Old October 7, 2002, 00:28   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
City Planning: Make your demands here
Zedd - get off your ass and do some work!

There is much noise about the need for more Triremes, so I opened this thread to be a place for all to put their demands/suggestions on what to build.

For myself, without directly looking at the save (lazy right now : ), every city should have at least 2 defenders, a temple and have produced at least two settlers early on (one for new city, one for terrain improvements). After that there should be a period when there is enhancement of the terrain going on, and it will not be profitable during most of this time to build any more improvements. Thus, I would ask for more Triremes and caravans wherever and whenever possible.

Thank you kind sir.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 7, 2002, 07:40   #2
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:02
well let me expand on this a little:
I want more triremes and more Diplomats... those second defensive units should come from relocation.

Shade
Old October 7, 2002, 07:56   #3
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 03:02
WoWs dips and ships please.
Old October 7, 2002, 08:01   #4
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:02
More amazonian virgins please

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old October 7, 2002, 08:33   #5
atomant
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 19:02
concur with Hydey' suggestion.... can we instruct our glorious science minister to discover this tech (and create this unit) immediately. I am sure the resulting happiness, without spending resources on luxuries, would be beneficial when we become a republic.

Seriously though (and don't call me Shirley) Dips, trims, and Musketeers (when available)
Old October 7, 2002, 13:48   #6
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 11:02
Ships dips and vans, and very important in rep: harbours and markets
Old October 7, 2002, 14:57   #7
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Hydey
More amazonian virgins please
a traderoute of those to our main land would be nice large profits

Shade
Old October 7, 2002, 15:22   #8
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 04:02
Limited ships, equipped with dips.

Many camels at all times -- trade and WoWs.

Harbors as appropriate, markets mucho everywhere.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old October 7, 2002, 16:49   #9
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Libraries and markets.
Old October 8, 2002, 11:42   #10
Marquis de Sodaq
King

build boats
train crafty diplomats
build harbors, libraries, and marketplaces

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old October 9, 2002, 15:42   #11
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 05:02
I overlooked the "what should we build?" portion of my Job (takes defensive position, awaits the knife throwing)

I concur with the need for more tiremes and for at least two defenders per city. I would prefer three on the coastal cities. however I am not the minister of War /Defense and i was under the impression that he would make the decision of when to build tiremes and units therefore i left those suggestions from my report in order to not step on any toes.

I am new at the ministerial thing so I f you want to make some demands (and let me know what is expected of one in my position) then feel free to do so here and I will make it happen. Ministers could email me with individual requests and I will answer them as they come.
Old October 9, 2002, 15:46   #12
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 05:02
Here is a copy of the text i sent to President Cavebear concerning my city planners report. and the goals I fealt we needed to reach.

[QUOTE]1. We need to increase population. Most of our cites are 2-3 pop and without the pyramids growth is slow but to make the best of this nation we will need a force of citizens to work the lands. i know we could celebrate in monarchy but I think someone told me it would not effect city size the way it would in demo or rep.

2.We need more roadways. again a time consuming ordeal but well worth it i think.

3. we have an Elvis working the streets of Corodoba when he should be working the fields. There are other Elvii arround but that was the only one that did not affect unhapiness.

4. We have some options for terrain improvements if we wish to proceed with them. Right now the small population makes teraforming unreasonable but i want to include my findings in this report. These cities have squares that when teraformed will produce a "SPECIAL"...........Seville, Salamanca, Vigo, and Saragossa.

Seragrossa is in a very strange special pattern and looks a little wierd but after extensive study I am convinced that there is a special in the location marked. Please see the attached JPEG files for images of these locations, the land tile is highlighted in red.

5. Last but not least I recomment that we hold Avila in mind as a trade /science city. The river and graasslands as well as the open sea with two "fish" specials Makes for some very large trade numbers. It also posesses a forrest that could be teraformed to produce maximum trade but i would suggest keeping it for the shields.
QUOTE]