Old October 4, 2002, 22:49   #61
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

are we so sure MarkG will be happy about his mod potentially being changed monthly?
Dunno -- I asked in the other thread, and he hasn't answered since the day he started the thread :-\...

-- adaMada
Old October 4, 2002, 22:55   #62
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Perhaps a suitable emissary should be selected to PM the g0dz with our most humble request for counsel?
Old October 4, 2002, 22:56   #63
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:55
Yeah, ada, go ahead and point them to the questions when you DO THE NEWZUPDATE!!!!

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 4, 2002, 22:56   #64
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Anyone could do it, really.

If I was mod before the elections, I'd be able to both start the election threads then immediately top them.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 4, 2002, 23:03   #65
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Anyone could do it, really.

If I was mod before the elections, I'd be able to both start the election threads then immediately top them.
Why not get started, then?
Old October 4, 2002, 23:06   #66
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Don't worry UnOrthO, I haven't forgotten about the NewzUpdate -- I'm gonna do it and send it in tomorrow or Sunday, so I can get the newest Gazette in (assuming you plan to do a weekend issue of the Gazette -- if not, just let me know). Assuming that Markos isn't threatening bannishment and asking for it now, that is .

Do I send it to MarkG, DanQ, or you?

I may PM MarkG about it if no one else says they have... Just to tell him that we'd like his guidance . Anyone have any objections to me being the poor fool?

-- adaMada
Old October 4, 2002, 23:08   #67
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

By "Anyone could do it, really" I was refering to pming Markos. I wouldn't suggest anyone who was suggested for being a mod do it because if you ask to be a mod, you won't be one.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 4, 2002, 23:11   #68
adaMada
King

Apoc,
I'm gonna PM him and ask for his guidence on the selection process. If that disqualifies me from ever being a mod, so be it -- the game will benefit once we have a mod, and that's the most important consideration in this matter. To be honest, I'm still all for unilaturally appointing you so we have someone for now and perhaps doing elections in the future -- I don't think anyone can accuse me of self interest in this matter .

-- adaMada
Old October 4, 2002, 23:13   #69
Apocalypse
Emperor

ada, it wouldn't disqualify you since you want someone else to be mod first.
Old October 4, 2002, 23:21   #70
adaMada
King

Apoc,
Sorry, I posted my last post wayy to quick. I didn't mean to imply that you were saying that that anyone was acting in self interest -- you were clearly clarifying your earlier post.

I will not include my stance in any PM I send, but here it is (for the record)
* Apoc should be appointed for now.
* I would like to do it at some point, but am in no hurry whatsoever.
* I think Ministers/Executives should be allowed to also be Mods.
* I honestly don't care if there's an election, if Markos consults with the regulars he knows and trusts, past presidents, the court, or anyone else that follows the game and picks based on that. Election sin term limits seems like the most democratic choice, but it is Mark/Dan's site, and I won't lie and say that I'd want to leave the decision to whoever decides to come and vote.

Basically, I'm just going to PM Mark and make sure he remembers about it. I won't push him and won't try to reccomend myself or anyone else for the job unless he asks my opinion -- I'm not trying to sell him on anything, just making sure he hasn't forgotten, since I don't think he follows these forums.

-- adaMada
Old October 4, 2002, 23:25   #71
Apocalypse
Emperor

Well, anyway...

Thud would make an decent VP. He should run. He is experienced enough now. Duddha would be a fine Science Minister as long as he continues Area 25 threads.
Old October 4, 2002, 23:36   #72
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Apoc would be a very good choice for mod, and I don't think changing the person in the position suits the style of the owners of the site.

I think they want someone who can be here, day in and day out so that they do not have to be as involved with this forum. Changing mods is hassle for them. They do not want hassle.

Apoc is a good choice because he has done it before. He knows what the commitment entails, so he would be unlikely to disappoint.

