the un and fanatika:

As speaking for Fanatika, we will propably have even 3 reps:
1) the representant of Fanatika
he is the person responsible for our representation at the un
2) the deputy of the representant
he shall also be able to talk in the un-council
3) the head of the fanatikan un office
he leads an office thread on our forum to get citizen input and post news from the un. he is also the ambassador to the community.
4) also, all of our foreign ambassadors to other forums will be appointed helpers to the un office, with post rights in the un office and the community embassy

we will have an election between the 2 remaining candidates. we will definitely send a representative.

the un is not only for organizing ptw demogaming, but also for easy cross-community conversation.

to the multiplayer game:
spies are fact in real world. so we will have spies in the demogame too. if they are caught, their treatment will reflect their crimes :-)
but subforums with security are a must of course. i wonder if we manage to get this organized between forums or if we will have to setup a seperate independant forum for the PTW-Demogame...

to ezforum:
if the popups go on your nerves, install webwasher :-P

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!
Old October 1, 2002, 18:39   #41
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:46
We should withdraw from the UN. It is full of nothing but heathens.