Old October 6, 2002, 16:06   #1
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I am playing an amazing game as the Persians
After my so-so game with the Germans, I returned to my favorite civ: the Persians!

I started a new game as the Persians and this game is incredible.

I am numero 1 in every field. I have a huge territory. I am ahead in science, low corruption.

I destroyed the Americans early on with a massive Immortals rush. At one point, I had over 50 Immortals. Poor Abe didn't stand a chance.

Then, I severly piunished the Babylons. My empire was big enough, so I got a very favorable peace treaty. The Babs knew that I could have wipe them off the face of the Earth, because the AI offered me pretty much everything exchange for peace. IIRC, the Babs offered me all their techs, their world map, 2 luxuries, and 20 gold/turn. I just couldn't refuse.

Well, it's good to be in a game, where I am so far ahead.

By the way, how does one take screenshots? If anybody wants me to take a few snapshots, I can.
Attached Files:
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old October 6, 2002, 16:13   #2
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 05:01
IIRC, press the 'Prt Scr' button, typically found above the insert button.
Old October 6, 2002, 16:19   #3
The diplomat
King

I know about the "Print Scrn" button. I forgot where it stores the screenshot.
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
Old October 6, 2002, 17:42   #4
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 09:01
It stores them to the clipboard. Just go into a graphics package (MS Paint will do) and paste it onto an empty canvas. You'll have to reduce the size of the image and save it as a JPG if you want to attach it to a post.
Old October 6, 2002, 17:43   #5
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:01
The clip board and can be put into say paint or any such app. I often use hyperspnap.
Old October 6, 2002, 17:53   #6
The diplomat
King

thanks
Old October 6, 2002, 20:08   #7
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 09:01
print screen.. ooh that should be easier than having to switch to paintshop pro all the time to use its capture setup.
Old October 7, 2002, 11:36   #8
The diplomat
King

It was the early 1900's, and I am the uncontested lone superpower. I am a thousand points ahead of number 2.

The number 2 civ the Aztecs declared war against the small Greeks. I had a MPP with the Greeks, so I was immediately at war with the Aztecs. Now both the Aztecs and the Greeks are on a separate continent. The Aztecs's best was a few cavalry, mostly muskerman and below. I have tanks. I am so far ahead, I probably could have just ignored the Aztecs, it is not like they would be able to bother me.

Anyway, I did something very evil.

I decided to intervene. But I did not conquer them. I did worst. I decide to exterminate the entire civ, and let the puny Romans and smallish Greeks fight over the empty space.

So, I put about 20 tanks on transports and landed them on the Aztec shore. I split the tanks in 2 equal stacks. I move them up to Aztec, cities and raze them. Moved the tanks to the next cities and raze them. Then, moved them to the next cities and raze. It was a like a swarm of locusts or the Horseman of the Apocalypse. I was unstoppable.

I did this from city to city, until all 20 or Aztec cities were razed to rubble.

I literally razed the entire Aztec civ , city by city, every single city, to nothing. What was once a thriving and powerful empire, was now just empty land ready to be settled.

I know many of you have razed an entire civ and then resettled. But I did not even resettle. And they were not a threat to me, they were just too small to medium empires, technologically backward fighting each other, and I just decided to wipe one out. That is why it felt so evil. I exterminated an entire civ just because I could.

I felt kinda like the Vorlons or the Shadows in the show Babylon 5. This hugely powerful civ that can destroy any entire civ on a whim, without breaking a sweat.

I have over 100,000 culture points, but the Babs have lots of culture and so I have nor won by culture yet. It is 1960 AD, I have launched a HUGE blitzkrieg of tanks against my close neighbors the Babylons. 5 cities have been taken and there seems there is no stopping me.

Last edited by The diplomat; October 7, 2002 at 11:44.