Old October 8, 2002, 00:04   #211
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Both MWIA and OPD are Independents to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: I've kept a record (built from the publicly available lists that were maintained in the various Hawk and DIA recruitment threads) of which people have actually "joined" each party. Those lists are VERY SHORT compared to the overall population here, which is simply an indication that most people are independents. So if you aren't sure about whether someone is in a party or not, chances are they're independent .
Old October 8, 2002, 00:12   #212
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Ninot and WhiteBandit,

And to think... we actually are running to end up here...

(thank you Shiber for the image)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	palace.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	260.5 KB
ID:	26472  
Old October 8, 2002, 00:14   #213
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

should i be elected, im gonna make it into a bar for sure! OPD be welcome any time
Old October 8, 2002, 00:16   #214
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

If only MWIA and Trip were more active. Then we'd have some more Eva supporters.

It would also be nice if Kass joined this game.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 8, 2002, 00:24   #215
Arnelos
Emperor

btw... just so Ninot, WhiteBandit, and I actually know...

Which style of architecture did you guys select for the palace back in far distant past (not that it bars the electorate from changing its mind now, just wondering)?

Personally, my favorite has always been classical (especially in the original Civilization), but the others can be cool, too.
Old October 8, 2002, 01:28   #216
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:55
Quote:
Put me down for MoS again to, unless anyone objects to me being in two postions. I kinda miss that job. If Thud comes back or some other candidate becomes more active, I will withdraw my nomination though
competitor eh...
Old October 8, 2002, 02:18   #217
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha

competitor eh...
Oh, you signed up for the competition, you don't know whether Thud is going to come back to contest you yet, either

It'll be one fun race if it's you -vs- Thud (though I doubt more by the day if he's interested) :-)
Old October 8, 2002, 06:39   #218
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Put me down for MoS again to, unless anyone objects to me being in two postions. I kinda miss that job. If Thud comes back or some other candidate becomes more active, I will withdraw my nomination though.
Apoc,
It sounds like the UN Job is one that you can run for and also hold an elected position, so no, no objections.

-- adaMada
Old October 8, 2002, 06:56   #219
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:55
I would suggest to create a position of "Minister of Information". The task of this person would be to keep the people of Apolytonia informed at all times about the state of the game.

I nominate myself for this position, if it were created.
Old October 8, 2002, 08:29   #220
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 08:55
Could Unortho please update the post at the top of this thread with Meshelic's post above, giving the latest candidates, so that those of us checking from time to time might not get the incorrect view that almost no-one is standing for anything.

Ta

Fergus
Old October 8, 2002, 08:34   #221
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
I would suggest to create a position of "Minister of Information". The task of this person would be to keep the people of Apolytonia informed at all times about the state of the game.

I nominate myself for this position, if it were created.
Given your reports on the turnchats after each is completed, I'd think you would be excellent for just such a position... perhaps you should elaborate on job responsibilities and duties in a seperate thread so we can discuss it and perhaps introduce an amendment or create a deputy position for the purpose

(in other words, design your own job )
Old October 8, 2002, 08:50   #222
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Fergus Horkan
Could Unortho please update the post at the top of this thread with Meshelic's post above, giving the latest candidates, so that those of us checking from time to time might not get the incorrect view that almost no-one is standing for anything.

Ta

Fergus
Im trying. I am not on 24-7 anymore. Not since I was VP and MrWIA or myself were on at any given time of day. (and he had my password to edit posts...well at least once...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 08:55   #223
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Updated...I think

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 09:08   #224
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Well, at least now we have someone running for everything.
Old October 8, 2002, 10:03   #225
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Rat running...
Quote:
You don't need to have the save to be Minister of Science - Just someone willing to tell you what techs we have and how many turns until whatever is being researched is done being researched.
Fine, then I will nominate myself as candidate for the Minister of Science. As a Thinker of the Guild, I feel that as a duty...
And since no one else wanted to suggest me for something.
Old October 8, 2002, 10:07   #226
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Wow, with enough people running this election could be interesting.
Old October 8, 2002, 12:11   #227
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
One of the things that I'm working on
I've started to work on this sheet, for my possible job as City Planner. It's still in the roughing out stage, so pardon the dust.

