Old October 6, 2002, 23:05   #151
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What about eating them?
Old October 6, 2002, 23:46   #152
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
lol, i could run for president, but we would probably have absolutely 0 turnchats, nothing but turnthreads, so as to allow myself to play the turns anytime of the day (my schedule isn't normal enough to actually "schedule" anything)

how does that sound?

oh, and other than playing turns, and a general policy of reconstitutionalizing and building for a better C3DG, and a focus towards culturilizing and peace for in game... i won't do much.

again, how does that sound?
Old October 7, 2002, 01:49   #153
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

So wait, how long until the elections are held?

[roleplay]

Meshelic For Minister of Imperial Expansion!
In his first bid for public office, Meshelic, Captain of the Guard for the Shadow Service runs unopposed, his only opponent so far, Arnelos, being called upon for the Presidency. We met with him on en-route to Macross City and asked a few questions:
Are you confident that you will be elected for this office?
Very confident, thank you.
How do you feel about Arnelos's recent nomination for President?
[B]I think it's actually humurous in a way. Not that he couldn't achieve that position, but that should he in any case, the Shadow Service (who he has mocked in the past) would be pledged to protect him as his personal bodyguard. Funny how things work out[./B]
And what are your goals for office of Imperial Expansion?
Basically, to ensure our way of life through spreading of culture, as well as making sure new peoples all over the world can witness the glory of our empire, and pay homage to our GoDz.
Thank you for your time
What time is it? And who are you anyways???
Old October 7, 2002, 01:54   #154
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I don't see many DIA members stepping up to the plate this time around...what has become of this 'great' party that so opposes the vigilant Hawks?
Old October 7, 2002, 01:54   #155
Meshelic
King

Not that all you DIA guys can't vote for me anyways...
Old October 7, 2002, 02:16   #156
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

After the second term election the DIA never really regained its strength. Not that the UFC didn't die also, but the people who took power afterwards were former members of the UFC, or sympathizers.
Old October 7, 2002, 06:07   #157
Meshelic
King

I want to encourage anyone who wishes to run for the government to do so, many elections have seemed to be very one sided, with only one person actually volunteering. In the spirit of elections and debates and such, it would be nice to see some people run against the incumbents. Just because they've been in office for as long as some have doesn't mean no one stands a chance...
Old October 7, 2002, 06:32   #158
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 09:55
No President and VP, but a Military advisor? Seems this empire is going to be a military junta soon.
Old October 7, 2002, 10:14   #159
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Well I WILL run for President if my conditions are acceptable
Old October 7, 2002, 10:29   #160
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:55
I'd like to see Ninot president again. The time you were president was the best time of my life... *sniff* *sniff*
[/suckup mode off]
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 7, 2002, 12:33   #161
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:55
No Executives yet?

I wasn't on most of the weekend, and have mostly just skimmed over these posts, can someone confirm I have not missed anything for the first post?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 7, 2002, 13:02   #162
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I have returned!
Well I'm back from my trip. Thanks Arnelos for watching over PW for me! I highly appreciate it.

At this moment in time, I have not decided if/what I will be running for, due to some time constraints coming up. I will be thinking about it over the next few days, but I will post here once I have decided! I have until the 11th I believe?

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 7, 2002, 13:43   #163
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Could someone answer my question?

Is Zeit a hawk member? If not, can I run against him for City Planner? Thanks.

If not, I suppose I had best beg Togas for a position in his diplomacy cabinet...
Old October 7, 2002, 13:46   #164
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
If not, I suppose I had best beg Togas for a position in his diplomacy cabinet...
I'd love to give you a job ... I'm just at a loss to think of any new needs we have. Let's see how things shake up this election period. Maybe I oughta boot Nimitz out as punishment for running against me.

You know, we DO need a President and VP, right? Why not go for the biggest job of them all?

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 7, 2002, 13:48   #165
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I don't know if Zeit is a hawk or not. Unortho, Ninot said he would run if we could go with no turnchats and I said I might possible consider running for pres if nobody else wanted it AND I could hold the SMC also. I thought this statement would cause a splash and apparently I only got a ripple.
Aggie
Old October 7, 2002, 14:04   #166
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

OK, thanks Togas and Aggie.

Togas-- As for President or Vice President, I think Ninot said he would like that post, and I know that at the moment I might prefer something a bit smaller.

BTW, I received your PM, and would have responded if your box wasn't full. In short, I thank you for the offer, and if you will allow it, I would like to accept the post. It's rather out of the way, and I think it might do well for the basic training, as my first real post. I thank you again, and if the post is open, I'd like to accept it.
Old October 7, 2002, 14:28   #167
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

zeit, to the best of my knowledge, is not a Hawk. HG, does that mean you are not running for City Planner, and instead joining the FAM staff?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 7, 2002, 14:58   #168
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:55
Alot will happen in the next 5 days. I think these could be the most interesting set of elections since the second term.
Old October 7, 2002, 15:27   #169
History Guy
King

Well, in this case, I suppose that I shall run for City Planner, and if I lose the election I'll accept Togas' very kind offer of Deputy Intelligence Chief. In the meanwhile, I shall write those letters for Unorthodox.
Old October 7, 2002, 16:05   #170
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Since Ninot's running I don't have to worry about running for Pres.
Old October 7, 2002, 16:36   #171
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
I'll be running for CP
I'm announcing my candidacy for City Planner.

