Old October 5, 2002, 10:32   #91
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Cool, the de facto AND de jure "leader" of the DIA (Thud) -vs- the de facto leader of the Hawks (Duddha).

(I think jdd2007 is still the de jure leader of the Hawks, but I think everyone recognizes that Duddha has been the primary - and even at times eloquent - proponent of the Hawk perspective ).

This should be an interesting race, no?
....Duddha is the Hawk leader? Ok....sure....

Well, I was asked to be some time back......perhaps I should?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 5, 2002, 11:06   #92
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 04:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Cool, the de facto AND de jure "leader" of the DIA (Thud) -vs- the de facto leader of the Hawks (Duddha).

(I think jdd2007 is still the de jure leader of the Hawks, but I think everyone recognizes that Duddha has been the primary - and even at times eloquent - proponent of the Hawk perspective ).

This should be an interesting race, no?
ow.

Duddha is the Vice-Chairman of the Hawks and one its strongest advocates, but if anyone was the 'de facto' leader of our lovely party, UberKruX is your man, with all due respect to Duddha.
Old October 5, 2002, 11:07   #93
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

....Duddha is the Hawk leader? Ok....sure....

Well, I was asked to be some time back......perhaps I should?
i would step down as chairman if you wanted the position...
Old October 5, 2002, 11:13   #94
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
My comment was mearly commending Duddha's ability to hold himself well in an argument and his propensity to be the first Hawk who interjects himself into an argument. I respect that.
Old October 5, 2002, 11:31   #95
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007

ow.

Duddha is the Vice-Chairman of the Hawks and one its strongest advocates, but if anyone was the 'de facto' leader of our lovely party, UberKruX is your man, with all due respect to Duddha.
/me goes to look up "de facto"...

Exercising power or serving a function without being legally or officially established

oh, alright

i'm honestly beginning to think these new players in the demogame don't know a lot about me and to think i was one of the "most influentual ancient apolytonians", or something.

oh well. i'm going to have to come back soon and stir things up again
Old October 5, 2002, 11:33   #96
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:55
Quote:
i'm honestly beginning to think these new players in the demogame don't know a lot about me and to think i was one of the "most influentual ancient apolytonians", or something.
You can thank the Hawk propoganda machine for that.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:28   #97
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha

You can thank the Hawk propoganda machine for that.

YOU FOOL! QUICKLY! HIDE THE DEVICE!
Old October 5, 2002, 12:33   #98
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I must say, it IS nice to see UberKrux back into the swing of things.

Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough? OK. Time to go start making trouble on the boards...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 5, 2002, 12:34   #99
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough?
Unortho's brothel opens sunday.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:58   #100
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:

Arnelos, ar you saying I don't get around enough? OK. Time to go start making trouble on the boards...
Not at all what I'm saying. You will note that I specifically paid homage to your particular brand of incidiary rhetoric in one of my more recent posts in the now imfamous (and latest) "republic" thread - I even cited you as the source for my style. It's the post where I'm responding to the leader of your party whining about being "labeled" .

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 13:22.
Old October 5, 2002, 13:20   #101
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:

The Uber's Avatar is hypnotizing me... Yes, Master... Uber for Prez... and for VP... and SMC... and...

Seriously, I would like to see Uber in the next term.

UnOrthO, see your inbox!
Old October 5, 2002, 13:23   #102
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Seriously, I would like to see Uber in the next term.
Ditto .

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 13:38   #103
GePap
Emperor

There is Danger afoot!

Gentlemen:

It becomes clear that a cabal, lead by outlaws, men sent into exile for their scandalous words against the government, seek to destroy our system an install a military dictatorship! Members of the government may be involved, though we know not which ones. Even though they advocate a militaristic path, the may even be at work with the republican scum! Can we allow such an attack on our system! Perhaps these coming 'elections' for the estates should be cancelled, to avoid possible violence or disturbances.

I have only run once, and I don't think I will be running for this election either, unless some sort of geographical naming group or sub-group is created... Then I want that job! . I also offer my services to whomever wins FM.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old October 5, 2002, 13:49   #104
Arnelos
Emperor

Re: There is Danger afoot!
Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

Gentlemen:

It becomes clear that a cabal, lead by outlaws, men sent into exile for their scandalous words against the government, seek to destroy our system an install a military dictatorship! Members of the government may be involved, though we know not which ones. Even though they advocate a militaristic path, the may even be at work with the republican scum! Can we allow such an attack on our system! Perhaps these coming 'elections' for the estates should be cancelled, to avoid possible violence or disturbances.
[roleplay]

And you call yourself a "builder"... pfft!

