Old October 5, 2002, 00:19   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Republican Movement & Elections
It is fitting, now that we are vetting candidates and approaching our next election, to bring up the issue of whether candidates appealing for popular approval are true allies of the people , supporting the Republican movement, or whether they are in fact enemies of the people , opposing the Republican movement!

The Apolytonian Republican Front (ARF), being the virtuous vanguard of the Republican movement that it is and defender of the people's right to libery, will be determing whether candidates running for various offices are virtuous proponents or vile opponents of liberty. Based upon these determinations, the ARF will be informing the populace which candidates in these elections the ARF recommends they vote for on this basis alone.

For indeed, any candidate who would dare to oppose the rights of the people while in the very midst of attempting to appeal for their support must surely be a fool. The ARF intends to determine who these enemies of the people are and inform the electorate of their true contempt for the people, despite whatever lies they present to the contrary!

Those true republicans allied to the ARF cause are encouraged to let their republicanism be known and to vouch for the republican spirit of their colleagues on the ballot. They are also greatly encouraged to tell the people of the candidates on the ballot who are vile and despicable monarchists and are thus to be voted against!

For the People of Apolytonia!

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 00:25.
Old October 5, 2002, 00:53   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It would seem of the candidates either on the ballot or considering to be on the ballot, that we can initially categorize them for our purposes into several categories, as assigned based upon a general assessment of their statements in various threads relating to the switch to republic or remaining with monarchy.

Based upon this initial check, all citizens (not just current potential candidates) who have commented on the issue can likely be categorized as such:

COMMITTED REPUBLICANS (aka "Allies of the People" according to the ARF platform)
(Those who are either committed republicans or have publicly let known that they have been convinced by the republican argument)
Arnelos
DAVOUT
Calc II
=OttomusCaesar=
Ninot
mrmitchell
jdjdjd
rendelnep
Sean
BigFurryMonster
Bolverk
Randolph
E_T
Shiber
zeit
Thud
Nimitz

LEANING REPUBLICAN (aka "Leaning toward being 'Allies of the People'" according to the ARF platform)
(leaning toward republic, may have some specifically raised conditions or problems with it)
UnOrthOdOx
joncnunn
Sheik
GodKing

NEUTRAL/UNDECIDED
Aro
Reddawg
Aggie
roadcage
Vlad Antlerkov

MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER (PLAYING BOTH SIDES)
GePap
donegeal

LEANING MONARCHIST (aka "Leaning toward becoming 'Enemies of the People'" according to the ARF platform)
GhengisFarb
Meshelic
wervdon
OPD

COMMITTED MONARCHISTS (aka "Enemies of the People" according to the ARF platform)
Duddha
nz_upy
UberKruX
MrWhereItsAt (at his request, no less)

----------------

If you find yourself mentioned as a potential enemy of the people and wish to avoid this label, it is highly suggested that you avow your commitment to the Republican movement. The Republican movement is always seeking converts to our righteous cause in the pursuit of liberty and popular sovereignty.

Those who have erred in supporting the monarchists are welcome to pay penance for the error of your previous ways by vowing to fight on behalf of the people's right to popular sovereignty now!

If your position on the republican movement is not yet established, you are strongly encouraged to come out and announce your strong support for the republican movement now, lest your position on the matter be placed in doubt and you lose the advantage on this issue to your opponent!

For the People of Apolytonia!

EDIT: I have gone ahead and placed the names of those either already nominated or considering nominations for positions in bold italics.

SECOND EDIT: Due to the onslaught of whining and requests for political correctness from the Hawk Party (the Hawk Party!?!), we will now apparently be having a "politically correct revolution"

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 12:18.
Old October 5, 2002, 00:57   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Im glad to be a friend of the people!
Old October 5, 2002, 00:59   #4
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I honestly like how I am not on this list.

Seriously.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 5, 2002, 01:11   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
ENTIRELY UNCLEAR WHICH SIDE THEY ARE ON
MrWhereItsAt
GePap
Aro
Reddawg
Aggie
roadcage
So I am unsure which side I am on? OK then, if you say so, it must be true. Well, it IS true....

Beyond my beloved 3A2C3, I belong to no organisation. Furthermore, for the moment I prefer to remain ambivalent on the issue of Republicanism. I am, however, for progress towards an economically strong, highly developed Apolytonia that maintains its strong links to the Big Banana that has delivered us throughout history from (almost) all the evils that could have befallen us, and continues to bless us with the greatest crop of its heavenly progeny in existence.

Should I nominate myself (or be nominated) for a position in the upcoming Governmental elections, I see the want of the people for a clear stance. Then and only then will I make it clear exactly which side I am on.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 5, 2002, 01:12   #6
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:57
Quote:
Except for those who have already professed to committing crimes against the Republican movement (Duddha, Donegeal, etc.)
[roleplay]
Crime?! Me?! What crime?

** Donegeal pulls his hand out of his pocket and flips a wad of Lytons in a money clip at the feet of Arnelos **

Oh, look, Arnelos, you droped something.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:17   #7
Arnelos
Emperor

I seem to recall that certain lords of the Pina Colada and El Nino provinces each ordered crackdowns on the republican sympathizers in their provinces... no bribes could potentially make the members of the Repubican movement so unbelievably foolish as to overlook that in the face of the people (then we would likely be the ones fearing for our lives ...)

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 02:43.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:19   #8
Arnelos
Emperor

MWIA... it is meant to say that it is entirely unclear which side you are on from looking at the threads where republicanism was publicly discussed. Obviously, if you haven't publicly endorsed the republican cause, the people don't know about your true beliefs, now do they?

And yes, we do hope that should you run for an office, you will come out on the side of republicanism, the side of the people.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:28   #9
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

HAHAHHAHAHA. you people and your dreams of "rights".

YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD!

/me retreats to his ubergorskian palace with the rest of the elite.
Old October 5, 2002, 01:33   #10
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
MWIA... it is meant to say that it is entirely unclear which side you are on from looking at the threads where republicanism was publicly discussed. Obviously, if you haven't publicly endorsed the republican cause, the people don't know about your true beliefs, now do they?

And yes, we do hope that should you run for an office, you will come out on the side of republicanism, the side of the people.
The Apolytonians are a warlike people. There has been almost no time since the first declaration of war on America where we have sustained peace for any major duration of time. We are on the verge of "Operation Mop Up", cleaning up the messes we left from previous wars. War weariness isn't desireable as of yet.

MAYBE after we destroy America, France, Rome, the Iroquois, Germany, the Aztecs, the English, Russia, the Babylonians, etc, we could go into Republic. MAYBE.

i ran my first term on the platform of manifest destiny... we're still working on that
Old October 5, 2002, 01:41   #11
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:57
Down with this propoganda! I denounce the statement that I lean towards being an enemy of the people! Tell me, is this the opinion of the people OR an insurrectionist, someone who obviously does not have the people's priorities in mind?
Old October 5, 2002, 02:24   #12
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Down with this propoganda! I denounce the statement that I lean towards being an enemy of the people! Tell me, is this the opinion of the people OR an insurrectionist, someone who obviously does not have the people's priorities in mind?
Lets see... Meshelic... on September 29, this monarchist posted:

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Definetely we should hold off on the switching to Republic ... it could be disastrous"

Meshelic
Shadow Service
We might add that this is the same so-called "Shadow Service" which has been making public threats toward members of the Republican movement. Need I go on?

You are welcome, of course, to disavow your connections with the vile monarchists and join us... I'm sure we can forget your unfortunate history in such a mild case

Join the people, for freedom.

You know in your heart that it is what you truly want...

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 02:48.
Old October 5, 2002, 02:31   #13
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX

MAYBE after we destroy America, France, Rome, the Iroquois, Germany, the Aztecs, the English, Russia, the Babylonians, etc, we could go into Republic. MAYBE.

i ran my first term on the platform of manifest destiny... we're still working on that
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts... Only the heir to the throne of a kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!" -- Londo Molari, Babylon 5

Just the other day, I took a visit to the Academy being run by this Sun Tzu character... very bright man, if I may say. He shared the following comment from his acclaimed work, The Art of War (a work which I was lead to believe our warriors were versed in...)

"The side that knows when to fight and when not will take the victory. There are roadways not to be traveled, armies not to be attacked, walled cities not to be assaulted."

I must say that I agree with him in this case, a very wise man indeed.

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 02:47.
Old October 5, 2002, 04:11   #14
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

[roleplay]
All you "rebuplicans" out there just remember that Arnelos picked up that money clip he droped. And this is the "leader" of this movement?

All that would happen is you would dispose of the Rightful Monarch and replace him with one that was bought and paid for by the rich of this new government.

The owners of these proposed Marketplaces would offer goods and Lux in exchange for votes to ensure that they get their puppets elected.

Who do you want to decide who runs the country? These businessmen, who are looking out for themselves or The Great Banana, who has lead us out of the Jungle to be the most powerful Empire in the world (through the leaders which he has choosen).
[end]

I can't believe you put me on the enemy list! With respect to the game, I have fully shown my suport of this movement, it is just in roleplay that I back the Monarchy.
Old October 5, 2002, 04:58   #15
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
Republic, by all means, is the right way to go immediately after the Persian war. Consider me an ally of the people!
And it's Shiber, btw. Not Shriber.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 5, 2002, 06:56   #16
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 02:57
Quote:
PERHAPS ARE OPEN TO BEING ALLIES OF THE PEOPLE
Meh, I'm considering myself in this group. Put me in.
Old October 5, 2002, 07:07   #17
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 04:57
Of course, I am for a Repulbican form of government.
Old October 5, 2002, 07:19   #18
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:57
I fully support Republic after we annex what's left of america, since the War Weariness would blow in our faces if we go with Republic and then declare war (even after we wait for 2-3 turns), unless, of course, we can end this war in 1 turn, which in that case won't have any happiness effect. But i think we can suffer 1 turn of WW, if this grants us 20 turns of Republican GA (instead of 19, when one is lost in Anarchy, if we get the GA in monarchy then switch to Republic).

Long live the Republic!
Viva le Apolytonia!
Old October 5, 2002, 07:26   #19
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
[roleplay]
I can't believe you put me on the enemy list! With respect to the game, I have fully shown my suport of this movement, it is just in roleplay that I back the Monarchy.
[out-of-roleplay]

It is true that your *real* opinions (which you have attempted to clarify) mean that this "list" does not do you justice, that is true.

I don't see why you can't continue to skirt the line of roleplaying the monarchist and *actually* being more reasonable . Perhaps, to do you some manner of justice, a "multiple personalities disorder" category should be created for you .

I'm actually open to options, as I fully understand that your committed opposition is merely roleplay . Thanks for calling me to account on this one - I actually do appreciate it.

[/out-of-roleplay]

[roleplay]

You have demonstrated time and time again, at least in your monarchist personality, that you are a committed opponent of the Republican movement - this makes you an enemy of the people from the ARF's perspective... I'm not seeing the problem here

[/roleplay]

Last edited by Arnelos; October 5, 2002 at 07:37.
Old October 5, 2002, 07:35   #20
Arnelos
Emperor

Ok, latest edit complete. A bit of the language altered to reflect the change in donegeal's status, the multiple personalities category established, and various people added.
Old October 5, 2002, 07:39   #21
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Republic, by all means, is the right way to go immediately after the Persian war. Consider me an ally of the people!
And it's Shiber, btw. Not Shriber.
Abject apologies for inserting the undesirable 'r'
Old October 5, 2002, 08:57   #22
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Consider me a supporter of the republic cause.

Long Live the Republic of Apolytonia!
Old October 5, 2002, 09:26   #23
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
I honestly like how I am not on this list.

Seriously.
Ditto .

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 09:37   #24
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
SEEM TO LEAN TOWARD BEING ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE
GhengisFarb
Meshelic
wervdon
OPD

ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE
Duddha
nz_upy
UberKruX
PEOPLE WHO NOW SEEM TO LEAN TOWARDS BEING ENEMIES OF OPD
Arnelos
Old October 5, 2002, 09:38   #25
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Excellent job; detailed lists (and a couple of guillotines) are all what we need to begin the Great Cleansing.
Old October 5, 2002, 09:44   #26
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:57
Quote:

ENTIRELY UNCLEAR WHICH SIDE THEY ARE ON
MrWhereItsAt
Aro
Reddawg
Aggie
roadcage
Vlad Antlerkov
I’m for Rep, Arnelos... but we need to improve some things before that, as marketplaces or cathedrals, in some cities. See the Reddawg’s report about this, http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1 . We need to be sure about our losses concerning military costs and happiness.
As you can see, I’m not a radical enemy of the people. I’ll say again: enemy of the people for sure, but not a radical.
Old October 5, 2002, 09:48   #27
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

An ex-troskist advocating for cathedrals ? Be careful Arnelos ...
Old October 5, 2002, 09:59   #28
jdd2007
NationStates
King

i am happy i was forgotten on the list as well.

i strongly object to you, not because i particularly dislike your views, but because you are labeling people as being 'enemies of the people.' stop the madness! UberKruX served the people faithfully for a long time.
Old October 5, 2002, 10:21   #29
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
i am happy i was forgotten on the list as well.

i strongly object to you, not because i particularly dislike your views, but because you are labeling people as being 'enemies of the people.' stop the madness! UberKruX served the people faithfully for a long time.
I gotta agree with jdd on this one -- I know Arnelos doesn't mean it to be taken seriously (outside of who supports switch to Republic and who doesn't) and is just roleplaying, but some of it doesn't make sense considering who supports staying at monarchy. UberKrux? OPD? Ghengis? Enemies of the people? Or War-decorated SMC? Fine President? Noble Banker? Clearly, this 'enemy of the people' status needs to be rethought -- in present company, I'd be honored to be included in such a group. Perhaps the categoies could be changed to 'Allies of the Monarch" vs 'Allies of the People?'

-- adaMada
Old October 5, 2002, 10:32   #30
jdd2007
NationStates
King

[rp]

adamada, we must stand against this radical revolutionary who demands the heads of our finest leaders! blacklisting is not acceptable, arnelos, but you declare yourself an ally of the people! we know what you truly want.

[/rp]

i see a revolution coming, the royalists against the republicans. leading respective forces will be uber and arnelos...