Old October 8, 2002, 20:51   #241
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Wow this is one heck of a long thread, no way I'm reading it all.

I remember the old days.

Then there wwere the days of the UFC, ... the UFC was the United Front Coalition and that was the Hawks, Imperialists, and 3WC (or something like that) and maybe some other groups joining together to oppose the DIA.

And there were those guys Trip and Timeline making waves causing arguments/discussions between UFC & DIA.

Then there was some loud mouth independents complaining about all the party politics and so all the politicians became "independent", well many did.

Oh yeah, in those days being a member of the DIA or any other group wasn't immediate cause for bashing by undercover UFC'ers calling themselves independent (the UFC members were out in the open).

And there were those great weekly installments in the Jungle Gazette about an adventurer, whose name escapes me.

Ahhh...the good old days.

I was actually thinking of science minister, but thats already loaded with candidates. Thats would have been the best fit for my schedule. Instead, I'll just cruise from thread to thread complaining about how much time we waste planning for war after war, and so little planning we do for our culture. Some loud mouth Hawk or undercover Hawk will tell me that its war that got us here, I say that there is a time for war we all now know, but soon we will know that there is a time for peace if we don;t already, and peace needs to be planned for to.

Go DIA....we need to start thinking about a break from war for the time being and some spend some time on proper building up of our infrastructure, culture and science.

Good Luck to all those running.
Old October 8, 2002, 21:01   #242
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:55
Eh, DIA threads have always attracted UFC members.

And what is this 'undercover independant' talk?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 22:42   #243
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
E-T, I dunno if you were around in the City Planning thread, or whatever it was called... I forget now. But anyway, once a week (re: every two turnchats/threads) I update a spreadsheet that has MUCH city data on it; if you get elected, make sure you keep in touch with me over that.

Gosh, TWELVE PAGES of posts and still no one to run against me. Sigh.
That's because you are doing such a GREAT Job as MoE. I'll have a look at it, but I'm making my own so that I can quickly reference it when I want to (Excel loads up MUCH faster that Civ III). Plus, it gives me something to do with that MS program that just usually takes up room on my hard drive.

E_T
Old October 8, 2002, 22:50   #244
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Meshelic's world suddenly caves in on him
Wow I have no chance of winning
I'll drop out if this is your reaction.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 8, 2002, 23:55   #245
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:55
Apoc - I have one more 2000 word essay to right and then it's

EXAM LEAVE!

Hence I will have just over ONE MONTH before I go to Canberra for summer and have to leave my comp (and possibly all access to games) behind. Whilst there (until middle of Feb next year), I will hopefully have 'Net access, but will be unable to be Minister of any sort - they need to be able to look at the game to be effective :

OPD - I have not been avoiding things, merely concentrating on getting the pettiness of RL out of the way before my final deadlines on Friday. I have some more to do, but soon there will only be exams left.

And two candidates making a good election?

I would like to run for President one more time here, in these elections. I expect to leave the country the 16th (my time), so I can be here a full term. There are only a few days that I have commitments of amy kind until then (4 exams), and I will do as many turnchats as I am able to. It may certainly be necessary to do threads occasionally, but I will be damned if I gave up on chats completely without a few more tries.

Now if you will excuse me I have RL to attend to, then I will post my intentions in the campaign thread within 24 hours.

MWIA grins and raises an eyebrow at OPD

OPD looks at the ground

MWIA laughs, claps OPD on the shoulder and offers to buy him an alcoholic beverage of his choice

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 8, 2002, 23:59   #246
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

This Presidential race just got a LITTLE more interesting.

A three way debate? uh-oh!
Old October 9, 2002, 00:01   #247
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Hmmm...

Go MWIA!

Ninot...pick something else Or watch Eva.

MWIA (before I forget)....I suggest you download and play Iron Maiden after you watch Ep26 but before you watch the movie.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 9, 2002, 00:02   #248
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Hmmm...

Go MWIA!

Ninot...pick something else Or watch Eva.

MWIA (before I forget)....I suggest you download and play Iron Maiden after you watch Ep26 but before you watch the movie.
Meh, i don't need to run for any post really. and President is the only post i have the urge for.

I will give MWIA as much of a challenge as I can, but if I should lose, the nation will be in good hands, im sure. May the best Ex-President win!

Edit: Oh, and goodluck to WhiteBandit too.
Old October 9, 2002, 00:08   #249
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Since this isn't the campaign thread and we don't have to toot our own horns here, everyone keep in mind WhiteBandit - this guy has been stalwart with PW Minister for two terms now - I don't want him to be forgotten just because two ex-Presidents are in the running as well.

I was nothing in this game before becoming President, and there were problems, but everything turned out OK. Just imagine what it could be like if someone with actual Ministerial experience was elected for once?

Ninot, WB - this is great. How could I resist the opportunity to run against a legendary President like Ninot and one of the most consistent, experienced Ministers we have, like WB?

Old October 9, 2002, 00:13   #250
Ninot
Emperor

What a shame. Three examplary Apolytonians, all in the same race.

Hey guys, i got an idea. Lets split up into some of the other campaigns. We could beat anyone

we could have a party! The Winners Party!

oops... ill shutup now.

ahem... legendary President? Thank you MWIA, you make me blush . Your no slump yourself, had a good term, and your Citizen 1!!!!!

and White Bandit is truly one of the best all time ministers we've had.
Old October 9, 2002, 01:07   #251
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:55
Thanks!
Haha, this is so great!!!

When or lose, this is going to probably the most exciting Presidential election ever.

BRING IT ON!!!!

(I love everyone! )

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 9, 2002, 02:28   #252
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Wow, 3 VERY capable nominees for President. I'm torn
Old October 9, 2002, 04:58   #253
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Woot!
Old October 9, 2002, 05:28   #254
Laertes
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 08:55
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Updated...I think
Belated thank you, Unortho
Old October 9, 2002, 07:02   #255
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Oh oh.

I KNOW I won't be able to pick now.

(I think this is shaping up to be the best presidental election so far )

-- adaMada
Old October 9, 2002, 09:01   #256
Reddawg
Prince

this is insane, Lmao... let the campaigning begin!
Old October 9, 2002, 11:58   #257
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

After some consideration, and some unforseen events freeing up some time, I have changed my mind.

I would like to announce my candidacy for VP.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 9, 2002, 12:00   #258
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: Term V Nomination Thread.
Quote:
MrWhereItsAt (Anarchist(jk for us old timers))
Is that "anarchist" or "anti-christ"?

Just wanting to clarify.
Old October 9, 2002, 12:13   #259
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Finally some real elections WOOHOOO
Aggie
Old October 9, 2002, 12:20   #260
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Re: Re: Term V Nomination Thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Is that "anarchist" or "anti-christ"?

Just wanting to clarify.

Something I said troubling you, Ghengis?

And it's Anarchist - I am/was the sole member of the 3A2C3 - whose only policy was to prevent over-detailing positions and rules within the game, in an attempt to get things to be more on friendly agreements, as in the Civ2 game.

You can see how successful we were by looking at the size of the Constitution.

And what can I say about UnOrthO's entry to the VP race?

/South Park mode/

Dude! That kicks ass!

/South Park mode off/

Old October 9, 2002, 12:42   #261
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: Term V Nomination Thread.
Just for fun people:

ELECTION 490
Analysis and Coverage of the Apolytonian Elections

Executives:
President:

Ninot (Independent)
"Independent"? If it talks DIA, walks DIA, and smells DIA mamma sez it IS DIA. The old geezer wants all the benefits of being DIA and none of the hassles.

WhiteBandit (Independent)
More of an actual "independent" WB ususally goes into stealth mode and only appears to post orders then vaporizes from existence again.

MrWhereItsAt
Where's he been? Referred to as "the Anti-Christ" by UnOrthOdOX, he is trying to reclaim the throne 'usurped' by OPD in the last election.

Vice President:

Arnelos (DIA)
Considered to be one of the most analytical politicians in Apolytonia, Arnelos has been rapidly rising through the offices of Apolytonia in a race to the throne.

UnOrthOdOx (Hawk)
The 'puller of strings' in Apolytonia's media industry. The publisher of the Gazette will once again try to generate his own stories from a political office.

Ministers:

Military:

Aggie (Independant)
Currently the only candidate as the other four who announced they were runing have disappeared.........

Economy:

Reddawg
One of the greatest economists in known history, does anyone really care about economics?

Science:

Duddha (Hawk)
Leader and Founder of the theory of Apolytonian pure blood policies, he has several plans for experimenting on foreign nationals...............

Thud (DIA)
He's running now, but he may disappear again tomorrow.

ThePlagueRat (Independant)
A mysterious candidate, he has hinted on several disease based research strategies.

Foreign Affairs:

Nimitz (DIA)

Having spent the last term digging up dirt on his superior, he now feels it is time to show Apolytonia the "brains behind the ministry".

Togas (Independent)
Probably the most entrenched incumbant in our electoral history. He will be difficult to beat.

City Planner:

E_T (??)
Is he not party affiliated or simply confused, we shall soon discover the truth.

Zeit (Independent)
So eager for the job he has attempted to boot out the current office holder and take over already.

HistoryGuy (Hawk)
Rumor has it, he's running for office simply so he can rename all the regions to his liking. (Thought I forgot about that, didn't you.........)

Public Works:

GhengisFarb (Independent)
What is there to say? Excellent candidate, great family heritage, perfection incarnate............( )

Imperial Expansion:

Meshelic (Hawk)
Rumored to be connected to the Shadow Service, he appears to be the heir apparent for the Imperial Expansion post.

Apoclypse (Independant)
Angered by an apparent Shadow Service assasination of his pet cat, Riskles, he now seeks answers to what really happened on that fateful night.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 9, 2002 at 21:06.
Old October 9, 2002, 12:58   #262
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
[SIZE=1] Originally posted by GhengisFarb MrWhereItsAt
Where's he been? Referred to as "the Anti-Christ" by UnOrthOdOX, he is trying to reclaim the throne 'usurped' by OPD in the last election.
It's not true.....

Old October 9, 2002, 14:06   #263
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
After some consideration, and some unforseen events freeing up some time, I have changed my mind.

Really?

Well then, I suppose it's a race afterall
Old October 9, 2002, 16:21   #264
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

Wow.

This is gonna be an awsome term.

I'm troubled by the fact that some of these great people will be loosing, however, and would encourage everyone who's running now to run again in the future.

-- adaMada
Old October 9, 2002, 17:22   #265
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

GHENGIS you crack me up

I AM surprised by this election term, many SOLID candidates are running and there seems to be some very close races. The only nominees NOT facing an opponent for their position are Ghengis and Reddawg....

The Shadow Service does not claim responsibility for the assassination of Apocolypse's cat, however we would like to know who did ( to commend them of course) HA just kidding
Old October 9, 2002, 19:05   #266
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

great post Ghengis.
Old October 9, 2002, 19:46   #267
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 04:55

i seriously dont know who to vote for in most races.

is History Guy a Hawk, because he may agree with our views, but i dont think he is a member.
Old October 9, 2002, 19:48   #268
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I think it'll be the closest election since term II.
Old October 9, 2002, 20:13   #269
Apocalypse
Emperor

I most interested in the City Planner race.
Old October 9, 2002, 21:08   #270
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

WHy isn't Jonny running for Imperial Expansion.

It's not an election if Jonny doesn't run for MoIE.