Old October 1, 2002, 13:42   #1
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
security questions
with the advent of PTW on the horizon and one or two threads going concerning espionage between democracies while the game goes on... is there anyway that anyone can think of to prevent them from joining our democracy and voting in the polls and, thereby, skewing the results or even holding offices in our government while still acting on behalf of theirs?
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 1, 2002, 14:31   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
Nope.
We can protect the democracy forum with a password and only give it to the people who are playing now. We should change it periodically as well as start a new branch of the government that is responsible for locating spies (I have a few ideas already but I'm not going to tell them in here or otherwise they'll be useless against future spies). Once a spy is located, the password should be changed immediately and the new password should be emailed or PM'ed to all the members that are still trusted.
However, I'm afraid that There is no fool-proof method to keep spies away. I guess espionage will become part of the game. This should prove to be interesting.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 1, 2002, 20:47   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:47
Our gams is decidedly single player, so we shouldn't need to worry too much about this until we DO start a game where we are in direct competition with another.

/me thinks of joining two MP Democracy games at their inception so he can help manipulate the results of one to the advantage of the other.

Imagine being President of two competing games. Hmm....

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 1, 2002, 21:55   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:47
What it to keep people from playing ahead?

What is to keep the prez from ignoring the ministers and playing the game as they want to?

Why are we here at all?

Think about it. For some issues, we can use PM's. For others, we simply trust to our felow demogamers to have trust, honor, integrity, and all that jazz.

I think that when we do have inter forum PtW demo games, we will need an iternational court and a United nations where we can bring about inter-forum disputes and discussions, but that is all. It is a game, and we trust others to act in good faith is all. If **** happens, life goes on, that person is ostricised for ever on most forums, and we either play on or start over.

Jeez, relax. it is just a game is all.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 1, 2002, 22:22   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Actually i was thinking of how cool it would be to get elected Military Commander of two different ones and using the combined forces to enslave a third.

Muwhahahahahhahah
Old October 2, 2002, 01:45   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:47
Having multiple capitals named after you....

Ghengis- you could claim every successful battle in history was all you!

A UN? Coooooooool.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 2, 2002, 03:43   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yep. There is. Theoretically.

The only sub forum I've ever heard of on Poly... was created for the Civ2Demo game playing against other civ sites.

If you are not accepted on the list of citizens, you do not see the forum for the game.
Old October 2, 2002, 03:43   #8
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

You can still see the public forum though.