Old October 5, 2002, 08:46   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Court: Expressions of Interest
It doesn't actually specify who's supposed to call for nominations for justices. I've been pushing this, and I'm keen to get the court off the ground, so I'll call for nominations now...the right person can do it next time.

I'd like to put my name forward. I've got an idea of how to get this working well, I've already pushed this amendment through, and I believe I can be impartial enough.

Nominees:

Darkness' Edge
Mr. President
Tassadar5000
- Groucho -
Pandemoniak
Mellian
Schinkenjoe

Editing the original post: I suggested that we should close nominations on the 12th, hold 3-day elections, and give the justices 15 days to work things out. I didn't meet any opposition to this...

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; October 13, 2002 at 17:37.
Old October 5, 2002, 10:24   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:57
how do nominations and stuff work with the court?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 5, 2002, 11:04   #3
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

we nominate
we elect
we serve
basically the same as directors, except that justices are only elected once every two months

i'm posting it this early so we can thrash out things
Old October 5, 2002, 11:09   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i cant become a judge

but after reading th constitution i found one think (a little bit late ) of troubles to get a appeal approved you have to ask the same judges you ruled against you (otherwise you wouldnt ask for an appeal) i think that is a bit srewed up maybe asking only the senior judges for it!?
Old October 5, 2002, 19:17   #5
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
i cant become a judge

but after reading th constitution i found one think (a little bit late ) of troubles to get a appeal approved you have to ask the same judges you ruled against you (otherwise you wouldnt ask for an appeal) i think that is a bit srewed up maybe asking only the senior judges for it!?
Firstly, there are no senior judges. Secondly, I think it's in there that you only need...I think two...judges to approve an appeal taking place. If people are impartial enough, this shouldn't be an issue.
Old October 5, 2002, 20:42   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
I could give it a shot. What would I have to do?
Old October 5, 2002, 21:08   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Re: The Court: Expressions of Interest
I would like to take a shot at this as well.
Old October 5, 2002, 21:13   #8
Darkness' Edge
Prince

The elected people would sit there and go about their normal business, until someone brings a complaint to the court's attention, usually by PM.

They would then hear the case. As far as what proceedings this takes - this will probably have to be put to a poll. I'd much rather we follow the C3DG, and have formal proceedings, but it's possible that we could make up our own, informal proceedings.

I've been thinking about this.

How about we close nominations on say, the 12th, and follow it up with 3-day elections, aiming for a November start?

This would allow the justices 15 days to get some sort of a workable system going before going into operation - similar to what we did with our first elections.
Old October 5, 2002, 21:15   #9
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
Sounds fine to me. I'm up for it!
Old October 6, 2002, 05:29   #10
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Post......DELETED

Last edited by Nubclear; October 6, 2002 at 16:21.
Old October 6, 2002, 07:48   #11
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Tass, read the first post.
Old October 7, 2002, 11:59   #12
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 03:57
I'll nominate myself. I have RL experience with law stuff which may come in handy but don't hold it against me.
Old October 7, 2002, 13:48   #13
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:57
I think only former members of the fundy faction should be eligible for court duty - they're already adept at doing off-hand judgements all the time after all...

I'm happy to see some candidates emerge here. Perhaps we're gonna have an interesting election.

Out of Character: Echinda! Moomin got himself a new car yesterday. I'll let you guess, but will help you with the clue that the letters "TT" feature prominently in the model name. Eat your heart out, familiy man!
Old October 7, 2002, 16:33   #14
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:57
*TKG *EVIL TERRORISTS must inform you that due to budget cut backs TKG's death trip to the Bahamas, this post has been KILLED erradicated

Last edited by Method; October 12, 2002 at 21:03.
Old October 7, 2002, 16:35   #15
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
/me feels he would like to at this as well.
Old October 7, 2002, 16:40   #16
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

AAAaaarrrggghhh!!!

Somebody make me a judge - I've got to get some power I can abuse to extract some revenge on Mr. Moomin for buying MY CAR!!

Grumble, grumble.

Seriously, though - congratulations. Go to the OT - I'll start a thread where you can share all the details.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:24   #17
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Hey guys - I changed my login ID to Groucho (from Echinda) but, of course, my nomination still stands.
Old October 8, 2002, 08:02   #18
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:57
Quote:
Originally posted by - Groucho -
Seriously, though - congratulations. Go to the OT - I'll start a thread where you can share all the details.
Thanks! I got up at 4 o'clock this morining to really give it as spin on open, empty highways... pure elation, I tell ya.

However, you won't be seeing me in OT. I've decided to keep out of that and you won't entice me to go back even to gloat and boast. I'm sneaking out from work early today to get some more quality time with my new love, and will happily reminicent 'bout the best car on Earth in, say, the Rec Commons tomorrow.

Oh, and your new handle and avatar are very nice. Groucho as a judge? You bet!
Old October 10, 2002, 06:38   #19
DeathByTheSword
King

i will top this like all the nomination thread (yes i can top now )
Old October 12, 2002, 18:49   #20
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Anyone else interested?

If not, could you please post the poll, DBTS? (seeing as our AT is MIA )
Old October 12, 2002, 21:05   #21
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Re: The Court: Expressions of Interest
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
TKG (maybe?)
hmmm, i'm not sure where you got that from, but, nahhhhh
Old October 12, 2002, 21:06   #22
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

I'd like to put my name in as well

-Mellian
Old October 13, 2002, 05:58   #23
DeathByTheSword
King

are you starting election or should I/my AT do that?
Old October 13, 2002, 16:21   #24
Schinkenjoe
Chieftain

Here´s just another interested person !
Old October 13, 2002, 17:35   #25
Darkness' Edge
Prince

DBTS - you post it.
Old October 14, 2002, 06:26   #26
DeathByTheSword
King

ya sure let the commissioner do it all......i will do it shortly
Old October 14, 2002, 12:11   #27
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:57
Well, crud. I wish this thread had looked important enough to look at. I thought it was another NGO or something.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 14, 2002, 12:26   #28
Method
Emperor

it was topped! how much more important can you get?