Old October 7, 2002, 18:49   #181
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The executive branch looks quite empty! Other than Ninot, Arnelos, and Togas I don't see very many willing to come forward. For those of you second-guessers, why don't you just step forward and begin your campaign? You're losing time to give all our citizens a clear message of why you think you should be the figurehead of the Apolytons, other than the great BaNaNa of course...
Old October 7, 2002, 18:58   #182
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
I think Aro already said he was quite sure he wasn't running for anything?

If he did run, that would be positively awesome - he'd be great. I'd love to see him actually run, but I think he was rather committed to not doing so.
Old October 7, 2002, 19:05   #183
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I think Aro already said he was quite sure he wasn't running for anything?

If he did run, that would be positively awesome - he'd be great. I'd love to see him actually run, but I think he was rather committed to not doing so.
Really?

Skimmed this entire thread, only found his name once, and that was him telling other people to run , but it's possible he's posted his plans elsewhere and I haven't seen them/forgot.

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 19:08   #184
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: I'll be running for CP
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I'm announcing my candidacy for City Planner.

I plan to bring a lot of experiance with micromanaging Cities to help get the best Production, Trade & Growth that can be gotten from them. I hope to help ruffshod our cities to the point that we will come out of the Dark Ages and be the dominate power by the end of the Middle Ages. I plan to balance City needs with Needs of the SMC. I plan on working closely with the MoE & MoPW on expediting building and Infrastructure.

I hope to have Apolytonia's support with all of this and in electing me to the post.

I would like to also know if I can be in this position and still act as Deputy FM for Trade (not an elected position, so it shouldn't conflict with the CoL).

E_T
This is by far the coolest news of the day

I think E_T would make an absolutely awesome City Planner (which happens to be why I tried to peer pressure him into running via PMs ). Specifically, what I noticed that I thought was the telling characteristic of a great future City Planner was his creation of the wonderful charts of foreign civ trading information and his posting of his spreadsheet(s) with that stuff.... this is precisely the type of organization and analytical work we'd expect from a competent City Planner.

So yes, this is excellent news .
Old October 7, 2002, 19:14   #185
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Ninot would be fine as president.

Screw turnchats. They are only making ministers lax in orders.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 7, 2002, 19:52   #186
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 09:55
I can't possibly run for a position where I need to download a .sav file beause civ3 is not installed where I am.
Some new offices I can run for then?
Old October 7, 2002, 19:54   #187
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

You don't need to have the save to be Minister of Science - Just someone willing to tell you what techs we have and how many turns until whatever is being researched is done being researched.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 7, 2002, 20:12   #188
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:55
Everyone seems to speculate on my political ascription- Sorry for being unclear about that. I'm neither a Hawk nor a DIA, i'd enlist as an Independant.
I hope that in my short 5 turns term next phase i'll prove myself as being up to this important job. As we are facing a great era of city development, and this position becomes more important then ever. If i'll be elected my first priority would be to re-instate the Provincial administartors so that the all important work of micromanaging will be efficirntly divided between several people.

I wish good luck to E_T and History Guy, and whoever else comes up.

another thing- Aggie's been a SMC for just one term, right?
Old October 7, 2002, 20:14   #189
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

CP is best held by a independant.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:16   #190
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by zeit
Everyone seems to speculate on my political ascription- Sorry for being unclear about that. I'm neither a Hawk nor a DIA, i'd enlist as an Independant.
I hope that in my short 5 turns term next phase i'll prove myself as being up to this important job. As we are facing a great era of city development, and this position becomes more important then ever. If i'll be elected my first priority would be to re-instate the Provincial administartors so that the all important work of micromanaging will be efficirntly divided between several people.

I wish good luck to E_T and History Guy, and whoever else comes up.

another thing- Aggie's been a SMC for just one term, right?
Yes, Aggie's only been SMC during Term 4. UberKruX was SMC during both terms 2 and 3... I don't know who was SMC during Term 1 (looooong before my time).
Old October 7, 2002, 20:25   #191
Apocalypse
Emperor

Uber was term 1 also. Only he has more consecutive time in an office than me. That will change after I become UN Rep though.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:33   #192
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Oh yea, just realized he hadn't spoken up...

Aro! Man, you gotta run for something . Consider this some friendly peer pressure.

Aro for... err... something . Aro for something!

-- adaMada
Aro for Cartographer!
or Aro for Cartoonist!
or even Aro for Saxophonist (one of these days I'll send to ALL of you an mp3 file... It's a threat! )!

