View Poll Results: If you had to decide now who to vote for, which candidate would you choose?
WhiteBandit 5 19.23%
Ninot 5 19.23%
MrWhereItsAt 8 30.77%
Undecided 7 26.92%
Do not intend to vote in this election 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 9, 2002, 22:29   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
UNofficial Early Presidential Campaign Poll
This is a highly UNOFFICIAL early Presidential campaign poll...

The question is simple...

If you had to decide today who to vote for in the Presidential election, which candidate would you choose:

WhiteBandit
Ninot
MrWhereItsAt
Undecided
Do not intend to vote in this election
Old October 9, 2002, 22:31   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As with all polls I start... I will wait until around 5 people have voted until I vote, lest my own vote affect the voting (though this is sorta moot with Apolytonian voting because everyone can see the running tally )
Old October 9, 2002, 22:44   #3
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

last time i was in one of these, it was against Trip.... and it was a bad omen.

it ended almost tied i believe.
Old October 9, 2002, 22:51   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 03:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
As with all polls I start... I will wait until around 5 people have voted until I vote, lest my own vote affect the voting (though this is sorta moot with Apolytonian voting because everyone can see the running tally )
How can you tell? You have to vote to see what the votes are.
Old October 9, 2002, 22:52   #5
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

How can you tell? You have to vote to see what the votes are.
uhm, he CAN check votes before he votes. its an option.
Old October 9, 2002, 22:57   #6
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot

uhm, he CAN check votes before he votes. its an option.
Yup, all I have to do is hit that fun little "view results" button here
Old October 9, 2002, 23:24   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Yes, the last set of pre-polls inspired quite a bit of debate...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 9, 2002, 23:27   #8
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Yes, the last set of pre-polls inspired quite a bit of debate...
yes indeed. it inspired a code of citizen freedoms, or something of the sort, if im correct.
Old October 9, 2002, 23:50   #9
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:10
these kind of polls aren't good
Old October 10, 2002, 00:13   #10
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Not good at all.
Old October 10, 2002, 00:43   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:10
Re: UNofficial Early Presidential Campaign Poll
Quote:
This is a highly UNOFFICIAL early Presidential campaign poll...

The question is simple...

If you had to decide today who to vote for in the Presidential election, which candidate would you choose:

WhiteBandit
Ninot
MrWhereItsAt
Undecided
Do not intend to vote in this election
Oh you wicked, wicked candidate. Careful lest I start a VP opinion poll thread! i choose not to vote in this poll, and I hope others will follow my leadership..... and they do the same on election day.

HEY! I just remembered - I escaped having an opinion poll after my term as Prez! YAY!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 10, 2002, 00:53   #12
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 05:10
Haha, teh n00b is winning.

How intense.
Old October 10, 2002, 00:55   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i thought these were banned?
Old October 10, 2002, 02:00   #14
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
If so, that should be in the CoL, now shouldn't it?

I specifically looked through the CoL before I posted it and found that any poll marked as unofficial or at least not marked as official was open and free to be conducted as seen fit by the poster... if you want to ban this type of thing, I can see (based upon the comments above) that it's something worth considering... then why not suggest such a constitutional amendment and get it passed?

Personally, though I wasn't there for any previous nastyness, I don't really see the harm. Most pre-polls are so thoroughly meaningless that's really nothing more than an amusing distraction

And as for whether to start a pre-poll about my race... if I started one about your's, do you honestly think I care if you start one about mine? (though I guess Unortho has now stated that he does) Seriously, the results of such a poll are so completely meaningless that it shouldn't worry even if they have very little "supposed" support from this. The sheer size of the undecided column should be more than sufficient in most polls of this nature this early to easily give anyone the victory....

That said, it can still be done simply for the entertainment value of having something to talk about. If someone is behind in the pre-poll and then wins the election, we talk about how they supposedly overcame the odds

EDIT: And if you really want to know, I voted Undecided as well So no-one's won my vote yet
Old October 10, 2002, 02:14   #15
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UberKruX
There was an amendment to, but it was defeated. Then, a "bill of rights" was passed; one of its clauses guarenteed freedom of speech (within poly rules, of course) and another guaranteed freedom to vote in any poll. So, you'd now have to pass two amendments to ban these polls (unless you want it dragged through the courts).

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
i choose not to vote in this poll, and I hope others will follow my leadership.....
Hear hear!

Quote:
and they do the same on election day.

Edit: posted before finishing. Whoops.
Old October 10, 2002, 03:07   #16
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Personally, though I wasn't there for any previous nastyness, I don't really see the harm. Most pre-polls are so thoroughly meaningless that's really nothing more than an amusing distraction
Spam by definition.
Old October 10, 2002, 03:46   #17
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 01:10
I'd also urge people not to vote in this.
I guess it is your own right, as opinion polls are conducted IRL every single day. But in a small atmosphere like our own nation, I think finding out something like this beforehand could in fact taint the polls on election day.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 10, 2002, 04:08   #18
notyoueither
Deity

Exactly.
Old October 10, 2002, 09:01   #19
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

The official poll on this topic, for convenience...

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55066

Arnelos, it has just generally been frowned upon, not forbidden. For instance, what if your poll shows a landslide for one candidate? People may drop out, others may feel their vote was in vain and vote differently for real. These are an example of things that work in RL, but are not generally good in this circumstance.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 10, 2002, 11:54   #20
Arnelos
Emperor

Well, my apologies then. I honestly was not fully aware of the apparent bad history with pre-polls to the extent that many of you seem to find even polling to be a cardinal sin or something....

If it is such a cardinal sin, why is it not either:

1. Illegal
2. At least somewhere stated very publicy that people strongly dislike it.

I've been adding things to a mental list of stuff that is to be found nowhere but everyone seems to simply assume that everyone knows... this now goes on my mental list... (and apparently both UnOrthOdOx and myself see the need for a new member FAQ, so perhaps we could end up working together on it).

As for the pre-polling, if it really pisses everyone off that much, I will certainly refrain from it in the future. My apologies for pissing everyone off, I honestly couldn't have known that polling, an activity enshrined as near to sacred in the constitution, was so strongly disliked when it came to elections.

Thank you
Old October 10, 2002, 11:59   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Things slip by...

As stated, enough are FOR it that an amendment making it ILLEGAL would not garner the 2/3 needed.

It would do you good to look over the 'official poll archive' section of the directory to help you in that mental list. The Court also uses official polls to guage legality of items, and it is good reading for any potential Minister or Executive.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 11, 2002, 11:41   #22
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 11:10
hi ,

NYE , you should go for it , .....

have a nice day