And I do not think being the mod should preclude holding any other position. The two are not related. Being a mod is being a member of the staff of the site. Is there a rule precluding a member of the staff from participating? Would we tell Ming he could not run for office?
Old October 4, 2002, 23:50   #73
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Would we tell Ming he could not run for office?
I wouldn't advise "telling" Ming anything, unless you're ratting on someone who's gone over the line.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:10   #74
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

[roleplay]

Indeed, the only problem with Aggie is that we have to watch him closely to make sure he doesn't try to become Apolytonia's version of Catiline or Caesar or Napoleon. I pray that Aggie is more the Cinncinatus than the Caesar...

Though he is well-loved, this is precisely why he will be watched closely...

[/roleplay]

Go Aggie for SMC!

these new Apolytonians don't know their folklore! WHERE ARE THE HISTORIANS?
Old October 5, 2002, 01:12   #75
Apocalypse
Emperor

We did away with that position because it was boring and people like the Gazette better.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:13   #76
Arnelos
Emperor

I'm honestly rather surprised that no-one has nominated themselves yet to run for president... looks like the office is wide open for OPD to get himself re-elected by default unless one of the other "big guys" decides to move up (or would that be down? )...
Old October 5, 2002, 01:13   #77
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
We did away with that position because it was boring and people like the Gazette better.
/me grumbles something about a revolution and walks away
Old October 5, 2002, 01:15   #78
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
* UberKruX grumbles something about a revolution and walks away
The new constitution will be done by next election...probably.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:16   #79
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I'm honestly rather surprised that no-one has nominated themselves yet to run for president... looks like the office is wide open for OPD to get himself re-elected by default unless one of the other "big guys" decides to move up (or would that be down? )...
i can't be president, nor do i really want to be.

play the world comes out in 23 days. TWENTY THREE. my demogame time might drop a bit for a while there (i assume a bunch of people will), but i should be able to visit frequently.

plus, i run 1.21, and i dont think we officially upgraded (IIRC), and i don't want 2 copies of civ3 installed

plus, it's all the b*tch work just following the orders.

SMC was so much fun
Old October 5, 2002, 01:17   #80
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:

The new constitution will be done by next election...probably.
i VIVA LA REVOLUCION !

any links to this? i'm just starting to get into the swing.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:21   #81
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
i VIVA LA REVOLUCION !

any links to this? i'm just starting to get into the swing.
Of course there are links.

Here you go.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:30   #82
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Which one am I?
Old October 5, 2002, 01:43   #83
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Which one am I?
your the candaian one.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:48   #84
notyoueither
Deity

Thanks.
Old October 5, 2002, 03:05   #85
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:55
The New Constitution
I'm the bassist. That's me in the middle. See! He has the best hair.

Woo Hoo! We're the Fab Four of Constitutional Drafting!

--Togas, basist extraordinare
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 5, 2002, 07:09   #86
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 04:55
Joncunn. It would be difficult to screw up in my position. But I managed to do it, just once. That must be indicative of just how much my term has accomplished for Science.

I'm running for reelection against... Duddha? Hmm...
Old October 5, 2002, 07:42   #87
Arnelos
Emperor

Cool, the de facto AND de jure "leader" of the DIA (Thud) -vs- the de facto leader of the Hawks (Duddha).

(I think jdd2007 is still the de jure leader of the Hawks, but I think everyone recognizes that Duddha has been the primary - and even at times eloquent - proponent of the Hawk perspective ).

This should be an interesting race, no?
Old October 5, 2002, 07:45   #88
Arnelos
Emperor

UnOrthOdOx,

For the moment, tack me up as being in the race for Imperial Expansion... this is definately subject to change, as I'm still considering a run for Public Works and I'd even jump at another position if it seems no-one is going to run for it (though that seems highly doubtful at this point).

So, in short, chalk me up to Imperial Expansion. If I change my mind, I'll let you know .
Old October 5, 2002, 09:25   #89
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:55
Don't pm Markg as I Pmed him concerning this when this thread started.

Please guys rest assured that I can take care of things like this.

Put UK down for president.
Old October 5, 2002, 09:37   #90
adaMada
King

Ok, won't do it OPD.

Just making sure it hadn't slipped by.

Sorry if I accidentally stepped on your toes .

-- adaMada