View Poll Results: Can we declare war with the US?
Yes let the rivers run red with the heathens blood. 55 77.46%
No I'd rather have a cup of tea. 16 22.54%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 2, 2002, 21:51   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
War!!!!!!!!
Good God what is it good for?

I dunno but do we declare war with the US.

Due to the laws one of these polls is necesary to declare war so are we ok with declaring war with the scum sucking US?
Old October 2, 2002, 22:01   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 03:51
war.
Old October 2, 2002, 22:02   #3
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:51
Destroy!
Old October 2, 2002, 22:03   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

War!

Let's do it, folks... I'm not a warmongering Hawk or a peaceloving DIA, but I said this was the right action weeks ago, and I stand by my recomendation then -- let's take America before we loose our chance.

-- adaMada
Old October 2, 2002, 22:16   #5
Robber Baron
Prince

Yep, let slip the dogs of war, and all that.
Translation for you Simpsons folks: "Smithers, release the hounds.")
Old October 2, 2002, 22:47   #6
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I don't even think DIA members should oppose this one... its free cities, AMericna opposition is virtually non-existant and we don't have to worry about Abe's attitude because he won't sitting around long to plot revenge against us.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:44   #7
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
War!
AND a cup of tea to enjoy the show.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:57   #8
XOR
Warlord

[germlins background music]

Waaaahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!

War! Kill! Loot! Steal! Rape! Burn! Destroy! Plunder! Conquer! Waaahahahahaha!!!

[/background music]
Old October 3, 2002, 00:32   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Barbarians.....all of you.....

Although I do not support this war.....Send me a bottle of their blood Just mail it to New Apolyton, Chrion, Alpha Centauri......

Old October 3, 2002, 02:48   #10
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51
Is it Banana Tea?
Old October 3, 2002, 04:04   #11
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: War!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
Good God what is it good for?

I dunno but do we declare war with the US.

Due to the laws one of these polls is necesary to declare war so are we ok with declaring war with the scum sucking US?
I am *fully* in favor of immediate war with the Americans (or as nearly immediate as possible) and have voted in favor of doing so here.

However, does that first thread message (and the choices in the poll) meet the conditions for being unbiased as laid out in the CoL or is this an unofficial poll?

Last edited by Arnelos; October 3, 2002 at 04:11.
Old October 3, 2002, 04:06   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Barbarians.....all of you.....

Although I do not support this war.....Send me a bottle of their blood Just mail it to New Apolyton, Chrion, Alpha Centauri......

Well, so much for the theory that our people will grow more "civilized" with time...
Old October 3, 2002, 04:19   #13
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Re: Re: War!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

However, does that first thread message (and the choices in the poll) meet the conditions for being unbiased as laid out in the CoL or is this an unofficial poll?
It is absolutely unbiased to say that water turn red when you mix it with blood.
Old October 3, 2002, 05:24   #14
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

NO! WAIT!! Give peace a chance!!!

just kidding
Old October 3, 2002, 07:25   #15
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:51
Definitely war. Just remember to sell something to the Americans for all of their money (no gpt though or we'll take a rep hit when we declare war) prior to the declaration of war so that they are least able to convince other AIs to ally with them against us.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 3, 2002, 08:09   #16
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:51
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
War!

Let's do it, folks... I'm not a warmongering Hawk or a peaceloving DIA, but I said this was the right action weeks ago, and I stand by my recomendation then -- let's take America before we loose our chance.

-- adaMada
Well, I am a warmongering Hawk! Kill them ALL!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 08:56   #17
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Yes, war !!!!!!

But, declare it only when we are ready to figth.
Old October 3, 2002, 10:52   #18
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

war
can we conduct war effectively against Persia and the US? I heard a number like 8 or 9 turns to get troops to the US front. They certainly were a nice buffer while it lasted but the only thing of value that they have is incense.... and a little iron. So are we going to war just to prevent the Aztecs from getting their hands on that?
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 3, 2002, 10:57   #19
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

hmm.... seems like voting is really a moot point as the only one who disagreed was Tass, and he doesn't really play here anymore.

Cry Havok!!!!
Old October 3, 2002, 13:29   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: war
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser
can we conduct war effectively against Persia and the US? I heard a number like 8 or 9 turns to get troops to the US front. They certainly were a nice buffer while it lasted but the only thing of value that they have is incense.... and a little iron. So are we going to war just to prevent the Aztecs from getting their hands on that?
We are going to war for that AND their desert as it the only terrain anywhere near us that might have Oil.
Old October 3, 2002, 13:34   #21
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Re: Re: war
Quote:
We are going to war for that AND their desert as it the only terrain anywhere near us that might have Oil.
Good enough then... we should get an alliance with the Aztecs though IMHO, both to better our standing with them and to add their WM and some gold to the pot (as, according to another thread, that is what they are willing to do)
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 3, 2002, 13:35   #22
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Is this poll legitimate? The first post is suposed to be neutral. Now I ask, is "scum sucking" a neutral opinion?

For the record, I voted for War!
Old October 3, 2002, 13:40   #23
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
The first post in a poll thread should be completely neutral. No options are to be suggested for voting, just what each option entails in an unbiased format. The same is true for the voting options. While poking fun at an option will probably be acceptable, if someone thinks that it interferes with a voter’s decision, then they may deem it invalid. If you show bias in your options, then it is no longer fair. So be warned, if your poll is a landslide one way and should win but someone feels that the options you presented are unfair and calls for a validity vote, if it’s deemed invalid your poll is useless.
According to this "poking fun will probably be accepted" so it is valid until someone wants to challenge...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 14:06   #24
Bolverk
Settler

Aggie argues convincingly for waiting for war with the Americans until 520, when we can zot the last couple cities and be done in a hurry. If we want to change the government to Republic, then that works especially well.

We'll culture kamph the American, Aztec-held cities.

Don't ally with the Aztecs! Everyone loves to hate the Aztecs! Shouldn't we be concerned about our relations with the Germans? They make a really handy ally during the Industrial age (gotta love those Panzers...)

Culture bomb is much more effective when there is no war, is that not so?
Old October 3, 2002, 14:11   #25
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'm not too worried about the Aztecs taking some of the American cities. I'm only worried about missing the chance for a GA against America. We can take the Aztec cities and the incense later through culture flipping since we'll own a lot of their 21 city tiles, since they're impressed with our culture and since the American cities are very far from the Aztec capital.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 3, 2002, 14:38   #26
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

The Aztecs will pay us for what we're going to do anyway.

Tanks (and Panzers) aren't adviable until late in the Industrial era.

Germany is a dangerous player to form a MPP with. They will bring you into wars you don't want to be in.
And if you form an MPP with both Germany & another nation, guess which nation is the agressor towards the other causing you to break an MPP? (That's right, Germany.)
Old October 3, 2002, 16:05   #27
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Lets do it. They can't do much to harm us so we really have nothing to lose.

Sell your photos
Old October 3, 2002, 17:32   #28
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 04:51
no doubt about it. if we dont take them out, someone else will. hawks want WAR now!!!
Old October 3, 2002, 17:42   #29
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Where is the abstain option?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 3, 2002, 17:48   #30
jdd2007
NationStates
King

just dont vote GK. anyway, are you for the war or against it?

btw, i can compromise, because i looove tea