Seriously, ada, I'm honored, thanks a lot, but I can't. I'm really busy in this days (ask Arnelos... he's watching the Brazilian elections ).
I'm barely able to find time to make the maps... In fact, I'm late with the last ones... But I’ll make it!
Old October 7, 2002, 20:40   #193
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Alright!
Mark me in for El Vice Presidente! (Actually, I was considering President, but I would only be able to do turn threads, as my schedule is fairly unpredictable at the moment).

Hmm, with only 100 or so posts to my name, I could possibly become the "youngest" President we have ever had?

Well, VP for now!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 7, 2002, 20:42   #194
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Re: Alright!
Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit
Mark me in for El Vice Presidente! (Actually, I was considering President, but I would only be able to do turn threads, as my schedule is fairly unpredictable at the moment).

Hmm, with only 100 or so posts to my name, I could possibly become the "youngest" President we have ever had?

Well, VP for now!
yes, i believe that is rather young.

do we have no prereqs to getting into office? PRINCE OR HIGHER

Old October 7, 2002, 20:46   #195
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:55
Re: Alright!
Quote:
(Actually, I was considering President, but I would only be able to do turn threads, as my schedule is fairly unpredictable at the moment).
The only other candidate for Prez will only to turnthreads so that's no reason to not run for Prez.

Vote WhiteBandit for Prez.

Because he loves you.
(Inside joke)
Old October 7, 2002, 21:04   #196
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:55
Heh heh...I'm lucky...if I don't become City Planner, I automatically become Deputy Chief of Intelligence...ah, life is good for an Apolytonian warrior and man of letters...
Old October 7, 2002, 21:25   #197
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Re: Re: Alright!
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

The only other candidate for Prez will only to turnthreads so that's no reason to not run for Prez.

Vote WhiteBandit for Prez.

Because he loves you.
(Inside joke)

(Inside joke )

WB, you'd be great as either Pres. or VP. Go for it, man .

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 21:53   #198
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Fine. WhiteBandit = Insane.
Mark me in for El Presidente!

Wait! If we're talking about running for multiple offices: President and Vice President!

Only joking of course. But please change my nomination from Vice President, to that of the President. I suppose if people don't like the fact that I will do turn threads, they can just not vote for me.

Yes, it is true! I love everyone. Almost.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 7, 2002, 22:10   #199
adaMada
King

Re: Fine. WhiteBandit = Insane.
Quote:
Mark me in for El Presidente!

Wait! If we're talking about running for multiple offices: President and Vice President!

Only joking of course. But please change my nomination from Vice President, to that of the President. I suppose if people don't like the fact that I will do turn threads, they can just not vote for me.

Yes, it is true! I love everyone. Almost.
Okay! Go White!!

Arnelos, why don't you run for VP then?

-- adaMada

EDIT: Wait a sec... two people running for President? Like, at the same time? We're gonna have a real election? Awsome! (I missed the Ninot/Trip. Shame that I'll probably have to abstain on this one since both canidates are too good for a simpleminded personl like me to choose )
Old October 7, 2002, 22:36   #200
WhiteBandit
Prince

Hehe, is Ninot or someone else actually considering running for President? I hope so. I'd like a challenger (whether it was a previous President or not, doesn't matter to me). It makes things fun!

So I encourage whomever to run for any position they choose, whether someone is there or not. Don't be afraid of losing to someone, just try and give it your best!

Old October 7, 2002, 22:50   #201
Arnelos
Emperor

YEAH!!! WhiteBandit picked an office!!!

and since WhiteBandit is running for President, that means that GhengisFarb is certainly running for Public Works, removing that factor of uncertainty as well!

So my best choices are Imperial Expansion and Vice President, eh? I've been thinking about running for Vice President the most, but the recent discussion between myself and Meshelic (currently my opponent for Imperial Expansion) has piqued my interest in that office . As Apocalypse said, he's run a grand total of 1 1/2 turns as Vice President so far....

That said, with WhiteBandit in charge and having fewer posts than even myself despite being actually "older" than me here (and everyone knows I'm a relative newcomer ), I think we might make a good team. I'm cool with turnthreads, which both Ninot and WhiteBandit want, but if the President gives me the opportunity to run some turns myself, I'd like to use the turnchat method unless people object (because I *can* make turnchats and I've rather enjoyed them ).

So I guess I'll run for VP, removing that level of uncertainty from the ballot as well....

So all you people who were wondering where the pieces were going to fall, it seems they have now (mostly) fallen. We still have time between now and Saturday (plenty of time) to change our minds, especially if anyone big changes where they're at (I think Aggie, Togas and Reddawg are the ones most capable of causing a politcal earthquake by switching offices ), but it looks like things might actually be stable for this.

