View Poll Results: Should this amendment be added to the constitution
Yes 19 50.00%
No 18 47.37%
Abstain 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 5, 2002, 00:00   #31
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I was saying it CAN be Official AND officially acted upon. One who challenges it MUST prove it is Invalid. I do not believe the court would rule in their favor as the two polls have diferent purposes. I am willing to defend it as such, and even the third poll which would be which city gets the palace or th FP. I don't see why you fear a POSSIBLE court case so much. Worst that could happen is the poll become invalid.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 7, 2002, 10:00   #32
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Back on topic:

What is everyone's feelings on the MoE distributing funds for the SMC and City Planner to use as they see fit?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 7, 2002, 10:31   #33
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:53
I think that the request made by Ministers must be supported by other members of the Government (including the Prez of course). However good is the judgment of somebody, there can be other priorities which have to be appraised by the governement as a whole.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:06   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:53
This would have been somewhat o.k., but it fails to address 2 instances:

1) Rushing under Governments of either Despotism & Communism; which will affect City production, economic output and overall happyness.

2) Drafting of Conscripts, which will also do the same effects as above.

I think this admendment needs to also consider these.

E_T
Old October 7, 2002, 20:08   #35
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:53
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
This would have been somewhat o.k., but it fails to address 2 instances:

1) Rushing under Governments of either Despotism & Communism; which will affect City production, economic output and overall happyness.

2) Drafting of Conscripts, which will also do the same effects as above.

I think this admendment needs to also consider these.

E_T
::chuckle::

I guess we're all so much still in the Civ/Civ2 mindset that we still seem to forget about pop rushing
Old October 8, 2002, 13:43   #36
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thinking of Drafting, I bet Dudha wishes that foreign nationals could be drafted.
Old October 8, 2002, 13:49   #37
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I was purposely leaving out Drafting and PopRushing.

Why?

This is a patchwork amendment. Only meant to cover the problem at hand until the Constitutional Convention gets their entirely new CoL together. We are not going to be in a Communism before that. This is to fix the problem at hand:

No one is in charge of the cash, and many people want to have their say in the spending of such. Someone must be responsible.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 17:10   #38
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:53
When all Ministers have said what they want to buy and how much it costs, and assuming that there is not enough cash available to do everything, priorities have to be established. Opinions can be different, even opposite ; the Gov. needs a smooth decision process to solve that problem. If necessary someone has to arbitrate between opposite views ; it could be a President responsibility.
Old October 8, 2002, 20:36   #39
Reddawg
Prince

I don't know, the more I think about it the more I like this ammendment, and not just because I'm the current MoE and possibly will be for the next term as well. I've learned over the past few weeks that, honestly, many demands are made upon Apolytonia's coffers, and it is vital that someone can look at it all, from a more unbiased p.o.v. I think up until now, when the City Planner or SMC or Foreign Ministry has spent cash on something, no one has really stopped and looked at how it effects things as a whole, or where the money could have been spent instead (if you know anything about economics, I'm referring to "oppurtunity cost")... in short, I think this ammendment will allow for a much better organization and distribution of funds than has heretofore existed. Like Unortho said, someone's gotta be responsible.