Old October 8, 2002, 22:02   #1
Narz
Civilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Anyone on right now?
I want get a MP game right now (ASAP), to be continued every night this week at 10PM EST until completion, if you read this within the next 30 minutes, ICQ me @ 162893046

Otherwise you can still ICQ me anyway to exchange contacts.

- Narz
Old October 8, 2002, 22:07   #2
Narz
Warlord

Not enough players.

If you'd like to join, show up tomorrow night at 10PM. The game will be on a large, random map with small land mass, continents, everything else normal.

King difficulty, 1x1

Be good, cause I'm good and it won't be fun if you're too easy

See you there.

- Narz

BTW, if you plan to skip out on the game if it doesn't go according to plan, don't join, otherwise please do!
Old October 8, 2002, 23:32   #3
HappySunShine
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:07
I fail to see why the players need to be good to be in your game judging by your settings. On that size a map with that production level and movement rate, you might as well play against the AI because you obviously are not looking for human interaction. You must also be looking to continue the game over many sessions. You'd probably be better off just playing with the AI, MP is just not for you. Or perhaps you should just take up a different game, you obviously are not good enough to compete with human players. Better yet, just quit computer games all together. It can't be healthy to be this bad at something and yet continue to do it.
Old October 9, 2002, 04:20   #4
srholmes
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:07
don't worry about his stirring narz. see the thread 'who is eyes of night' which i started when i first came across him.

some of us 'newbies' (as HSS see us) are happy to play a range of settings, including yrs....
Old October 9, 2002, 12:19   #5
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:07
I see Eyes has been spreading his own special brand of sunshine yet again.
Old October 10, 2002, 11:52   #6
Narz
Warlord

Damn, some people can be so outright hostile. Its a good thing I'm a secure individual though I admit hearing some completely unwarranted drivial such as Sunshine's does cause a certain primal urge of violence to rise up in me momentarily.

I guess no one appreciates a long game where stratagy and long term planning are more important than cranking out elephants and diplomats and winning as fast as possible. For the record though Mr. Sunshine I will take you on any day of the week, doesn't matter 2x2 on a small map with large continents, I've played such games before, I will crush you.

Of course, I don't expect you to rise to the occassion, your type is usually just content to make a few inflamatory remarks and then disappear into the woodwork when someone asks you to put your money where your mouth is.

But hey, you can always prove me wrong.

---------------------------------------------

To all others, I still have not started the game yet, as of last night I only had one other player online who was available to play and I'm looking for at least four (including myself), if you sign on tonight around 11PM this time, hopefully we can get started.

- Narz (ICQ# = 162893046)
Old October 10, 2002, 23:24   #7
HappySunShine
Warlord

You obviously aren't fully aware of who you just challenged.
Old October 11, 2002, 00:20   #8
Narz
Warlord

Quote:
You obviously aren't fully aware of who you just challenged.
Sure I am, I challanged some arrogant bastard who calls himself HappySunshine

So do you accept or not? With your specs that game shouldn't take too long. So saddle up your high horse and wear some padding cause you're about to be knocked off.

- Narz
Old October 11, 2002, 00:51   #9
Nicosar
Chieftain

Narz, narz..... you should've used a more cunning euphomism, my friend, that one's been used up to drained and wasted emptiness by my fellow comrades here at Apoly. It seems certain players ride horses and enjoy falling off of them. Me? I prefer dogs, theyre smaller than me.

But I adress this mainly for Eyes, because I am looking for an extra player for my Master Challenge, which has seen very recetly the most unfortunate withdrawal of, ironically, Narz, due to unfixable Mac-PC scenario compatibility problems, which though fixable maybe, have eluded all of us so far.

It is curious though, Eyes, that you would boast to be a master and yet claim that 1x1x is for beginners and fools. What if chess, Eyes, the centuries-old game on which civ is loosely grounded on had two sets of each color of pieces instead of one and they could move in two directions instead of the one most of them normally can make? You think any chess master would take such a game seriously. No. He'd think you were some hyper kid who doesnt actually understand the game's roots besides his clever use of tricks and formulas, and that true strategy eludes him; simply because he is wiiling to sacrifice ALL the physics of the game that define it, just to satisfy his amateur impatience. I think this of you, of course (its hard not to, think about what 2x2x really is...), though i still consider you with some respect for your show of spirit, which is rare, but I want to see if you could last even a little while in an arena where strategy counts most, and all the trix of the former civ have been removed. You know, tricks Like big moves and big shield rates for jittery people who cannot stand having to figure things out the harder, realistic way.

Perhaps you like that better so you can have huge armies without careful planning and management? I always have huge armies, and navies to boot, big ones, but I dont need tricks, its quite possible to attain them in the normal game.

So, I am challenging you (once again), a master by claim, to a game that was made by another master, but this is one is certified at least by his knowledge of basic concepts which cannot be so foolishly thrown away, and game design, which you would attest to if you played on my gameboard, if not by his skill. Please, Im sure you know where my game thread is, I welcome you; let yourself be heard, but i beg of you, try to take my offer seriously, I really do want you playing and would be honored to have you at my game. All the above is I just what I hope was a legitimate criticism of any who would even think of playing with such stupid settings.

----The Gameplayer----
Old October 11, 2002, 01:06   #10
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicosar
So, I am challenging you (once again), a master by claim, to a game that was made by another master,
Have you EVER beat anybody???? The last two games of yours that we saw the save files for show a total lack of understanding of the game... so "another master"...

Maybe a master of whining about bad luck... but that's about it.

Have fun with your response eyes
Old October 11, 2002, 01:57   #11
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:07
Sean,how about a rematch? I should be available on saturday night,early evening your time.
Or some weekday except wednesday and thursday.
Old October 11, 2002, 12:31   #12
HappySunShine
Warlord

I see no point in playing a deity game smartfart. You already admitted that deity does nothing to add to the game and that it slows it down and allows lesser players to keep in the game. Therefore a game with you would be pointless since the only reason I would ever play deity is to prove that. Now if you want to play another setting I will. Otherwise you would just be a waste of my time.
Old October 12, 2002, 18:17   #13
SmartFart
Civilization II MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEM
King

Local Time: 11:07
Is that so? I was thinking about Pyramids / HG duel on deity. Getting a tribe in 1st 10 turns didn't actally proved anything. Or if you think it was,then I agree with you.
Old October 12, 2002, 21:00   #14
HappySunShine
Warlord

I'm sorry, did I say anything about the game? I only stated what you said. Now if you have a problem with that, you should take that up with yourself.
Old October 13, 2002, 08:05   #15
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Eyes, you should play this Narz character either way.
Old October 13, 2002, 12:02   #16
Narz
Warlord

So Sunshine, how is it? Will you play me or are you a coward? I already agreed to play you on your primative settings (small world, 2x2). You have no excuses. You failed to respond to my PM and now you seem to be evading me altogether... Whats up?

- Narz (ICQ# 162893046)
Old October 13, 2002, 12:39   #17
HawkHunter
Warlord

i'll play ya 2x2 king small if ya like Narz..... ICQ me i'll be on all day
Old October 13, 2002, 13:40   #18
HappySunShine
Warlord

Well, he lost both games, and I have to say I have never seen anyone so bad at the game before. This guy is a complete joke. He's never played a game without AI before. Don't waste your time on him.
Old October 13, 2002, 15:13   #19
Narz
Warlord

I played Sunshine. I lost. I will be honest. I have no one to blame but myself. I sacrificed my standards to play a primitive 2x2 game on a tiny map and then because of my bitterness and need for revenge I let him dictate the rules governing the 2nd game as well. I did have bad luck both games, no settlers or cities from huts or any starting tech, but still I lost, no excuses.

I should warn other gamers however that Sunshine is an extremely obnoxious and abusive opponent, constantly swearing and using such imaginative insults as "idiot" and "stupid". One such line when I told him of my lag (which I rarely have with other opponents) "You are so f***ing stupid, the host can't have lag!". Sunshine seemed to have alot of knowledge that actually was false (I actually did have lag), but as with most arrogant people, Sunshine did not let the facts get in the way of his opinions. He also constantly belittled the CivFanatics site and its users, saying the only true way to play was on a tiny map 2x2 with no other Civs, this was the "ladder" way, anyway who played otherwise was a "rook".

