Old October 9, 2002, 08:01   #31
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd
Welcome realpolitic.

Un, I know your a reporter at heart and want to hear all sides. And thats why you want this debate forum, which I'm sure the DIA can have thoughtful participation in.

Of course that would be left to party leadership, but I am offering to the leadership my services in presenting DIA positions.
Yeah, the obvious problem there is that our leadership has gone AWOL... I've sort of "assumed" the role of leadership, pending the return of our official leadership (assuming they are returning) and we can handle issues like that...
Old October 9, 2002, 08:51   #32
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Thud is back!

Thud,

1. Do you have any comments on my thoughts for a party platform? We need some discussion on this...

2. We need to start discussing who the DIA would be supporting in each race... I propose that we conduct questioning of each of the candidates in the campaign threads about their stances on our issues (as determined by our party platform for Term V... once that's done). Which leads me back to the fact that the party platform needs more discussion (HINT! HINT! .

Good to have you back
Old October 9, 2002, 13:51   #33
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

I'm back to I was on a short vacation. Well the parties doing well you can alway tell when because every one intrupts our threads.

Now as for structure we have one we just need to fill the positions.

here they are

President: Thud
Vice President: ?
Public Relations: ?
Leazon(sp?): ?

These empty ones need filled if you want to run for one and want a description PM me.

I'll run for Party VP.
Old October 9, 2002, 15:32   #34
Arnelos
Emperor

Ok... running for Public Relations here.

Btw... we should get discussion on that party platform for the term moving and moving toward conclusion so that we can use it as a basis for asking questions in the campaign threads... time is short on this and so far I'm the only one commenting... I'd like to hear other voices, PLEASE.

Integrating Thud's "Plan Erudition" name if not some of his specific arguments into some of my proposed items for the party platform might be a good place to start (HINT! HINT!)
Old October 11, 2002, 11:30   #35
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
hi ,

united we stand !

its about time some-one cleaned the dust from the DIA office , ...

now , who shall we assimilate first , what shall we control , where are the war plans , .....

have a nice day
Old October 11, 2002, 11:48   #36
Arnelos
Emperor

true...

I'm beginning to wonder if I really am completely alone in wanting to have anything resembling a party platform for the term...

I think I'll revise what I've already written to name-drop Thud's "Plan Erudition" and various aspects of it... then ask for DIA members to support that platform so that I can post it as official... (since no-one else seems interested in suggesting edits to it)
Old October 11, 2002, 13:07   #37
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

My favorite wars and just great for builders spy wars or in civ3 culture wars.
Old October 11, 2002, 15:34   #38
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Those running should be for, IMHO:

1. Switch to Republic as soon as possible.
2. Opposing further war, unless it is for the protection of our nation, or for the possibility of a GA.
3. Building of additional temples, where needed, marketplaces, and libraries/universities.
4. Triggering GA so we can attempt to close the gap in science. Whether its for addl funds to buy techs or for an increase in the science slider, either way is fine by me. Note, maybe we need to discuss the triggering of a GA, when we want it, and how. Many seem to want it later based on the poll by Aggie, though I think sooner is better. Any thoughts?
5. We should not stop building our military, this includes upgrading our defensive units when possible, as well as adding/upgrading offensive units when possible. We need to have a sizeable military to protect what we have. We need to make this clear to the rest of our nation, as many consider us weak militarily, but that is not true. We agree in a strong military and have supported the wars to this point, however, we do not believe war is the primary goal of this nation. A good solid infrastructure (public works), trade network, economy, culture and R & D, are more important. But a military is necessary to protect this, and keep out those who seek to take away what we have gained.

Thats what I think anyway, its a start if the leadership would like to use it to set up a platform for the coming elections.

EDIT: Note I edited after some input from Un, not aware of the recent American war ending already.

Last edited by jdjdjd; October 11, 2002 at 15:46.
Old October 11, 2002, 15:38   #39
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:03
jd, just to update you. America is finished. The war is already over. We took NY, and did not trigger the GA, I don't think, at least that part is not in the report, which is still pretty incomplete at the moment.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 11, 2002, 15:43   #40
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Thanks, let me edit my post then....
Old October 11, 2002, 18:41   #41
Arnelos
Emperor

Yeah!!! A big thankyou goes to to jdjdjd for posting what he'd like to see in the coming term in this thread (though several of your concerns are far more immediate than general goals for the next term, they are still plausible DIA goals for the immediate future!)