Old October 8, 2002, 06:26   #1
Daftpanzer
Warlord

Local Time: 10:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Problems with enslave option in apolyton mod
I have been enjoying the apolyton mod for ctp2, i like the options you get when you capture a city. However there was one coastal enemy city that i couldnt enslave. When I selected enslave, nothing happened, it was as if the computer didnt know where to put the settler and slaver. Maybe this was because it was a coastal city, there was a lack of space?

The options window for what do to with the city stayed open even after i clicked on enslave. So I was able to select 'extend empire' and i captured the city as normal, but i noticed an enemy settler with very low health just to the south of the city (the same civ as the city i captured), which looked to me like the enslave effect had started but no slavers had appeared.....

I re-tried enslaving the city over and over again from a saved game just before i captured it, but the above problem kept happening.

I possibly had another problem with enslave, after capturing a city of about size 10 I am sure that i got only a couple of slaves from it. This was the first time I tried enslaving so I didnt think anything of it....

I was able to capture and enslave several other cities without any problems. This isnt a major issue but I searched the forums didnt find any references to this. Is there something im doing wrong?

Also I noticed that the enslave option is still available after the emancipation act has been built, this seemed quite strange...

I have just rememberd something else, I discovered the mexicans in 1000bc and i noticed that they already had about 6 large cities of 15+ pop and had improved virtually all their terrain with farms, roads, trading posts etc. It was as if they were getting massive amounts of free public works. After I captured one of their cities I got around 10,000 public works! This was at a time when I had managed only a couple of farms and road. Maybe the A.I was just devoting lots of resources to PW? I dont remeber this ever happening in normal ctp2.

Im not complaining tho, since their spare PW helped develop my land and I caprtued some nice developed terrain from them

Last edited by Daftpanzer; October 8, 2002 at 06:33.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:33   #2
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Quote:
Also I noticed that the enslave option is still available after the emancipation act has been built, this seemed quite strange...
It's not enslaving anymore but moving the population to other cities.
Quote:
I am sure that i got only a couple of slaves from it
Did you take into account that not all slaves go to the same city but that it checks for units in the cities to safely control the slaves?
If you still have the savegame post it, I'm sure that'll help Martin. The code is his work.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:39   #3
Daftpanzer
Warlord

Quote:
Did you take into account that not all slaves go to the same city but that it checks for units in the cities to safely control the slaves?
I had a look around for slaves but if i remeber correctly there were only 2 taken. 2 cities nearby had 1 slave. The cities were recently catprued, but probably only had one hopltie/pikeman and one archer defending... maybe there was nowhere to send the slaves?

I will try to attatch the savegame with the other bug where i couldnt enslave at all.

I dont want to sound like I am being over-critical

I am still enjoying this mod very much
Old October 8, 2002, 06:55   #4
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

You don't. Any feedback is always appreciated!
Old October 8, 2002, 12:59   #5
Daftpanzer
Warlord

I played this again and there is something I forgot, when i select the enslave option and it doesnt work, the city is still destroyed! The conquer option box stays open until I click extend empire (none of the other buttons work after enslave is clicked once) but i dont get the city since it has dissapeared.

O.K I am attempting to attach the savegame.....

Near the right middle of the map the is a large bay with sea to the south. On the right of the bay there is a coastal swedish city, Norrkoping i think, (this is where the problem happens every time i try). I have an army of infantrymen and cannon ready to invade the city, it has always fallen every time ive tried (i think they have a couple of knights and catapults).

Thanks anyone who takes a look at this...

PS this is ctp2 with the latest patch, apolyton mod running and 16 civs altogether I think.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip enslave problem-860ad.zip (389.8 KB, 3 views)
Old October 9, 2002, 13:28   #6
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:05
I think mapfi has a version without the bug, but that one included also a non working MP fix.

All you have to do is to find the file APOL_KillCityOption.slc inb your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder, open it with any text editor of your choice e.g. notepad or a better one.

Then search this line (it is line 124):

Code:
if (((TerrainType(MGUnitLoc1)<=9)||(18<=(TerrainType(MGUnitLoc1))<=21))&&(MG_OK2 == 0)) {//check if neighbour tile is a land tile
Modify it so it looks like this one:

Code:
if (((TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=9)||((18<=TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2))&&(TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=21)))&&(MG_OK2 == 0)) {//check if neighbour tile is a land tile

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; October 13, 2002 at 12:33.
Old October 10, 2002, 05:51   #7
Daftpanzer
Warlord

Hey, my first piece of SLIC editing! cool

Thanks very much Martin, I will go and try to get this working....
Old October 10, 2002, 12:09   #8
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

One piece of information I forgot, yesterday:

If you want to see the effect in your existing game then you have to reloadslic before you conquer the city. To do this just open the chat screen within the game by typing the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
Old October 11, 2002, 09:39   #9
Daftpanzer
Warlord

Martin,

I keep getting a 'syntax error' message when im starting ctp2 after I replace that line. Ive tried a couple of times, looking for a repeated 'for' or bracket etc but I couldnt find anything...

what am i doing wrong?

Old October 11, 2002, 12:00   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daftpanzer
Martin,

I keep getting a 'syntax error' message when im starting ctp2 after I replace that line. Ive tried a couple of times, looking for a repeated 'for' or bracket etc but I couldnt find anything...

what am i doing wrong?

I think I forgot one bracket, I fixed the code above, it contained also another syntax error. If you are not shure if the term has the right number of brackets just count them. If you start your count you have 0 open brackets, if you have one open bracket appear then add 1 to your bracket count, if you have an closing bracket then subtract one from your bracket count. If your bracket count during counting gets negative, the number of brackets in the term is wrong. When you added the last bracket to your bracket count and it is 0 you have the right number of brackets otherwise otherwise the number of open and closing brackets is wrong.

-Martin
Old October 12, 2002, 10:46   #11
Daftpanzer
Warlord

Ok thanks Martin ive got the new line... I will go and try it out.
Old October 12, 2002, 15:29   #12
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Re: Problems with enslave option in apolyton mod
Quote:
Originally posted by Daftpanzer
... When I selected enslave, nothing happened, it was as if the computer didnt know where to put the settler and slaver.
experienced the same in a cradle game some time ago, but didn't really care, had problems with my average city containing between 5-15 citizens and several times the amount of slaves anyway. annoying thing was i had to do a bloodbath, because enslavebutton just did nothing and i really had no use for that city over my citymaxlimit in a stupid location
Old October 12, 2002, 17:32   #13
ETB
Warlord

Local Time: 04:05
I would select the “Enslave” option and if nothing happened then I would select “Extend Empire” and the city would be disbanded. I’m not certain what happened to the people or slaves. I always assumed that I wasn’t accumulating slaves, but I would get rid of the city!
Old October 13, 2002, 00:44   #14
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 06:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
Code:
if if (((TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=9)||((18<=TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2))&&(TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=21)))&&(MG_OK2 == 0)) {
Martin,
There are two 'if' here in case tou havent noticed

EDIT:
So it should look like this:
Code:
if (((TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=9)||((18<=TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2))&&(TerrainType(MGUnitLoc2)<=21)))&&(MG_OK2 == 0)) {
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; October 13, 2002 at 12:43.
Old October 13, 2002, 12:35   #15
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedrunn
Martin,
There are two 'if' here in case tou havent noticed
Edit above post again, it should be now right.

-Martin