I present another challange to the player who can "beat me under any settings".

King, 1x1, barbs - villages or roving
Large map
Small land mass
Contients
all other settings doesn't matter to me

and the kicker for you Sunshine : no huts.

This will change your statagy of madly hunting for free cities and military hoping to quickly find your opponent with your 4 moves per turn horse, madly poping all huts along the way. This is a very primative and quite dull way to play, insulting the game itself. Its like playing a 3 minute chess game where the first 6 moves are detirmined by rolls of the die. I doubt you will be up for the challange, probably offering some lame excuse such as : "I don't have time for f***ing rookies like you". But its doubtful that is a true statement. Its doubtful someone as arrogant and obnoxious as yourself would have many friends with which to spend your time...

- Narz
Old October 13, 2002, 15:29   #20
HappySunShine
Warlord

Need I say more? ANd you sound alot like Nicosar.
Old October 13, 2002, 19:15   #21
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

I just love when people whine about the settings THEY AGREE TO PLAY TO. If you agree to play with specific settings, don't even bother to use them as excuse later after you lose. If you don't like the settings... DON'T PLAY THEM... and if you do, DON'T WHINE ABOUT THEM.

It seems like the "settings" are now the second biggest excuse for lossing, right after "bad" luck... HA HA HA HA
I guess there is no skill in playing civ
Old October 13, 2002, 19:50   #22
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 02:07
Hope off your high horse Ming. He admitted he lost, and fine he did whine about the settings a bit, but i've noticed you being very unfriendly to new people in our forum.

Last edited by Makeo; October 13, 2002 at 19:56.
Old October 13, 2002, 20:04   #23
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

To be fair some newcomers ask for a bashing by loudly proclaiming their excellence then failing to come even close.........but I agree we should welcome additions to the posters here.
Old October 13, 2002, 20:12   #24
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:07
Yes leave him alone Ming, not everyone can be as good as Rasputin and beat the mighty EON figjam.

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old October 13, 2002, 20:16   #25
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:07
I see Eyes made short work of Narz, as expected.
Old October 13, 2002, 20:21   #26
HappySunShine
Warlord

Ban Makeo Ming.
Old October 13, 2002, 20:25   #27
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 02:07
Old October 13, 2002, 20:36   #28
Narz
Warlord

Ming, you are absoultely right, I should not have been so cocky myself and agreed to play on such ridiculous settings.

My intent with this thread was to gather others for a game, I got caught up in a pride war and allowed myself to be pulled into unfamiliar territory, like a sap who gets caught up in a game of three card monty.

But rather than fight and further tarnish my good name I again restate my challange from the first page. 1x1, large map, small land mass, continents, king or emp. difficulty, barb level=villages or roving bands. Climate and age (of planet) are not particularly important to me.

As for AI I am flexable. Personally I think having AI makes the game more interesting but I suppose for a purist, the AI is a distraction. I admit the AI's ability to be manipulated and demanded tribute from can give an advantage to the person who meets them first but frankly, Civ II is not the best one on one game and the AI's presense, to me, enrichs the game. Still, I am flexable on this issue.

Since we'll be playing on a larger map huts should not be a problem. Personally I think they take away from the game though. I've played MP games where I've wiped out a hapless opponent (whose Warriors wandered away from the capital) with a hut-found-horse (on 2x2) and it didn't give me much satisfaction.

So, my question is, are there any out there who are willing to play with my settings?

- Narz
Old October 13, 2002, 20:38   #29
Narz
Warlord

To get in contact with me, please messege me on ICQ and I will add you name or you can send me a PM.

- Narz (ICQ# = 162893046)
Old October 13, 2002, 20:53   #30
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Makeo
Hope off your high horse Ming. He admitted he lost, and fine he did whine about the settings a bit, but i've noticed you being very unfriendly to new people in our forum.
I'm unfriendly to all jerks who come here and announce how none of us play the "true" game, and how they are masters... and blah blah blah...

I was indeed giving Narz grief for agreeing to playing on those settings... But at least he has proved in other games that he has a clue... unlike the Other guy I have been Unfriendly too because of his attitude and no skill to back it up