Old October 3, 2002, 11:21   #1
granville
Settler

Local Time: 00:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Two More Stack Commands
With the addition of the stack movement command (J) and the more recent Fortify All and Wake All commands, we Civ III addicts are happier. However, there are still two more automation commands that are needed: The Bomb All and the Attack All commands. Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed before.

The Bomb All command is basically for artillery pieces (also suitable for naval forces). I find the computer opponents often mass a huge number of units (50 to 100) to attack my empire. The best defense, in my opinion, is to build up artillery pieces and bomb these suckers a couple of hexes away and hopefully I can destroy some of their wounded units in smaller increments in the next turn. However, it is quite a tedious process to keep hitting the “B” key to do the manual bombardment for each artillery piece for endless turns. It would be very nice if Firaxis could automate this feature and add the Bomb All command. I understand that some people for whatever reasons may not like this feature. Some people would prefer precision bombing that can only be handled manually. One solution is to divide the artillery stack into a number of smaller stacks. On top of that, this Bomb All feature should be implemented as an option just like the Wake All command. If this command is implemented, it would be quite a sight to watch my 40 to 50 artillery pieces doing the bombardment. It would be close to watching a WWII movie.

The Attack All command (goto key) follows the same principle above, but I have to agree that it is not as important as the Bomb All command.

I hope that these two commands would be included in the next patch. Am I dreaming?

Please share your thoughts.
Old October 3, 2002, 11:50   #2
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 09:52
I would be happy if such stack commands would have shortcuts. As I use 50+ stacks of modern armors in late Modern Era, it's annoying going down the whole list of units to execute the command.
Old October 3, 2002, 12:00   #3
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Stacked bomabrdment will be in Play The World. At least, there will be an auto-bombard command so you you won't even have to tell your units to do it every turn.

I don't know about stacked attack.
Old October 3, 2002, 12:17   #4
Locus
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:52
Related to this topic...

Is there any command or will there be a command to mass re-base bombers and jets. It's annoying to have to move so many bombers as you get further into enemy territory.
Old October 3, 2002, 14:29   #5
planetfall
Prince

Local Time: 01:52
Quote:
Originally posted by Locus
Related to this topic...

Is there any command or will there be a command to mass re-base bombers and jets. It's annoying to have to move so many bombers as you get further into enemy territory.
1. Click on Rebase button icon
2. Before select target, press and hold 'j' key
3. release on rebase target, all awake planes of same type should move.

Does make movement faster.

--PF
Old October 5, 2002, 12:46   #6
bbaws
Warlord

Local Time: 08:52
Just hold j, no need to select rebase.