Old October 5, 2002, 10:52   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turn chat this sunday. 18.30 GMT
There will be a chat this sunday. The time of which I do not yet know. But it will probably be in the evening sometime.

The saves as we go along will go in here.

Last edited by OPD; October 6, 2002 at 10:06.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:40   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:58
Re: Turn chat this sunday. Time to be confirmed
Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
There will be a chat this sunday. The time of which I do not yet know. But it will probably be in the evening sometime.

The saves as we go along will go in here.
Is that Evening, U.K. time? Which would be Mid Afternoon Eastern time, or abouts. I'll try to be there.

E_T
Old October 5, 2002, 12:42   #3
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

yeah Uk time although it may be earlier I dunno yet.

Meet up in the poly chat first then decide what to do from there.
Old October 5, 2002, 12:47   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I do not think I will be able to attend.

I am prepairing updated orders now. Will post soon.
I will try to be there, but cannot promise as I need to work. Unless it is past 9:00 PM local (21:00 EST or about 1 am UK time) I will probably be out on a construction site (weather permitting).

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 5, 2002, 15:01   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:58
I should be able to be there, depending on EXACT time, so if GK, has any special items needing to be taken care of I could watch out for them for you.
Old October 5, 2002, 18:03   #6
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

Meet up in the poly chat first then decide what to do from there.
Great, I'm just starting to get the hang of mIRC, you go and pull this now.
I just hope it's straight forward as mIRC. Personally, I don't know what the problem with not finding Undernet that I had seen in the forums last week was all about. I've done chats exactly twice (first time was right after installing mIRC) and the second time was on Undernet, and I found it no problem.

E_T
Old October 5, 2002, 19:02   #7
OPD
King

We'll have the irc open aswell. I'm just saying meet in the poly room to decide on servers.
Old October 5, 2002, 23:11   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:58
Well, people... Good luck in the chat today... I'll not be able to be there (RL elections here in Brazil... ), but I'll download the saves to work on the maps, late in the night.
Again, good luck, guys!
Old October 6, 2002, 00:24   #9
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

I should be able to attend my first turnchat today. And if I can, I will also do my best to look out for CP issues along with Ghengis as I am a RA. Just remember that I am NOT an elected official so my "orders" are only suggestions
Old October 6, 2002, 06:34   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:58
I can be there as well...

don't worry donegeal, they do a pretty good job of following the orders on their own w/o needing much help. The primary way I've found to help is by keeping an absent minister's orders in another window so I can pop up that window and give them the orders if someone asks.

Other than that, it's just good to stay out of the way for the most part (it get's really bad when everyone is talking and the President can't tell where the actual orders are coming from)
Old October 6, 2002, 07:11   #11
Donegeal
Emperor

So your sayin "Show up and shut up"

If this is what my King desires this is what he will receive!
Old October 6, 2002, 07:17   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
That's generally what I try to do

There was an idea floating about in the turnchat before last that they should re-establish something of having 2 rooms... one in which everyone talks about everything and another room where the President actually receives orders from the minister (and everyone else shuts up). That way the president doesn't get as frustrated with everyone yelling at him.
Old October 6, 2002, 08:19   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:58
Ahem.

Well, there WAS a #civ3demMinisters chatroom as well that was just for the Ministers, but it stopped being used during my term when the turnchats happened at times that didn't suit the members of the public.

We could start using that again....?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 6, 2002, 08:44   #14
Donegeal
Emperor

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TIME SO I CAN SET MY ALARM!
Old October 6, 2002, 10:04   #15
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
In no way should you show up and shut. that would make for a boring chat. feel free to jsay as much as you like just don't always expect an answer to any questions straight away.

The chat will be at 6.30 PM GMT. Or 7.30PM UK time. I figure we'll use three room today. One for orders one for discussion of orders and one for general discussions. See you all in the poly civ3 room at 7.30 PM then.
Old October 6, 2002, 11:45   #16
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'll be able to be present though I am not sure if I will have access to a game for the beginning turns. However the orders are fairly clear and the only unforseen item would be an enemy unit appearing. If that happens just post a screenshot and I'll give orders. However with only 2 cities I doubt we'll see many units coming out to play. But I'll br present so will give be able to make such decisions.
Aggie
Old October 6, 2002, 12:44   #17
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

In no way should you show up and shut. that would make for a boring chat. feel free to jsay as much as you like just don't always expect an answer to any questions straight away.

The chat will be at 6.30 PM GMT. Or 7.30PM UK time. I figure we'll use three room today. One for orders one for discussion of orders and one for general discussions. See you all in the poly civ3 room at 7.30 PM then.
Sounds good
Old October 6, 2002, 14:20   #18
OPD
King

This is the save we'll bestarting from
Attached Files:
File Type: sav banana oofficial.sav (294.3 KB, 7 views)