Old October 4, 2002, 13:37   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DIE: Policy thread
I'll propose plans here for discussion tomorrow, but meanwhile use this thread for whatever you think is relevant to my directorate.

Some questions/future polls I'm thinking about:

Should the nutrient forest terrain be used by NA or TBIBTU?
Should the first worker of New Suez be on Freshwater energy or forest?
Focus on nutrient or minerals in the other bases?
Should we always rush the first item in a new base? Only when formers? Only when rec tanks? How many credits should we keep in our energy bank at all time as a reserve?

Anything else I should poll or you want to discuss?
Old October 4, 2002, 14:12   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:55
As far as NA is concerned generally, we should give it every advantage we can until it has built the WP. This means we want it to grow as fast as it can (without having happiness problems) and give it the most minerals it can get. Thus I think that NA gets preference for ALL good terrain over TBIBTU in the short run, including the nut forest.

Other bases should go for nuts until they reach say 3-4 pop, then switch to minerals to start cranking out CPs a bit faster. Perhaps we should aim for a pop of 3 before sending out a CP. That way the pop will only drop to 2, which should be still productive enough to have things built reasonably quickly afterwards (assuming SOME good/formed terrain is around).

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 4, 2002, 14:44   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:55
i say start building a CP after the former when the base is still 1 but thats not what i wanted to say....
I think If we have enough money rush every first thing in a base no matter what but we need atleast around the 100 al the time one we are really working right now it doesnt matter much around the 40-50 is ok
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 14, 2002, 16:17   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Time to revive this thread.

I noticed the government has a huge cash reserve of no less than 400 credits!

That's why I want to hear some citizen opinions about the following questions to allow me to organize a democratic referendum about this matter.

Should we reinvest our credits into our economy and hurry some items or keep it in reserve for worse times?

If the answer is "Hurry", how much credits should we spend? Should we keep a limit not to go under? How much is that limit?

If the answer on question A was "Hurry", what items should we rush? Rec tanks, formers, net nodes, CPs, crawlers in some future, military units?? And on what bases should we focus our government investments?

Also, is there anything important I should poll for the next turnsessions? This poll has given me enough information to organize workers on my own for the rest of the term, so I'm not sure what to poll anymore.
Old October 15, 2002, 14:48   #5
Maniac

If nobody answers, I will make autocratic decisions until someone protests.
Old October 15, 2002, 14:52   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
hurry the HGP (or the VW for that matter) otherwise, we might not get it
Old October 15, 2002, 15:19   #7
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:55
hurry a SP
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 21, 2002, 17:59   #8
Maniac

Personally I don't really see what polls I could organize.

Is there a worker poll needed for some base?
Do I need to organize a referendum for hurrying some item?
Should I already poll where our first crawlers should convoy (or should they be added to the SP production right away)?

Tell me what poll you want and I'll organize it.
Old October 21, 2002, 18:10   #9
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Should I already poll where our first crawlers should convoy (or should they be added to the SP production right away)?
Old October 21, 2002, 20:59   #10
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 04:55
Hurry the crawlers. Doing so is more profitable than hurrying a Secret Project, and they can be converted into minerals for an SP easily.

Alternatively, hurry one of the Secret Projects once we have the funds.
Old October 21, 2002, 22:35   #11
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:55
Somewhere, sometime soon, if we research Flex we should explore inland lake.

By the way Maniac is that the real you or your clone. (see Chiron news edit 7 newsflash, 22/10/02)

Last edited by Hercules; October 21, 2002 at 22:40.