Old October 2, 2002, 23:00   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Feedback for Trading session TEN
Need feedback on the following concepts:

Checked the game to see how many workers we have captured and what the change was in the last turnchat since this stuff is no longer summarized. The only change is the +2 workers we took from Persia. Oh, well I guess Togas had a reason for ordering no workers to be bought.

Anyway, I got the following:
5 American
6 Persian (+7 Persian already owned by players, 13 total)
3 Greek
3 Babylonian
0 French (+3 French already owned by players)
1 Roman
0 German (+1 German already owned by players (skywalker))

Should I just add the 2 we took from Persia, or throw them all out for auction?

I was thinking about adding the 2 Persians, the German (skywalker's but it was seized by the government), and the Roman (which I think was a recent purchase). That would be 4 total.

Then add the rest that we missed when we open up the the whole thing for auction after the Beta is finished.

And an idea from discussion thread:

Replace Shoppes and Taverns into "Retail Business"
A "Retail Business" costs 3 shield/labor to build and allows you to sell up to 6 product at a 50% bonus based on pop of the city it is in.

Any "Retail Business" can be expanded into a "Chain Retail Business" for an additional cost of 2 shield/labor which removes the 6 product max (so if the city was size 14 a "retail business" only allows you to sell 6 product at a bonus, but a "chain retail business" would allow you to sell 14)

When built, you must choose the type of "retail business" it is:

1) "Shoppe" -bonus applies to commerce (same as current Shoppe)
2) "Eatery" -bonus applies to food (same as current Tavern)
3) "Tavern" -bonus applies to food AND alcohol, but must sell at least 1 of each to receive bonus
4) "Bar" -bonus applies to alcohol
5) "Steak House" bonus only applies to Beef (food from tiles with the Cattle resource) but bonus is 75%, not 50%
7) "Specialty Shoppe" bonus applies to a specific type of commerce (ie, Horses, Dye, Spice, etc) and only that commerce receives the bonus, but the bonus is 75%, not 50%

You can cease operations for 1 trading session and convert from one type of "retail business" to another type for a cost of 1 shield/labor.

Basically this allows different types of business, and hopefully a player couls own businesses only without land and still make money. This is an attempt to duplicate things from other website's Civ3Dem games in the hope that when PTW comes out we could have a similiar system in all of the various civs.

Note, that I think this variation would cover most retail outlets for the rest of the game.

Comments/Suggestions?

PAPER MILL {city or estate} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
Requires tile to have river access.

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 1 shield into 2 paper per labor. Paper sells on the commerce market.

BINDERY {city or estate} (Costs 3 shields/labor)
Representing scribes before the printing press

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 1 paper into 1 book (or 2 pamphlets) per labor. Books and Pamphlets sell in the commerce market with the Literature subDemand. Books sell at 150% D/S and Pamphlets sell at 75% of D/S.

Printer {city or estate} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
A Binder can be upgraded after the discovery of the Printing Press for 2 shields/labor.

A Printer basically doubles what a labor can do versus a Bindery.

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 2 paper into 2 books (or 4 pamphlets) per labor. Books and Pamphlets sell in the commerce with the Literature subDemand.

Literature subDemand is equal to the market's pop x the literacy rate with an additional +1 added for each library and university in the market. As long as the subDemand is not met, all "literature" products sell at a 50% bonus.[/quote]
I'd be all about a Banana Press making Banana parchement but Jungle tiles jsut don't produce much.

Also, Timeline looks to be added to this Market, do you want me to open Timeline's tiles for auction?

Current Land Holdings..........
1)adaMada
2)Captain
3)civman2000
4)Darkness' Edge
5)Duddha

..."Dudeville"
6)Epistax
..."Epistan Plantation"
7)Franses -No holdings
8)GhengisFarb
...a)"Ghengis Mountain"
...b)"Jungleister"
...c)"Jungundy"
...d)"Apolyfield"
...e)"Le Peu"
...f)"Ghengal Delta"
9)jdd2007
..."The Jungle Farm"
10)Jonny
11)Kloreep
12)Kramerman
-No holdings
13)Nimitz
14)notyoueither

..."The Mustang Ranch"
15)Rendelnep
..."Sam's Minor Land Holding"
16)Shiek -No holdings
17)skywalker -No holdings
18)Spiffor
..."Woodworks"
19)UnOrthOdOx
..."The Gazette Ranch"
20)=OttomusCeasar=

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 2, 2002 at 23:16.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:06   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Is the Paper Press officially in? I may change to a 'specialty shoppe' for the selling of....newspapers....

I still say only the two workers. 20 would just flood the market, and some of those were 'captured' before the Mini Game started, or that rule was implimented. I am sure we missed a few here or there as well, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 2, 2002, 23:21   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Is the Paper Press officially in? I may change to a 'specialty shoppe' for the selling of....newspapers....
If there's not a bunch of negative comments, I don't see why not.

Quote:
I still say only the two workers. 20 would just flood the market, and some of those were 'captured' before the Mini Game started, or that rule was implimented. I am sure we missed a few here or there as well, though.
Instead of the 4? We've got a lot of buildings that require labor to operate now. I'm really suprised more people aren't building Breweries, etc. jdd2007 is sitting on the single most strategic tile and hasn't built anything on it yet.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:45   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I guess it sounds OK. Let's tinker till it's broke, then we can fix it.
Old October 2, 2002, 23:46   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Although, I'd say leave land things alone for now. Let's allow time to attract some new players.
Old October 3, 2002, 07:41   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

jdd has been spending his time afar....

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 07:42   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The 20 workers would help with labor...I guess let them in. Should be interesting to see how many get sold the first round.

BTW what save was the last turn played on, I think my grassland tile may have had a mine.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 3, 2002 at 08:16.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:15   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
The 20 workers would help with labor...I guess let them in. Should be interesting to see how many get sold the first round.

BTW what save was the last turn played on, I think my grassland tile may have had a mine.
380 AD, the next one would be played with 440AD. I rather hold off the whole 20 until after the Beta so if we get new players there would be a bigger pool for them to buy from.

In 380AD your lower tile had a mine and a road so it produced 2 food, 2 shields, and 1 commerce.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:36   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

It wasn't a shielded grassland, was it?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 09:38   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I only see a mine on it in Aro's map for 430.

I think your latest map may be mistaken, or I am, I thought I got the one that is the western most on your 8c. If not, you way undersold it to me.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 09:48   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
I only see a mine on it in Aro's map for 430.

I think your latest map may be mistaken, or I am, I thought I got the one that is the western most on your 8c. If not, you way undersold it to me.
The property map is old, I'd have to redo ALL the squares to make them fit right if I updated the underlying game map. I'm going off of the 440 AD save not the 430 AD one. Both of those tiles were Jungle when you bought them but are grassland now, and the one that had a shield on it has been mined and roaded.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 3, 2002 at 09:56.
Old October 3, 2002, 09:50   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

We may be speaking of two different things then. I was talking of around Tassagrad. My two jungle were finally cleared? That is great! And one is even shielded?

Yep, a whole stack is sitting on my southern tile in 430, so that one didn't change till 440.

Ghengis. I cannot load up the save anymore, well I can, but it takes over 10 min, could you supply me with the production of my tiles? Possibly for a small fee?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 09:55   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
We may be speaking of two different things then. I was talking of around Tassagrad. My two jungle were finally cleared? That is great! And one is even shielded?
Yes, I'm talking about the Termina jungle, the two you started with.

UnOrthOdOx
Termina nne 2 food, 1 commerce
Termina ne2 2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce
Tassagrad NE 2 food
BHQ nnw 1 food, 1 commerce

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 3, 2002 at 10:01.
Old October 3, 2002, 10:06   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ok, you sure it was cut, roaded and mined in 380? If so, do I get the leftover 2 shield, 1 food, and one commerce in my stockpile?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 10:09   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Ok, you sure it was cut, roaded and mined in 380? If so, do I get the leftover 2 shield, 1 food, and one commerce in my stockpile?
Yes, just like Nimitz has all those shields in his stockpile that he never sells.

In 380:
Termina nne 1 food, 1 commerce
Termina ne2 2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce
Tassagrad NE 2 food
BHQ nnw 1 food, 1 commerce
Old October 3, 2002, 10:28   #16
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OK. Could you supply me with current production for EACH turn, and what would you charge me for that?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 10:34   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
OK. Could you supply me with current production for EACH turn, and what would you charge me for that?
Why? Before 380 I tracked and sold everything for your territories. Are were you wanting the breakdown at the beginning of each trading session?
Old October 3, 2002, 10:43   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yeah, a breakdown at the beginning of each turn. I just can't always load the save or look at the map each time.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 11:47   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

The players currently produce 75 food, 55 shields, 65 commerce, and 2 horses per turn.

The market next turn will demand 38 food and 95 commerce.
Apolyton will demand 4 alcohol.
BHQ will demand 5 alcohol.
Tassagrad will demand 5 alcohol.
Termina will demand 4 alcohol.
Ghengistown will demand 1 alcohol.

Note that the turn after next BHQ and Tassagrad will proabably demand 12 alcohol each.

That's a lot of food.............

STOCKPILES:
adaMada ( 4 halfShields)
Captain ( 2 shields)
Darkness'Edge ( 4 shields, 4 commerce)
Epistax ( 1 shield, 5 commerce)
GhengisFarb ( 7 shields, 3 commerce, 1 halfShield, 8 ale)
jdd2007 ( 1 shield, 5 commerce)
Spiffor ( 10 shields, 5 commerce)
UnOrthOdOx ( 2 shields, 1 commerce)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 3, 2002 at 12:38.
Old October 4, 2002, 01:36   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

>bump<

Come on people state your opinions...........
Old October 4, 2002, 08:59   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Looks good.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby