Old October 4, 2002, 11:35   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Orders thread for 440 ad
Ministers put your orders here for the next chat.

Feel free to paste from the other thread.

The chat will be on sunday time to be decided.

The time has come to start considering your political futures.
Old October 4, 2002, 12:28   #2
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:55
Foreign Ministery Turn Orders
Specific Orders:

THIS TURN 440
Sell wines to France for max profit.

NEXT TURN 450
NEXT TURN 460
Renegotiate Peace with Greece for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with Aztecs for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with Iriquois for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with France for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with England for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with Russia for max profit.
Renegotiate Peace with Babylon for max profit.

NEXT TURN 470
Renegotiate Peace with Germany for max profit.

NEXT TURN 480

General Orders:

War on America
A declaration of war is to be issued only after Aggie, the acting SMC, or (if no one else is present) the President decides to issue it. Do not declare war until these two things are done:
First, sell a "useless tech" (Non-combat unit tech like Theology) to America for all their gold and WM.
Then sign an Alliance with the Aztecs against America for best deal possible.

Best deal = discounted tech sale, GPT deal, max gold, in that order. Always include WM.

Lux Trading:
As soon as we have the other incense linked up, sell it to Rome (or another nation if they offer more). Currently Rome will pay us 6gpt and 16g, but that price is subject to change.

As soon as we have spices linked up, check to see who will buy it for the most. Sell both of the excess spices if the seller will offer a tech deal or GPT deal. If not, wait a few turns and try again later.

Tech Trades:
Tech aquisition priority = Education, Invention, Astronomy, Gunpowder, Banking, Printing Press.

Other Trades
Do not trade our World or Territory Maps.

Treaties:
Peace with Persia: Once we have captured (or have the option to have a city given to us) the following cities: Arbela, Antioch, sue for peace. Peace must include Education and Invention. Include as many other bonuses as they will give us.

Do not sign any ROPs or alliances.

Demands: (Give in only if demand is semi-reasonable)
E. Give in: Rome.
F. Refuse: Greece, England, Persia, Germany, France, Aztecs, America, Russia, Babylon, Iroquois.
* NOTE: Do not give in to any demands that involve giving away our World or Territory Maps

All things left unstated in turnthreads/chats are for Presidential or Public decision. All things specified must be followed unless surprise events have made the orders illogical, harmful, or inappropriate. In that situation the President should end turnthread/chat if any major decision needs to be taken and no representative from the Ministry is present to make the decision. If only a minor decision, the President may use his discretion to change the orders so that they are logical, beneficial, and appropriate.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Togas; October 5, 2002 at 14:50.
Old October 4, 2002, 12:40   #3
Bolverk
Settler

Local Time: 03:55
Just curious...

when you say "sell..." does that mean you will sell even if they only offer (say) World Map + 20 gold? Do you ever hang on to a commodity instead?

How often do you renegotiate peace deals? How much do you usually get? You have to do that manually, right? Normally peace deals are automatically renewed, aren't they?
Old October 4, 2002, 13:22   #4
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:55
Some quick answers to questions:

Sell = Sell. We tried shopping around the wines in the last chat (and during this past week) but there isn't a market for our wines. Seems many of the other civs have it. France is the only civ willing to pay. They won't pay much, but it's better than nothing.

Peace does not need to be renegotiated, but we recently discovered that it can be every 20 turns, and during the negotiations we can coax our neighbors into giving us cash just for being at peace with them. The "renegotiate peace" orders aren't mandatory -- we will remain in peace if we don't do it. They just help out by giving us some extra cash.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 4, 2002, 13:39   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

A cautionary note for Bolverk in his own games:
Don't do this unless you have military superiority.

Otherwise you may find yourself having to give money for peace.

The wine market will be lousy until trade is possible with the lost civs and we can introduce this to them.
Old October 4, 2002, 23:43   #6
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I am assuming that we are going 5 turns. Here are the orders.
I did put an American attack options, but for the record I urge us to wait until 520, for 3 reasons
1) We will have a peace period to lower ww and thus can switch to republic(i want to be in republic for GA)
2) Sufficient forces will arrive to guarentee an easy victory
3) We could win the war in 1 turn, thus avoiding an unfortunate extra war.

General Notes
1) This plan calls for war with America, I would suggest unless it seems America’s fall is imminent we wait the extra turns for the Knights to arrive. The difference is between 480 and 520, This wait will add 2 or 3 knights to our forces. I would prefer if possible attack with the 2knights at Chicago and 3wc+knights at Boston and then go after New York. My recommendation is an attack in 520, but I leave it to the discretion of people playing the game so I have orders for an attack, just remember it can be delayed. If no attack is launched simply hold forces in attack position until 520.

2) After War with Persians please make sure pikes are in Antioch,Arbella,Contaginon and Tarsus
Also I suggest 1 sword in each of arbella and antioch. Two swords that end up in muncie should be sufficient.

1. Knight 1ne of Port of Malignance move ne,ne,ne,n,e, fortify
2. Sword in Bacteria n,ne,n(to muncie)
The forces 1n of Contaginon become Antioch assault force(AAF) this force should be 1sw,1pike,2catapult
3. Knight 3s of Contaginon goto Contaginon then joins other 3knights to form Eastern Knight Force(EKF)
4. Now the EKF(4 knights in Contaginon) moves ne,e,ne(the force ends turn here so ALL forces stay together)
5. Knight in susa moves nw,nw,nw,nw,n,nw
6. Knights in Tarsus Fortify
7. Sword w of tarsus go to Muncie
8. Sword (1/4)on mountain move w
9. Knight 2w of Contaginon go to Contaginon and fortify
10. WC in BHQ move nw,n,nw,n,nw,nw
11. WC on uber move into Boomtown to help police the city(will goto pop 2 next turn and needs unit)

1. AAF moves n,w,w(to hill overlooking Antioch)
2. Knight 2w of Contaginon move n,n and join AAF
3. Knight in Contaginon move n,n,w,w and joins AAF
4. The EKF moves e,e to hill s of Arbela
5. Knight 3S of Contaginon moves n,n,n and fortify
6. Knights in Tarsus on Goto to ne,n of Delmonte(6turns)
7. Pike Near tarsus n,ne Fortify
8. Sword(3/5) in Muncie skips turn to recover
9. Pike(5/5) s of contaginon moves n,ne,e
10. Sword(1/4) 2se of contaginon moves to contaginon and Fortifies
12. Sword (3/3) fortifies in Muncie
13. WC(3/3) near Gaia moves nw,nw,n,nw,w,w
14. WC(4/4) in gaia moves w,nw,nw,n,nw,w
15. WC(4/4) in termina move n,n,n,n,nw,n

1. EKF attacks Arbela
IF Arbela falls we check peace terms to see if they will give all tech+antioch if not assault Antioch
2. AAF attacks Antioch using catapults first, then knights and then sword if all else fails
After attacks move forces between armies to finish job if battle continues, if war over then send to Delmonte
3. Knight in Contaginon moves based on these two options
a) Battle won in that case he goes to ne,n of Del Monte
b) Battle undecided he goes to the force that needs help most
4. If Antioch Falls move Pikeman(5/5) from Willsbury to Contaginon
5. WC(3/3) se of Chiquita moves nw,nw, Now act based on these options
a) if Chicago still American upgrade this to knight
b) If Chicago falls then return this unit to delmonte and build WCF in Delmonte
6. WC(4/4) w of Delmonte w,nw,nw,n this unit acts on the same options as previous WC
IF option a above is true then these 2units(then knights) movement will be denoted with A in future orders
IF option b above is true then these 2units(then knights) will move to Delmonte and await WC’s from south
7. WC(4/4) s of Gaia go to Delmonte
8. WC(4/4) in Timeline ne,e,ne,n,nw,nw

1A. Knights in Delmonte move n,nw
WC in BHQ nw,n,nw,n,nw,nw
1B. All WC near Delmonte go nw,n of delmonte(this is 2 of Boston) (should be 4 WC, this is now called WCF)

1A. Knights NW of delmonte move nw,n
1B. WCF attacks Boston(this is a serious gamble 4wc Vs 2or3 spear)
2. WC near gaia move nw,nw,n,ne,n

1A. Knights near Chicago move n

1A. Knights near Chicago attack Chicago

1. Knights arriving Near Del Monte goto American war.

Aggie
Old October 5, 2002, 04:03   #7
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I am assuming that we are going 5 turns. Here are the orders.
I did put an American attack options, but for the record I urge us to wait until 520, for 3 reasons
1) We will have a peace period to lower ww and thus can switch to republic(i want to be in republic for GA)
2) Sufficient forces will arrive to guarentee an easy victory
3) We could win the war in 1 turn, thus avoiding an unfortunate extra war.

General Notes
1) This plan calls for war with America, I would suggest unless it seems America’s fall is imminent we wait the extra turns for the Knights to arrive. The difference is between 480 and 520, This wait will add 2 or 3 knights to our forces. I would prefer if possible attack with the 2knights at Chicago and 3wc+knights at Boston and then go after New York. My recommendation is an attack in 520, but I leave it to the discretion of people playing the game so I have orders for an attack, just remember it can be delayed. If no attack is launched simply hold forces in attack position until 520.
[snip]
Aggie
This would allow us to wait for the Buying of Education from Greece & the Peace Renegotiation with them to take place at the same time. The timing should place it just before we plan to get the final Peace terms with Persia. I love it when a Plan comes togeather.

E_T
Old October 5, 2002, 08:42   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:55
IMPERIAL EXPANSION
The galley on Uber goes straight south till it hits land and gives the settler the boot.

The settler runs straight south till it runs into water, and builds a new city out of frustration.

Hole in Wall packs up and moves out cause the Frenchies smell real bad cuz they don't ever bathe. Moves one tile south where the fragrant aroma from the tasty Italian cooking drowns out the BO smell from France and builds a new city.

Did you get all that?

OR
TURN 1
1)Uber Galley S then S, unload Settler S, then N
2)Hole In Wall builds Settler

TURN 2
1)Uber Settler moves S (this is the city site)
2)Hole In Wall (now settler) moves S (this is the city site)

TURN 3
1) Build City
2)Build City

Any other Settlers should move north towards the future American Front.
Old October 6, 2002, 10:14   #9
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

This should be on the first page.

Still waiting for some general orders from the PW and some CP orders although we can probably make them up from the other orders.
Old October 6, 2002, 12:19   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I don't know what happened? I posted them yesterday about this time...... where did they go? Guess I will retype them now. there were not many changes as only one turn occured from the previous set of orders.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 6, 2002, 14:33   #11
OPD
King

Turn 1

A1 – macros, ghengistown - grow

Turn 2

A1 –Tass – after WC, aquaduct
2 – termina – greow.
3 gaia – after WC, market.
4 – contaghnation – grow

Turn 3

A1 – Tass – grow
2 – termina – after pike, aquaduct
PR – after library, pike
HII after pike, library
Love – grow, after pike, harbor
Geo – after pike, worker
AGC - grow

Turn 4

A1 –BHQ – after WC, library. grow.
2- timeline, PR, PoM, Wills,Muncie – grow
3 uber – after pike, pike

Turn 5

A1 – Apolyton – after aqua, pike
Couple of grows……

Here are the CP orders that will be used. It'd be useful if someone could look through them and see if they sound ok.
Old October 6, 2002, 14:44   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

City Planning Orders

General:

Grow means that the population is expected to grow, and the prez should double check to make sure the AI is working the most efficient tiles possible. In order of preference of this office, Shields, Food, then Money.

Purchase Requests: With any monies not currently being used by foreign (first priority) and Military (second), please purchase any courthouses or temples under construction. CP should IMO take third priority at this time.

Hole in wall should move south 1 square, rebuild, and start on a temple.

New city on Uber Isle should start on temple once built.

Tombstone is to relocate – unknown where.

Turn 0 (440 AD Middle of turn)
  • – Apolyton –Work forest instead of fish.
    – Chiquita – work irrigated road, not empty tile
    – Napoleton – switch to worker
    – City on a Hill – switch to temple
    – Port of Malignance – switch to temple
    – Boomtown – switch to temple
    – Site E – switch to temple
Turn 1
  • Tassagrad – after WC, aqueduct
    Termina-grow
    Timeleing-After WC, courthouse
    Gaia-after WC, Market
    Contaginon-grow