Old October 7, 2002, 19:29   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
$Mini-Game available tiles for New Players
Here's the most recent map of the $MiniGame tiles and the ones marked with letters are open for new players, and any not taken will be open to all eligible players in the next trading session.

Current Land Holdings..........
1)adaMada
2)Captain
3)civman2000
4)Darkness' Edge
5)Duddha

..."Dudeville"
6)Epistax
..."Epistan Plantation"
7)Franses
8)GhengisFarb

...a)"Ghengis Mountain"
...b)"Jungleister"
...c)"Apolyfield"
9)jdd2007
..."The Jungle Farm"
10)Jonny
11)Kloreep
12)Kramerman

..."Kramerman's Brothel Ranch"
13)Nimitz
14)notyoueither

..."The Mustang Ranch"
15)Rendelnep
..."Sam's Minor Land Holding"
16)Shiek
17)skywalker
18)Spiffor

..."Woodworks"
19)UnOrthOdOx
..."The Gazette Ranch"
20)=OttomusCeasar=
21)Apocalypse

(Cash $0, Debt $1000) Current production: 2 Food, 2 Commerce
Mystery City nw2 -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)
Mystery City nnw -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 8, 2002 at 23:35.
Old October 7, 2002, 19:53   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

New Players can borrow money to buy up to 3 tiles if their total value is less than $1000 or as much as you need on one tile. You have a 15 turn grace period that is interest free and tax free to pay back the loan. After the 15 turns are over you must pay 10% interest on your outstanding debt each turn.

A) $450 Chartres wnw -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

B) $200 Chartres nw2 -Jungle(1 food)

C) $450 Chartres W -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

D) $200 Chartres sw2 -Jungle(1 food)

E) $200 Chartres nnw -Jungle(1 food)

F) $1250 Chartres NW -Grassland(2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce)

G) $200 Chartres N -Jungle(1 food)

H) $450 Chartres S -Jungle w/ road(1 food, 1 commerce)

I) $500 Chartres nne -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

J) $200 Chartres NE -Jungle(1 food)

K) $1250 Chartres SE -Grassland(2 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce)

L) $500 Chartres sse -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

M) $500 Chartres E -Jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)

N) $750 Chartres se2 -Jungle w/ road & river(1 food, 2 commerce)

O) $500 Timeline wnw - (1 food, 1 commerce)

P) $1000 Timeline wsw - (2 food, 2 commerce)

Q) $750 Timeline nw2 - (2 food, 1 commerce)

R) $500 Timeline W - (1 food, 1 commerce)

S) $500 Timeline sw2 - (1 food, 1 commerce)

T) $1000 Timeline nnw - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

U) $500 Timeline NW - (1 food, 1 commerce)

V) $1500 Timeline SW - (3 food, 1 shield, 2 commerce)

W) $1500 Timeline S - (2 food, 2 shield, 2 commerce)

X) $1000 Timeline SE - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

Y) $1000 Timeline E - (2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)

Z) $500 Timeline ese - (1 food, 1 commerce)

DIRECTONAL LEGEND FOR TILE LOCATIONS
For Example, if the city was Timeline, the Green tile would be "Timeline wnw", and the blue tile would be "Timeline S".

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 9, 2002 at 11:03.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:02   #3
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:04
I would like O and P.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 7, 2002, 20:06   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Ghengis -- will current players get to borrow money on new land they want to buy? (Assuming there's any left?)

-- adaMada
Old October 7, 2002, 20:43   #5
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
Ghengis -- will current players get to borrow money on new land they want to buy? (Assuming there's any left?)

-- adaMada
Yes, if all the land is taken up I can just add Timeline and/or Gaia though.
Old October 7, 2002, 20:46   #6
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yes, if all the land is taken up I can just add Timeline and/or Gaia though.
Ok, thanks .

I guess I'll be buying a property or two then, since I think I need to get a bit more resources before I can really have a productive estate.

Wow, I'm actually getting the hang of this .

-- adaMada
Old October 8, 2002, 03:38   #7
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:04
I might try this. Could someone post a link to the rules?
Old October 8, 2002, 05:14   #8
awargod
Settler

Local Time: 19:04
Yeah, could someone please explain how exactly this works? Please?
Old October 8, 2002, 05:25   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Excellent. New players. Very good.

Remember, from small acorns mighty oaks grow. Or something like that.

Rules? Yes, ahem. Rules. Well... it takes just a bit to get the hang of it, but anyone who sticks with it does well. I had a slow start.

It all boils down to Demand and Supply, D:S. Each turn our cities and citizens demand so much food, shields and commerce. We, the noble we, own the land. We sell the commodities to the cities so that they may grow and prosper. Great system, eh?

The bigger the cites get, the greater the demand is. The more our lands are developed and the more we have to sell, the greater the supply is.

D:S at par is $100 for food and shields. For commerce it is $50. So if 50 food are demanded, but only 25 are sold the final market price is $200, or 100(50/25). If 100 food are sold, the final market price is $50, or 100(50/100).

