View Poll Results: Well do you?
Yes 28 84.85%
No 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 3, 2002, 22:41   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Unofficial Gazette Question
A simple question.Do you read the Jungle Gazette?
Old October 3, 2002, 22:51   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:53
Of course!

Can't live without it...

I try to contribute every once and a while too, but that's something I need to get better at... the Gazette's more than worth it.

-- adaMada
Old October 3, 2002, 23:26   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

to be blatantly honest.... no, no i dont

i do read maybe an article or two from every gazette (or i try)... i always have
and i might have read the first gazette, from top to bottom

but i never, ever regularly read the entire gazette.
Old October 4, 2002, 01:11   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

um... yes

Ninot, that has got to be one of the shortest attention spans I've heard of

"Wow, this is sorta interesting about how this economic - LOOK, A BIRD JUST FLEW BY! - now, what was I doing again? .... hmmm, oh well, I'll remember at some point."
Old October 4, 2002, 01:15   #5
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

who said it had anything to do with attention spans?

the gazette is some good reading, but usually, the content doesnt interest me greatly.

and bird's don't distract me...
but those ferrets on the other hand
Old October 4, 2002, 06:50   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:53
One who does not read The Jungle Gazette has no advantage over one who cannot.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 4, 2002, 07:15   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It's like the advertisement campaign for the Washington Post around here a few years ago: "If you don't get it, you don't get it".

Which reminds me... for you Americans (you'll get this), here's a joke about the various U.S. papers:

The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

The New York Times is read by the people who think they run the country.

The Washington Post is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.

USA Today is ready by the people who think they ought to run the country, but can't understand the Washington Post.

The Washington Times is read by the people who think the country is run by liars who don't know how to run a country.

The Los Angeles Times is read by the people who wouldn't mind running the country if they could spare the time.

The Boston Globe is read by the people whose grandparents ran the country.

The New York Daily News is read by the people who aren't too sure who's running the country.

The New York Post is read by the people who don't care who's running the country, as long as they do something scandalous.

The San Francisco Chronicle is read by the people who aren't sure there is a country or that anyone should be running it.

The Miami Herald is read by the people who are running another country, but like to check on baseball scores.

The [Boulder, CO] Daily Camera is read by the people who think they live in another country.

The National Enquirer is read by the people who think aliens are running the country.

Old October 4, 2002, 08:50   #8
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
NO, I don't read every gazette. Just the few I don't write.

Ninot, perfectly understandable. I skim the Stats in a similar way. Just don't have time to go through it all word for word.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 4, 2002, 09:08   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
Yes, of course!
Btw, Arnelos, great joke... we have something like this in Brazil, too!
The newspaper where I work, for instance, is read by the people who "drive" the country (cab drivers - seriously!!).
Old October 4, 2002, 09:35   #10
Arnelos
Emperor

Aro,

Yeah, your profile said you were a "political cartoonist".

As for me, I read the Washington Post.... It's a bit left of my taste (it's generally considered center-left), but I read it mostly because it's a hometown paper and it has the best international section for any U.S. paper... The New York Times has a reputation for a "good" international section, but in my opinion it's bascially "Israel, Israel, and more Israel". As for the Washington Times, it's so thoroughly and completely biased to the right that I find it hard to stand even for being center-right myself...
Old October 4, 2002, 09:38   #11
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Hey, Tass

Why Unofficial? Your still a member of the staff.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 4, 2002, 13:21   #12
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Hey, Tass

Why Unofficial? Your still a member of the staff.
I had no authorization from you

Oh btw...I'm considering returning to maybe submit articles and eventually maybe even begin writing editions again.
Old October 4, 2002, 13:27   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Whenever you are ready!

You may have noticed I am changing up the E-mail format a bit, though...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 4, 2002, 14:29   #14
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

yes. mesa can readify the gazette
Old October 4, 2002, 22:22   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I, as the other 94% of our population am illiterate and so no, I do not "read" the Gazette, but I do make excellent oragami figures from it.
Old October 4, 2002, 22:38   #16
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I think the Gazette is essential reading and in addition it has been key in convincing captured barbarians that the apolyton way is not only the right way it is the ONLY WAY.
Aggie
Old October 5, 2002, 00:10   #17
Sean
Prince

The Gazette is my first stop when I enter the Democracy forum to bring be up to speed, in a quick an efficient manner.

Sean.
Old October 5, 2002, 00:16   #18
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

As Editor in Chief of the best high school newspaper in Texas, I probably should contribute an article to the Gazette sometime....

Wait, I can very shortly...I'll send a pm later.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 5, 2002, 00:18   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

/me looks at watch...

You have about...10 hours till the next edition

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby