Old October 11, 2002, 05:07   #1
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 10:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turok Evolution for GC, any good?
As the header says, finally we have another game for GC out. Gamespot's rating isn't all that great and from what I read in other places it's supposedly an ok game. Has anybody played it yet? What do you think of the game?

So long...
Old October 11, 2002, 07:28   #2
Drew Dude
Settler

Local Time: 09:13
Well it got slated in an XBOX magazine and that was for gameplay rather than graphics etc so assuming the game play is the same on both machines I wouldn't bother
Old October 11, 2002, 13:14   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 04:13
Quote:
Presentation
Nostalgic Turok jungle themes mixed in with an advanced culture. Front-end and in-game load times are lengthy. 7.0

Graphics
Impressive lush environments, fluid animations, and fast framerate. Low-res textures and a lack of proper lighting make it look washed out, however. 7.0

Sound
Brilliant and varied in design, but compression takes its toll. Some balance issues are cause for muddiness. 8.0

Gameplay
A slightly above average FPS experience that can go haywire at times. Somewhat of a roller coaster ride of thrills and frustration. 7.0

Lasting Appeal
Lots of challenge here, 15 chapters, and lots of hours await. Few will want to play this twice. Unique multiplayer mode is a big plus. 7.0
http://cube.ign.com/articles/369/369953p1.html

Sounds decent at least. Try renting it first.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 15, 2002, 09:33   #4
reds4ever
Prince

the GC version is supposed to be pretty much the same as the XBox version. It got less than stellar reviews in the XBox press, but it's one of the best FPS i've ever played, with over 60 levels, the choice of weapons must be the most varied ever. The only downside (for me) is that 3 of the chapters are based on a flying game not FPS.

While its not as technically as good a game as Halo (the current king of the hill for XBox FPS), i definately had more FUN playing Turok, which is surely the main thing? The levels are large and atmospheric, but are mainly of the 'kill the baddies and find the keys to open the door' type, so if you don't like this type of setup (i do!!!) then maybe you should think again.
Old October 16, 2002, 02:54   #5
The Pioneer
Prince

Well, I played Turok 2 on my N64 and it was good. The controller set up bothered me but once you get used to it it's ok. It was not nearly as engaging as Goldeneye but few games ever are.

I rented this game and I played it for about 1 hour, that answered all my questions. This is definitely not a game for me!

Thanks guys!

So long...