During each turn you will have so many of each commodity available to sell. All of the players who post instructions may sell their commodities. You may post that you are selling and will accept any price above X. If you really want to sell, just say 'sell 2 food at $1 min'. Don't worry, it never gets to $1.

OTOH, you may want to build something. That takes shields. You may not have any shields, so you must buy them. Then you would say 'buying 1 shield at X max'. X being the amount you would be willing to pay for a shield.

At the end of the turn, all the commodities offered for sale are compared to the demand, and the final market price is arrived at. If your bids to sell are equal to or lower than the market price, you succeeded in selling and get some $. If your bids to buy are equal to or above the market price you have successfully bought what you wanted.

Why do you buy sheilds? Because then you can build things. Shields, when combined with labour, can be turned into buildings. Buildings do good things for you. They can give you a bonus when you sell your food or commerce (if you build an eatery or a shoppe). They can also turn your commodities into finished products, like beer.
Beeeer goooooooood! *hand sweep*

You hire labour by buying vassels, or by hiring from the cities. If you have vassels, they may eat food (if you have more than 1) or if you hire from a city the supply is equal to the pop and the demand is equal to the number of labour being hired in that city that turn. You rehire each turn as needed.

Simple! eh?

But hold on. It gets better. From time to time we change the rules a bit. We do this by agreement (mostly) and because Ghengis feels like it (a bit). He does all the work. He makes the rules (mostly) because he does all the work and he keeps score. For that to make sense, you have to tune in for a bit.

To see what the current rules are, see the first post of this thread:
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=63680
that will explain the various buildings and what-not.

Welcome! And remember, now you're a noble.

Last edited by notyoueither; October 8, 2002 at 05:32.
Old October 8, 2002, 05:48   #10
Donegeal
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Welcome! And remember, now you're a noble.
Oh, NOW I'm a noble?

Ha! I run an entire province!
Old October 8, 2002, 09:04   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

The following link has links to all of the trading sessions. Each session has a synopsis of the rules in the first couple of posts.

Main thread and directory

Basically, each tile can produce FOOD, SHIELDS, and/or COMMERCE just like they do in the real game.

At the beginnning of a trade session (which typically last 72 hours) the demand and supply numbers for each resource are stated and you simply post that you want to sell or buy stuff. The final price is determined by how much is demanded and offered for sale.

If the market demands 20 FOOD and the players sell 10 FOOD then the price is 20 divided by 10 or 200% this percentage is divided by the Base Rate for each product which is $100 (or $50 for COMMERCE). But all of that is calculated by the Banker. Players simply have to decide if they want to sell and how much they want to sell.

You can also build retail business and companies that turn raw resources into finished goods which sell for more money. Building anything requires 1 shield or halfShield and 1 labor/vassal to convert the shield into the building.

It may seem confusing at first but if you look at what other players post it fairly easy to learn.
Old October 8, 2002, 09:32   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

cool. New players.

These lands are only for new players, correct? Then after x# of days they will be available in Turn XI?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 09:48   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
cool. New players.

These lands are only for new players, correct? Then after x# of days they will be available in Turn XI?
yes, if the new players will choose lands I may start XI today.
Old October 8, 2002, 13:18   #14
Donegeal
Emperor

Sorry, not buying any land as yet, but I am going to watch more closely
Old October 8, 2002, 14:13   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

nye, would you trade me your tile directly north of Mystery City (aka Gotham aka Ghengistown) for 8e. Their exactly the same, but I'm trying to clear up some unfinished business between players and 8e won't work.
Old October 8, 2002, 14:47   #16
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Are we allowed to trade tiles?

Ghengis, would you trade me the two southern secitons of 8F for the two tiles of mine that are not 'connected' (one grassland, one jungle). I really want my lands one area...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 15:00   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Ghengis, would you trade me the two southern secitons of 8F for the two tiles of mine that are not 'connected' (one grassland, one jungle). I really want my lands one area...
Heck no, those are river tiles! I bought'em for the extra commerce, now if you get some river tiles to trade we can talk.

Although, I don't plan on owning all these tiles for the whole game. I eventually plan on selling most of them off except for a few strategic ones and concentrate on retail and manufacturing by buying raw resources from other players. I only bought them to speed up my $ production until then.

You might see if you could trade your two tiles to Epistax as he hasn't shown up for a long time and has a HUGE stockpile.
Old October 8, 2002, 15:24   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

What about 8b? I don't know what you got built there, or if they have been cleared, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 16:55   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
What about 8b? I don't know what you got built there, or if they have been cleared, though.
I'm trying to cook up a deal to get a trade for that tile of adaMada's in the middle to solidify that chunk.

Have you tried an offer with jdd2007 for his lower jungle w/ river tile?

Did you try to talk to Epistax? If he doesn't start paying off his debt the 15 turn grace period will be over and he may lose those tiles anyway so why not trade them to you and solidify your territory.
Old October 8, 2002, 17:19   #20
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Hmmm. Haven't seen him around lately. Forgot about those two, and they are Termina as well...home of the Gazette...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 17:20   #21
adaMada
King

Quote:

I'm trying to cook up a deal to get a trade for that tile of adaMada's in the middle to solidify that chunk.

