Old October 8, 2002, 11:05   #1
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
stupid question about saves
I've wanted to download the game save but am unfamiliar with what it takes to load once I have it. Is it a file that will need to be unzipped or other? Can it be brought up immediately? please, someone, whats the score here... whats next?
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi
Old October 8, 2002, 11:11   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

You need to put it in the saves folder where you have you game installed. If it was a standard installation: Should be something like C:\Program Files\InfroGames\Civilization III\saves

Make sure the save downloads as a .sav file, though. We have had some reports of trouble with that. Watch the Download box, if it wants to start as a .php, change the name to : whatever.sav, and change the file type to *.* before downloading.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 8, 2002, 11:38   #3
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

re:
thanks, unortho

I'll have to check but I think it did come through as a php the first time.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi