Old October 2, 2002, 21:09   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Jungle Gazette: Volume XXI
The Jungle Gazette

Your Light in the Jungle - October 2, 440 AD

Conspiracy Afoot!
Secret Projet revealed!

What began and an innocent request for 40 Lytons soon turned ugly. Amidst a sea of assassination threats and at least one failed attempt on former President Ninot's life, our undercver reporters were able to uncover the truth behind Plan Vodka. It would appear that it is merely an attempt to move HoleInTheWall one tile south. This will give the city access to the sea, and therefore a port, as well as grain which can be used to make any number of alcoholic beverages in the $Mini-Game.

- UnOrthOdOx

Name the War Contest II
Your chance to win!

Rules:

No Negative suggestions will be considered. I have never published a negative story about the Government or our decisions, despite my own feelings, and I am not about to start. So keep you 'great mistake' and 'needless violence' suggestions to yourself.

Top five candidates will be polled on.

All editors, past and present,(currently myself, Tassadar5000, Donal Graeme, and Shiber, may have another before this is done, though) will help me determine the top five.

This will be open for suggestions for 5 days, then we will choose five and poll.

Winners will recieve a collectors edition of our first issue. Stored in a sealed case, and specially processed to prevent deterioration. Comes with a certificate of authenticity. Estimated value: 300 Lyton

So come and claim a piece of Apolytonia's history!
Cme sumit your suggestions here.

- UnOrthOdOx

Our Armies Victorious Again!
Persia crumbles before our might

Our armies procede to march over Persian terrain. In a swift move, Aggie inspired our knights to claim 3 Persian cities in short order What is more amazingis that it happened without a single loss! "It is as ifwe ripped the very heart from these people when we took the Pyramids. They have lost the very will to fight. One could almost take pity on them as they lay down arms before us and flee in terror." Aggie stated "It has been interesting to hear the stories when we first started of how we would never be able to defeat these legendary Immortals change into cries of terror, and Persians calling our own knights invincible."

- UnOrthOdOx

Catherine builds Wonder
Beats out Rome, among others

In a great feat of engineering and planning, Catherine sends word that she has managed to edge out many nations in the construction of Leonardo's Workshop. Located in Moscow, this workshop will help in re-training soldiers to use the most modern eqipment available. "I am extremey pleased that we were able to complete this before the Romans. They are widely known to be quite aggressive, and my people will need all the help we can get to upgrade our military and hopefully put a stop to the Roman Legions. I invite any Apolytonians to visit Moscow and see this marvelous work in person." Catherine commented.

- UnOrthOdOx

UN Ambassador to be sent
Nominations now being accepted

The people have elected to send a reresentative to the 1BC United Nations. This representative will become our voice in the matters ultimately leading up to a possible multi-site game sometime in the future. Nominations are now being accepted at the Courthouse in Del Monte.

- UnOrthOdOx

Re-naming Persia
First step in assimilating the Persian natives underway

After gathering many suggestions, the former Persian homeland is now being renamed. "This will be the first step in the process of assimilating this people into our culture. They will first accept our names, then our ways. Who knows, perhaps one day, they will even become PRODUCTIVE members of society." UnOrthOdOx, th Regional Administrator said. Make your voice known and vote to name the province.

- UnOrthOdOx

Geofort Slips past Banana Peels
Evas remain unbeaten

The Geofort Evas continued their dominance over the Junle ball league with an impressive 70 - 56 win over the Banana HQ Banana Peels. "Though I'll probably win week 4 and 5, the few games after that are quite difficult for me. If the schedule had been slightly different there is a very good chance I'd only be 2-2 after week four. There is getting to be a lot of pressure to keep this streak alive." Apocolypse, the team coach had to say. Next week, Geofort will visit Timeline and try to extend their unbeaten streak.

- UnOrthOdOx

Statistics are in!
Reddawg at it again

"The State of the Nation: 430 AD"
excerpt:
MAJOR POWERS: (any nation with 15% more points than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Apolyton, 35.0% above mean (a good rise)
2. Greece, 32.7% above mean (a small rise)
3. Rome, 16.1% above mean (a new Major Power!)
*There were a lot of changes and shake-ups over the last term, and even more this term!. The world is amazed that, after Apolyton joining the ranks of the Major Powers last term, that Rome is now also among the ranks. The entire face of international relations will be transformed, as there is no longer a bipolarity around Greece and Apolyton but a three-pronged system, with Rome dominating Abananaba Minor. It is also noted that our nation has surpassed Greece.*

For this and more statistics, check out the entire State of the Nation thread at
The State of the Nation: 430 AD

- Reddawg

New Embassy Founded
Deomgyptica makes themselves known

"We are a small Community of about 30 members wich form the parliament.

Right now we are voting for our second Gouvernment and are about to to continue our game.

Please feel invited to visit our Site but be warned. the language there is german. So if you have questions about Demogyptica please ask me.

http://www.civ2-forum.gamigo.de/for...p?s=&forumid=36" Darekill, Ambassador of Demogyptica said. Let us all great these new neighbors and make them welcome here in Apolytonia.

- UnOrthOdOx

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 2, 2002, 21:24   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

OK.

Subscribers, please give me feedback on your special features...(sure hope that worked...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 2, 2002, 21:28   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:51
UnOrthO,

One word -- awsome! Both on the regular edition and the subscriber features. I like how the Gazette is beginning to document the day-to-day life of Apolytonia more and more -- it makes for a good read .

Extra subscriber features are REALLY nice -- I'm glad you were able to get them in.

-- adaMada
Old October 2, 2002, 21:31   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Only the beginning. There is a VERY NICE adition I was unable to get into this one...hoping for Saturday.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 2, 2002, 23:56   #5
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

The E-mail looks Cool.
Old October 3, 2002, 00:08   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
It's the second time I'm reading the Gazette today... I received my preferred newspaper comfortably in my inbox... Great job, as always, UnOrthO!
And I’m hoping for the Saturday edition too…
Old October 3, 2002, 00:30   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:51
I have much more time on my hands now....

Any ideas of how I can use it?
Old October 3, 2002, 07:39   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Please! I have never stopped considering you as an editor.

Which day do you prefer?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 08:10   #9
Reddawg
Prince

gg Unortho, and thx for including my submission
Old October 3, 2002, 18:20   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:51
WOW. Thanks.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con