View Poll Results: Is this Amendment ready to be added to the CoL?
Yes 33 89.19%
No 2 5.41%
Abstain 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3, 2002, 22:09   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Amendment VIII Ratification
Is this amendment reay to be added to the CoL?

Amendment VII:

The purpose of this amendment is to provide instructions on what to do in case a Great Leader(GL) should emerge during battle. This amendment shall be an exception to any part of the current Code of Laws, especially with regards to timing of turnchats/turnthreads.

1. The GL should immediately(once the game continues) be dispatched to a safe place for protection, preferrably to the city where he will complete his work.

2. It is recommended that as soon as the GL emerges(or as soon as feasible) that the game be stopped to decide the fate of the GL, as well as the destination city where he will meet that fate.

3. The President, Vice-President, SMC and City Planner, should discuss options for the GL. They should then poll the people, and the most popular option shall win. A pre-poll discussion thread can be started at their discretion, and should last no longer than three days.

4. The game will then restart as soon as practicable after the poll is complete.

5.The poll should last no longer than three days and follow the polling standards already listed in the Code of Laws.

6. In the event of a prolonged war, a Pre-poll may be used in place of stopping the game. Pre-poll results will remain current until the winning choice is completed and no longer available or there is a new choice to decide upon.

Options:
Yes
No
Abstain

For the purposes of this poll, abstain votes will be counted as 'no' towards the final %

Poll will close in 5 days

Edit: Discussion per NYE request:Amendment discussion: Use of Great Leaders[*]

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 4, 2002 at 08:49.
Old October 3, 2002, 22:32   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

It would be helpful if you could provide links to threads where this amendment has been discussed so that people can easily find the relevant arguments for and against.
Old October 3, 2002, 23:00   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:53
I would much prefer a permanent prepoll but do understand this can't foresee all possibilities. Still I support this amendment.
Aggie
Old October 3, 2002, 23:05   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Aggie,
There was a prepoll discussion; IIRC very few people contributed and it fell off the front page.

It's linked to in the directory (Executive Section).

I'll come back and edit this post with a link if I've got time.

-- adaMada
Old October 3, 2002, 23:18   #5
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Adamada I meant I would rather have a permanent prepoll for GL, I saw the prepoll discussion for this. Sorry for being unclear.
Aggie
Old October 3, 2002, 23:47   #6
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
Adamada I meant I would rather have a permanent prepoll for GL, I saw the prepoll discussion for this. Sorry for being unclear.
Aggie
Oh, ok. Gotcha . You weren't unclear at all, I was stupid. Sorry, I should have gotten it the first time -- I think I'm too tired to be interacting with people .

-- adaMada
Old October 4, 2002, 08:14   #7
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 04:53
In my games, I always know what I'd do with a GL, should one appear. I don't see why this community cannot do the same. Make a minister in charge of holding a perpetual discussion and polls, and then he includes the standing popular choice in his orders. Not sure which minister this should be though. I see the prescribed delays in this amendment as unnecessary.
Old October 4, 2002, 08:52   #8
Reddawg
Prince

I think this ammendment is very wise. vote yes!
Old October 4, 2002, 09:19   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Now... if Amendment VIII passes and Amendment VII fails (which seems likely at this point), doesn't that mean that Amendment VIII becomes Amendment VII?

EDIT: And what then do we do with Amendment VII(a, or is that b? )
Old October 4, 2002, 09:21   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Yes. I shouldn't have numbered them. Will not in the future.

Edit: The MoE amendment will be discussed further, fixed, and polled again later

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 4, 2002 at 14:05.
Old October 4, 2002, 14:01   #11
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

well written and orgranized thought.

I vote yes
Old October 7, 2002, 09:58   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Getting lost in the campaigning and such.

Only a few days to go...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 7, 2002, 17:48   #13
adaMada
King

Bumping it up again, since it's on the second page already.

Needs to be kept in the public eye before it becomes law.

-- adaMada
Old October 11, 2002, 15:04   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OK, it is now official.

Apocalypse, would you mind adding it in? Though, it is # VII now...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 16, 2002, 09:24   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

*cough*

I don't see this in the CoL...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby