View Poll Results: What should be our next Secret Project?
The Merchant Exchange 2 10.53%
The Human Genome Project 8 42.11%
The Virtual World 9 47.37%
Nothing/want to for something else (please post what if waiting) 0 0%
Xenobanana!!! (aka ABSTAIN) 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 2, 2002, 19:19   #1
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official : Poll for next Secret Project (for real this time!)
The Weather Paradigm is underway at New 'poly, so this is the perfect time to decide on our next one! According to the Datalinks, we have The Merchant Exchange & The Human Genome Project currently available, with The Virtual World rumored as a likely 3rd choice shortly. Which of these would you like to see us tackle next?

Maki = idjit today, sorry folks! :b
Old October 2, 2002, 19:45   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
Genome project!
Old October 2, 2002, 19:57   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

oh when does this expire?
Old October 2, 2002, 20:09   #4
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:51
3 days
Old October 2, 2002, 20:36   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:51
Virtual World.... We will need to start building Network Nodes soonish (especially for that Artifact we got), and it's all the sweeter if they keep the drones at bay too.

I have never understood the desire for the HG - can someone tell me why they think it is so great? It seems to me to be the least important of all of them.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 3, 2002, 01:59   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
The Merchant Exchange could give us a leg up money-wise.
Old October 3, 2002, 03:06   #7
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:51
Quote:
I have never understood the desire for the HG - can someone tell me why they think it is so great? It seems to me to be the least important of all of them.
because the extra talent keeps the drones at bay, and there is no need to build a network node for it
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old October 3, 2002, 04:26   #8
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 19:51
*isn't awfully familiar with these wonders*

*reads down to argument below*
*is convinced by MWIA*
*votes for Virtual World*
Old October 3, 2002, 04:38   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Quote:
because the extra talent keeps the drones at bay, and there is no need to build a network node for it
So it's one extra happy person. We, as the UN, get one of them every, what, four citizens? I don't see much advantage in any Faction's (except maybe the Uni's) case, but even less so for us. ME maybe, but we should really have a good energy-producing base for that, and we don't yet have one in a decent enough position. Virtual World, however, gives us an entire base facility with maintenance of 3 each we don't need to worry about as soon as we start building Network Nodes, which we should commence ASAP.

What more can be said, really?

Old October 3, 2002, 05:25   #10
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:51
VW is the killer. I was gonna shout for MW in Panama, but remembered this is SMAC, so no thermocline transducers. Still might have enough energy to be a decent SC, especially if we trawl all of the Sweetwater Sea that isn't covered by city radii. But Panama has some other things to build first anyway.
Old October 3, 2002, 15:34   #11
Method
Emperor

well for one thing, we don't have the tech for the VW right now, and another is that it costs 100 minerals more IIRC
Old October 3, 2002, 15:56   #12
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 08:51
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
"Learn to overcome the crass demand of..."
Vitrual World, I say, as long as we can't build the Ascetic Virtues.
Old October 5, 2002, 06:16   #13
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 10:51
HGP.. with that xtra Talent we'll be able to postpone Happiness Buildings for quite a while.
Old October 5, 2002, 06:43   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

One more happy citizen? Really - there are better things we could be doing with those minerals.

It seems like such a waste.

Old October 5, 2002, 07:43   #15
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:51
Doesn't the HG also give immunity against the odd random plague. Anyhow I voted for VW
Old October 5, 2002, 08:05   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Thanks, Hercules. If you didn't vote for VW I'd have had to make myself a DL and vote for it again!