I plan to bring a lot of experiance with micromanaging Cities to help get the best Production, Trade & Growth that can be gotten from them. I hope to help ruffshod our cities to the point that we will come out of the Dark Ages and be the dominate power by the end of the Middle Ages. I plan to balance City needs with Needs of the SMC. I plan on working closely with the MoE & MoPW on expediting building and Infrastructure.

I hope to have Apolytonia's support with all of this and in electing me to the post.

I would like to also know if I can be in this position and still act as Deputy FM for Trade (not an elected position, so it shouldn't conflict with the CoL).

E_T
Old October 7, 2002, 16:43   #172
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Re: I'll be running for CP
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I'm announcing my candidacy for City Planner.

I plan to bring a lot of experiance with micromanaging Cities to help get the best Production, Trade & Growth that can be gotten from them. I hope to help ruffshod our cities to the point that we will come out of the Dark Ages and be the dominate power by the end of the Middle Ages. I plan to balance City needs with Needs of the SMC. I plan on working closely with the MoE & MoPW on expediting building and Infrastructure.

I hope to have Apolytonia's support with all of this and in electing me to the post.

I would like to also know if I can be in this position and still act as Deputy FM for Trade (not an elected position, so it shouldn't conflict with the CoL).

E_T
Awsome E_T! You've done great work within the Foreign Ministry department, and I'm happy to see you running for a position.

I'm not sure about the Minister/Deputy thing. I talked to some members of the court about it on a very informal basis, and it seemed to be a confusing issue. I personally have no problems with the idea (of Minister and also a Deputy, I'm not so sure about Minister and Minister), but I'm not sure anyone really knows if you can do that or not . The only way to find out may be to A) pass a new constitution that addresses it, or B) do it, and wait to see if someone sues. It's a very grey area for now.

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 17:02   #173
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Since Ninot's running I don't have to worry about running for Pres.
Awwww. No real election .

Has anyone committed to running for VP yet? I thought there were one or two potentials, but did anyone actually commit?

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 17:59   #174
History Guy
King

ET...are you a Hawk or a DIA? Zeit seems to be already running for DIA, and I'm running for Hawk.
Old October 7, 2002, 18:07   #175
Meshelic
King

AGGIE why don't you run for Prez?

Unless you are of course content with the most coveted position in the government...
Old October 7, 2002, 18:13   #176
adaMada
King

History Guy, does it really matter? We can have two Hawks/DIAs running against each other -- I don't think the party affiliations play a huge role in the majority of the voting anyway.

Just thought I'd point out that there's no reason two people of the same party can't run against each other...

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 18:21   #177
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada

Awwww. No real election .

Has anyone committed to running for VP yet? I thought there were one or two potentials, but did anyone actually commit?

-- adaMada
I think we're basically to the point where I and a few other people are all trying to second-guess what the other people feeling at the position are going to do before jumping at it

So there are a few of us heavily considering it, but I think all of us are waiting to see what the others are going to do first

I might be the first to jump, but a lot of my decision is being prefaced on what GhengisFarb does. Personally, I'd like to see GhengisFarb run for president, both because I think he'd do a decent job and because it would make my own options more open.

As for now, I'm still slated as running for IE unless I finally to jump at VP or something changes in the overall political landscape (as suggested above, for instance).

So there ya go
Old October 7, 2002, 18:23   #178
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

I think we're basically to the point where I and a few other people are all trying to second-guess what the other people feeling at the position are going to do before jumping at it

So there are a few of us heavily considering it, but I think all of us are waiting to see what the others are going to do first

I might be the first to jump, but a lot of my decision is being prefaced on what GhengisFarb does. Personally, I'd like to see GhengisFarb run for president, both because I think he'd do a decent job and because it would make my own options more open.

As for now, I'm still slated as running for IE unless I finally to jump at VP or something changes in the overall political landscape (as suggested above, for instance).

So there ya go
Yep. There I go .

Thanks for the answer. I'll keep it in mind.

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 18:24   #179
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The other unknown is what WhiteBandit is going to do now that he's back... I don't think I'm the only person waiting to see where he falls before deciding what to do for sure
Old October 7, 2002, 18:29   #180
adaMada
King

Oh yea, just realized he hadn't spoken up...

Aro! Man, you gotta run for something . Consider this some friendly peer pressure.

Aro for... err... something . Aro for something!

-- adaMada