E_T

Old October 8, 2002, 13:06   #228
ThePlagueRat
King

Nice work E_T

If we could put that into a HTML table it could be used in
conjunction with the City Information project.

The HTML-thread project is something like this:

There is a header: City Information
A ruler --------
Then a pic: City view or something
And there is the name.

Then we need the table format...

Another ruler --------

Next city: pic, name, and so on.

End.

If you will supply images like this one,
we could also put them in between the rulers. It's easy!
Old October 8, 2002, 13:08   #229
Arnelos
Emperor

E_T, if you'll PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet I created Sunday night to calculate the data for the latest World Factbook entry. The data is listed by city, and it's currently in a very non-aesthetic format because I built it to calculate data, not to be presentable :-). But I figure I might be able to save you the trouble of collecting a lot of the data (at least for the 490 A.D. save).

Most of the stuff on there would not be useful to the city planner, but I figure you can just copy and paste the few useful columns into your own spreadsheet and work from there.

Lemme know.
Old October 8, 2002, 15:30   #230
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Alright....

My final decisions on what I'll run for
UN Rep (like always planned)
Imperial Expansion (like originally planned)

That is all.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 8, 2002, 15:40   #231
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Re: that city info project. All we need is someone with some webspace to put up the Domestic Advisors screen after each save...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 17:55   #232
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

While we're here...

Anyone jumping to do/help with the directory next term? If not, I'll probably give it another go...

I'm way behind right now, and want to apologize for that. It's shaping up to be a dreadfully busy week, but I'll do my best to crawl the directory back into shape before the new one starts for next term.

-- adaMada

EDIT: Unless any of the Presidental/Vice Presidental canidates really want the job for themselves...
Old October 8, 2002, 18:19   #233
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Alright....

My final decisions on what I'll run for
UN Rep (like always planned)
Imperial Expansion (like originally planned)

That is all.

Meshelic's world suddenly caves in on him
Wow I have no chance of winning
Old October 8, 2002, 18:53   #234
Duddha
Prince

don't worry, you've got my vote.
Old October 8, 2002, 19:00   #235
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic

Meshelic's world suddenly caves in on him
Wow I have no chance of winning
Naw, people have accidents.

What? They do, sometimes people have accidents.
Old October 8, 2002, 19:03   #236
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz
Foreign Minister For me

Well Togas I'm running against you again hehehe.
I've been waiting to see if Nimitz changed his mind, but I guess he hasn't. And while I still don't understand why he wants to run against me, I welcome the challange.

Nimitz -- Please answer these questions for me. Why are you running for FAM? What is your platform? Are you unhappy with how I've run things or do you just want to be in control of foriegn affairs? And lastly, is this a DIA thing?

If you expect to be elected because of party affailiation (because I don't have a party behind me) you'll be dissapointed. I think that you'll find that Apolytonia isn't a two party nation. Most of the people could care less about which party a candidate comes from. They want the person who will do the best job.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 8, 2002, 19:05   #237
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:55
OPD stares at MWIA

MWIA avoids the glare

OPD continues to stare
Old October 8, 2002, 19:21   #238
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Togas, for my sake, can you ask questions in another thread, it is hard enough sifting through what is nominations and what is BS in here.

Not that BS is bad...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 20:23   #239
Reddawg
Prince

E-T, I dunno if you were around in the City Planning thread, or whatever it was called... I forget now. But anyway, once a week (re: every two turnchats/threads) I update a spreadsheet that has MUCH city data on it; if you get elected, make sure you keep in touch with me over that.

Gosh, TWELVE PAGES of posts and still no one to run against me. Sigh.
Old October 8, 2002, 20:42   #240
ThePlagueRat
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
Gosh, TWELVE PAGES of posts and still no one to run against me. Sigh.
There are too many positions, and too few people having the time to play such a role... To few people here nowadays.