[/roleplay]

Old October 5, 2002, 13:55   #105
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Is no one running for UN Rep? I'll do it if no one else will, but it was a wanted position before, and it sounds like you can do that as well as something else -- I'm shocked that no one's shown any interest.

I guess I'll go take a look at their forums and decide if it's something I want to do.

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 13:58   #106
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Is no one running for UN Rep? I'll do it if no one else will, but it was a wanted position before, and it sounds like you can do that as well as something else -- I'm shocked that no one's shown any interest.

I guess I'll go take a look at their forums and decide if it's something I want to do.

-- adaMada
I thought Unortho was interested in that...
Old October 5, 2002, 14:02   #107
adaMada
King

I asked him if he was running for UN Rep, and he said:

Quote:
No, I am not running for anything. I think I will focus on the Gazette expansion project over the next term
Of course, that's his way of saying he's gonna run for Pres next term after we pressure him into it , but it does sound like he doesn't want the UN Rep. job.

I thought there were some other interested people though... I may run for the position even if someone else runs (It'll be fun to have a real election for once ), but I'm supprised that no one else who expressed interest went for it.

-- adaMada

EDIT: UnOrthO, is that true? I refuse to run against you in that position (and don't feel especially strong about it), so if I'm wrong, tell me.

Last edited by adaMada; October 5, 2002 at 14:21.
Old October 5, 2002, 15:08   #108
GePap
Emperor

Arnelos

Purple is my monarchist side

Blue is my republican color

Is my relegious color

and

Red is my IMPORTANT color

Is the UN really taking shape? have all the other dem games signed up to it?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old October 5, 2002, 15:29   #109
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The UN is for real. The Demogypticans have a rep, and CFC is electing one right now. No word from the EZBoard, though I am not going to go ask them of it either.

NO, I am not running this term for anything. The Gazette Expansion Project is likely to happen, I do not want to get distracted by other things. Besides, I don't feel I havehad any less of an impact this term just sitting behind the lines, and I will continue to provide assisttance anywhere needed. December I will consider, but it depends on a few things.

ada, you would do fine, though I thought Thud had strong feelings about it, and he would do fine as well, or maybe he just didn't want to see a Hawk go.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 5, 2002, 16:29   #110
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

any progress on a multi-site democracy game?
Old October 5, 2002, 17:03   #111
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Since Arnelos is down for IE, I might run for an executive spot again.

Here is the deal: If I run for Pres, there will be almost no turnchats, mainly just threads. My schedule is too wacky for many turchats.

If I run for VP again, I'll continue what I do now.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 5, 2002, 17:23   #112
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:55
lol
this threads going to be topped soon.
Old October 5, 2002, 17:28   #113
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Actually...I kinda want to be UN Rep now that I think about it. I wonder if any people at these other sites would remember me.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 5, 2002, 17:29   #114
adaMada
King

/me realizes that OPD's gearing up to have a jolly good time over the next week and a half topping and detopping threads

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 17:45   #115
adaMada
King

Apoc for UN Rep! Apoc for UN Rep!

I might run against you and then we can have a real fun election, but if you really want it then I'll probably just step aside -- there's always lots of other stuff to do.

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 17:55   #116
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
any progress on a multi-site democracy game?
It would be separate from this Democracy game, but so far there are at least four sites planning on participating.
Old October 6, 2002, 00:04   #117
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Apoc for UN Rep! Apoc for UN Rep!

I might run against you and then we can have a real fun election, but if you really want it then I'll probably just step aside -- there's always lots of other stuff to do.
Actually, if no one else wants to run for the executive offices, we might have to bite the bullet and each of us run to fill those two slots.
Old October 6, 2002, 06:28   #118
Arnelos
Emperor

I suppose I could run for an executive post if you guys think you're willing to trust me at it

Seriously, I have the time to do VP through November at least if it seems that almost no-one is running for it. The IE position isn't going to be terribly important next term and the Prez and VP just run turnchats, so I'd think I could easily do any of them.

So I'm open to running for executive stuff (since it seems I have more time than most poeple to play the game) if others don't want those positions.
Old October 6, 2002, 12:12   #119
nalob
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:55
We have three official representatives now in the UN council:
-Disorganizer from Fanatika
-Darekill from Demogyptica
-Scorpius from The Community

We are still waiting for diplomats from Apolytonia and the EZ board Democracy game. Discussions on a multisite DG have not started yet because we are waiting for more representatives.

Bolan
Old October 6, 2002, 12:33   #120
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Just to make it official, I am NOT running again. Just don't think I have the time to be able to commite to do the job justice, as evidenced by the last couple of weeks.

Perhaps in a couple of months I can run again for something.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con