Have you tried an offer with jdd2007 for his lower jungle w/ river tile?

Did you try to talk to Epistax? If he doesn't start paying off his debt the 15 turn grace period will be over and he may lose those tiles anyway so why not trade them to you and solidify your territory.
Ghengis,
While we're all here, do you want to go ahead and make an offer?

-- adaMada
Old October 8, 2002, 17:25   #22
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Ghengis,
While we're all here, do you want to go ahead and make an offer?

-- adaMada
I was planning on offering 8d once it got developed but it hasn't been improved yet. I would trade 8d and $ for your tile sw of Tassagrad if you'll tell how much $ you want in the deal. You could use the $ to bid on more tiles next turn.

You know, I've been thinking it would be nice if each of the players had a coat of arms they could attach as an image to the bottom of thier proposed trade post in the sessions and I could incorporate them into the deeds map.

If you have anything specific you would like I could try to make something.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 8, 2002 at 17:33.
Old October 8, 2002, 17:37   #23
adaMada
King

Quote:

I was planning on offering 8d once it got developed but it hasn't been improved yet. I would trade 8d and $ for your tile sw of Tassagrad if you'll tell how much $ you want in the deal. You could use the $ to bid on more tiles next turn.
If I'm reading the map right, my tile's outside of Poly, not Tass -- it's possible I'm reading it wrong now, though, since I never worked out all the systems for giving tile location (considering you ran my estate until recently... Your new systems are much easier then the originals, but I'm still catching on.) Still, if I'm counting correctly, don't I have Apolyton WNW (?)?

Assuming you do know what tile I have or that I'm counting wrong (probably me counting wrong), is there anything on 8d? Is it grassland or plains?

-- adaMada

EDIT: Coat of Arms: Would be cool if we all had them, but my graphics ability is nill, so mine'd be lousy . Still, it's a good idea overall -- there could be a subsitute for anyone who can't get/make themselves a Coat of Arms for whatever reason, such as a special text-based Signature maybe (ASCII art perhaps?) that would be destinctive enough to keep things fun for them (though I don't know if that'd work that well on the Map, so maybe not...)
Old October 8, 2002, 17:43   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

If I'm reading the map right, my tile's outside of Poly, not Tass -- it's possible I'm reading it wrong now, though, since I never worked out all the systems for giving tile location (considering you ran my estate until recently... Your new systems are much easier then the originals, but I'm still catching on.) Still, if I'm counting correctly, don't I have Apolyton WNW (?)?

Assuming you do know what tile I have or that I'm counting wrong (probably me counting wrong), is there anything on 8d? Is it grassland or plains?

-- adaMada
No your right I meant to say Kloreep's tile. You only have the one tile right now and it's better you keep it and bid on more land next turn. After next turn we might work out a deal depending on what other tiles you get.
Old October 8, 2002, 17:46   #25
adaMada
King

Quote:

No your right I meant to say Kloreep's tile. You only have the one tile right now and it's better you keep it and bid on more land next turn. After next turn we might work out a deal depending on what other tiles you get.
Ah -- that makes much more sense.

Yea, I'm in no rush to get rid of my single tile (though hopefully I'll be able to change that next turn) -- it's a pretty nice piece of property.

-- adaMada
Old October 8, 2002, 23:33   #26
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Updated map. Added more tiles as I realized that Termina and Gaia combined had more tiles than I had letters of the alphabet so if I added more now I could finish Timeline and Gaia in the next set.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	deeds market6.gif
Views:	34
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	26558  
Old October 9, 2002, 01:57   #27
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
nye, would you trade me your tile directly north of Mystery City (aka Gotham aka Ghengistown) for 8e. Their exactly the same, but I'm trying to clear up some unfinished business between players and 8e won't work.
Well, mine is nominally more valuable as it is adjacent to a city and may be developed sooner. OTOH, yours is ideally situated for being cleared for a road linking Ghengistown, Timeline and notthereeither (Chartres).

Oh well, it's a dice game and could go either way so OK. If you still want it.
Old October 9, 2002, 09:04   #28
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

Well, mine is nominally more valuable as it is adjacent to a city and may be developed sooner. OTOH, yours is ideally situated for being cleared for a road linking Ghengistown, Timeline and notthereeither (Chartres).

Oh well, it's a dice game and could go either way so OK. If you still want it.
Deal, all though I have no idea which will get cleared first.

jdd2007, to you want to buy my new tile 8e for $500 so you and =Ottomus= can do that tile trade you had been working on?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	deeds market6.gif
Views:	23
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	26595  
Old October 9, 2002, 09:21   #29
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
I would be willing to trade you the southern most tile of 8f for those two tiles.

My one tile produces 2 food, 2 shields and 2 commerce.

Your 2 tiles produce 3 food and 1 commerce.

You would be trading 2 for 1 but generating 50% more production and it is adjacent to your other tiles.
Old October 9, 2002, 10:20   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Agreed. 2 for one it is.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby