Old October 1, 2002, 14:11   #1
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 03:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Crash & Burn!
Ok, here’s my story. It’s sad, but true. I did a CtP2 reinstallation, followed by the Patch (v 1.11) and then ModSwapper. I’ve done this about 3 times in the past, so I think I have it down. Then I added SAP (v2) and GoodMod (v1) and set up for 9 players on a gigantic map (not the ultra-large map). I meet my neighbors (Mexicans) and work hard to establish good relations with them. I get about 80 turns into the game and it crashes on the AIs turn! I try several times and CtP2 crashes at the same point. I changed MaxPlayers from 0 to 9 and it still crashes. I think CtP2 is getting revenge on me for all the games I played without crashing.

Is there a certain order to adding the Mods? Should I unzip GoodMod before SAP? I don’t need the “second file” for GoodMod, do I? I just downloaded the big file, which is complete right? I think I’ll download both SAP and GoodMod from the Apolyton files directory again – just to be sure something didn’t mess up during my last download. The last time, I clicked on the “Files” link on the main CtP2 page – but that doesn’t matter because it takes me to the one and only CtP2 files directory, right?

Anyway, if anyone sees something that I missed, I would welcome your input! I’ll try a reinstallation and another new game and see how that goes. Maybe it’s just one of those things…
Old October 1, 2002, 14:39   #2
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
Debugslic=No?????
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old October 1, 2002, 16:54   #3
ETB
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by child of Thor
Debugslic=No?????
Correct. Although I did set it to “Yes” just to see if a SLIC error showed up before the crash – but no error was reported. Until the current SP Tourney game, I had experienced only one other CtP2 crash during my SP games – and I’m playing on XP. Since I just went through a complete CtP2 removal and reinstallation, I thought that I missed something obvious. I’ll remove and reinstall again, but I like trying to pinpoint the source of problems when they arise.
Old October 2, 2002, 16:35   #4
ETB
Warlord

What’s that old saying? If at first you don’t succeed try, try again! I re-downloaded the SAP and GoodMod files from the Mod directory. This time I downloaded them at work, utilizing the high-speed connection. I removed ModSwapper and CtP2 from my comp and reinstalled CtP2, Patch, ModSwapper, SAP, and GoodMod. Started up a game and I was all the way to 100 AD before I knew it! The game is running without errors. I was unable to establish friendly relations with my neighbors this time, but the Barbarians have been the biggest threat so far. I can’t recall the last game I saw so many Barbarians!

Anyway, I doubt I’ll ever know what happened in my previous game when it crashed out. For now, I think I’ll keep these mod downloads for future use and enjoy my GoodMod game!
Old October 4, 2002, 17:12   #5
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 08:47
Well at least it works now. Maybe some corrupt files or something caused your problem.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.