Old October 11, 2002, 10:03   #31
Zero-Tau
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer
Noooooooooooo! No more dumbing down. I want a million cominations that I will never fully understand. Keeps it fresh.
You do have a point, but I'm afraid that having several different grades of each trait will make things more complicated without really adding anything.

For example, if you have 5 different grades of Industrious, would that correspond to worker speeds 50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, and 150%? IMO, that would make it a lot more complicated to figure out how well developed each of the other civs might be, but it doesn't really add much to the game.
Old October 11, 2002, 11:08   #32
Buster13
Civilization III PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:59
Maritime could include some of the traits of CTP water tiles (ahhh...a game where water tiles were good...).

+1 food/water tile in radius
additional +1 gold for a water bonus tile (fish & whales)
Instead of +1 movement on water all the time, maybe a reduced chance to sink on deep waters in the ancient era (with Galleys), and +1 movement to everything from Caravel on...

I don't know, just a couple of thoughts...since there were definitely civs that thought a bit more of the water than others...

Old October 11, 2002, 11:55   #33
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 03:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Destroyer
SMAC had it right though. With a bit of tweeking to make it relevant, it could have ben used in civ - just like the deplomacy ( oh Ill just stop now or Ill be here all day)
i never played SMAC too much, and never played online with anyone, but there were a few aspects I am sad about not making in to Civ3
Old October 12, 2002, 14:38   #34
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 08:59
In fact, Civ2 had some civ abilities.. (or civ2LTOT did at least) , each civ had a civility rating and expansionist rating I think, they mainly affected the amounts some sciences could be researched.. military civs could research millitary advances much quicker.

Its a shame this was dropped, but it was maybe a bit comlicated anyhow.. but might have helped the tech reserarch in civ3.

It might be better having all the abilities for each civ, but 2 abilities removed.. making penalties , not abilities.
Old October 12, 2002, 15:25   #35
MoonWolf
Prince

Local Time: 09:59
Quote:
Originally posted by aahz_capone
These are good ideas tiberius, but a problem with maritime is that it kills the wonders which give +1 movement on sea. if a marotime got those wonders, well a terime could go faster then a destroyer: very wierd.
Hopefully the movement rate of newer ships is increased in PTW meaning this won't be an issue

And about the doubble-traits... In a way it can be interesting, but I think doubble-military with twice attack and half science cost with doubble-scientific will be way to powerful.
Old October 18, 2002, 13:32   #36
Hail Caesar!
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:59
I like the Double-Industrious trait for America! Can't wait to build the UN in 5 turns!