UNORTHODOX:

Please switch my candidacy from Minister of Imperial Expansion to Vice President

I reserve the right to change my mind, of course, but I'm rather happy with this.
Old October 7, 2002, 22:51   #202
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Hehe, is Ninot or someone else actually considering running for President? I hope so. I'd like a challenger (whether it was a previous President or not, doesn't matter to me). It makes things fun!

So I encourage whomever to run for any position they choose, whether someone is there or not. Don't be afraid of losing to someone, just try and give it your best!
Yes, Ninot has been considering running for President. He would also use turnthreads rather than turnchats for the same reason as yourself, so there's no worry about being different from your opponent in that regard if the race turns out to be between the two of you.
Old October 7, 2002, 23:12   #203
adaMada
King

Oh yea! Awsome term #5 coming right up.

Let me congradulate Ninot, WhiteBandit, and Arnelos. This is a major improvement from having to worry about running myself to fill an empty spot .

If anything, I'm just sorry that there has to be a looser -- both Ninot and WhiteBandit are very qualified, and I'd hope that whoever doesn't make it this time will try again in the future. No reason for such talent to go to waste .

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 23:31   #204
Apocalypse
Emperor

Put me down for MoS again to, unless anyone objects to me being in two postions. I kinda miss that job. If Thud comes back or some other candidate becomes more active, I will withdraw my nomination though.
Old October 7, 2002, 23:37   #205
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I'd like to see Ninot president again. The time you were president was the best time of my life... *sniff* *sniff*
[/suckup mode off]
Upon reading this... i realised how sad Shiber is.
lol, just kidding.

Hmm, if Arnelos took VP, and one of us turnthread Presidents came to power, that would allow for a fine mix of chats and threads, and things would run quite smoothly, wouldn't they?

Ok, untill further notice, ink me down for President
Old October 7, 2002, 23:47   #206
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

CURRENT NOMINATIONS
Gathered from various threads, here is how it seems to be running so far:

PRESIDENT
Ninot (Independent)
WhiteBandit (Independent)

VICE-PRESIDENT
Arnelos (DIA)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Nimitz (DIA)
Togas (Independent)

SUPREME MILITARY COMMANDER
Aggie (Independent)

MINISTER OF ECONOMICS
Reddawg (Independent)

CITY PLANNER
E_T
Zeit (Independent)
HistoryGuy

MINISTER OF PUBLIC WORKS
Ghenghis Farb (Independent)

MINISTER OF SCIENCE
Duddha (Hawk)
Apocolypse

MINISTER OF IMPERIAL EXPANSION
Meshelic (Hawk)

Many run unopposed but there looks to be a good race in the offices of President, Foreign Affairs, and City Planner. Less than a week until election!

Last edited by Meshelic; October 8, 2002 at 00:17.
Old October 7, 2002, 23:51   #207
Arnelos
Emperor

Some things you might want to note, concerning your post, Meshelic:

E_T is an Independent (he never "joined" the Hawks in the Hawk threads, though he may be a "warrior" style player, don't really know), History Guy was (apparently) a member of the Imperialist Party, though he now seems (like many others in his position) to be aligned with the Hawk Party if not actually a member. I guess we'd have to hear from the man himself on whether he's actually a member.

As for Ninot, my understanding is that he ran for President in term 2 as the candidate for DIA, but has since declared himself an independent.
Old October 7, 2002, 23:59   #208
Meshelic
King

Well I stand corrected, but I being not absolutely sure I just included the question marks, I had hoped that was realized. no matter though!
Old October 8, 2002, 00:00   #209
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

Hmm, if Arnelos took VP, and one of us turnthread Presidents came to power, that would allow for a fine mix of chats and threads, and things would run quite smoothly, wouldn't they?
It could equally be a source of friction, but our job when running for office is to downlplay anyone's concerns about that, right?

::chuckle::

Anyway... I agree, with either of you as President, it would offer something of a balance dependent of what was called upon in a given situation or which office holder was more free to do what that week. It could actually work out quite well (seriously, now ).

EDIT: So hurrah for the figure-heads!
Old October 8, 2002, 00:00   #210
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
As for Ninot, my understanding is that he ran for President in term 2 as the candidate for DIA, but has since declared himself an independent.
You are correct sir!

if my math has not become lost...

i am still the only President to come from the DIA party (unless MWIA or OPD is DIA......no, right?).

However, since August 18th, i have been an Independant, and will run as such this term.

Im running against WhiteBandit? Hrm... very good, i'll just have to turn on the old charm.