Warlord

Local Time: 19:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hehe I never had many Snes games, didn't need to

Favourites, in order:
  • Rock 'n' Roll Racing
  • Super Street Fighter 2
  • Maximum Carnage
  • Killer Instinct (Jago's my best player, I used to be able to pull off a 13 hit combo )
That's about it

herr_ren@gmx.net
Old October 23, 2002, 06:31   #32
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Was Super Street Fighter II the one with T-Hawk and Cammy?

Sonic had a couple of moments, but overall Mario owns. Is it true that there's going to be a Sonic game on the GameCube?
Old October 23, 2002, 09:24   #33
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 04:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn05

I wonder myself.

I think 99% of all SNES games rocked, the only ones that sucked were Mario Missing and mario's Time machine. What a load of garbage. Good thing I only rented them.
I have to shamefully admit that I rented mario's time machine. not mario missing though, you have me on that one. The time machine was such a waste of a rental. just a little kiddy game. really lame.

I agree that most games I played for hte SNES were fairly enjoyable, at least temporarily: see final fantasy: mystic quest. I actually own this one. ok to play, but not detailed at all.
Old October 25, 2002, 02:35   #34
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 10:14
Just to clear my name I love, no let me say this again I LOVE Mario. I used to play Donkey Kong back in the early 80s and I still do in my little Game Boy. I owned all Nintendo systems after the SNES and thoroughly enjoyed Mario and other games. But Sonic was good too and I am glad that it has come to Nintendo.

Am I know accepted?

So long....

EDIT:
This post made me a Prince!
Old October 26, 2002, 17:52   #35
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Pioneer
and I am glad that it has come to Nintendo.

To the victor goes the spoils.

If think Prince is great, it's good to be the King.
Old October 26, 2002, 17:56   #36
Thrawn05
King

I'm surprised no one else mentioned Mega Man X.

That game floored me... too bad I never EVER beaten a Mega Man game (I finish all the stages, but never the last guy).
Old October 26, 2002, 23:39   #37
pg
Prince

all 3 of the megaman x games were good... the last battles are near impossible. you have to fight all the previous ending guys then a few new mega bosses iirc.
Old October 27, 2002, 09:28   #38
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by pg
all 3 of the megaman x games were good... the last battles are near impossible. you have to fight all the previous ending guys then a few new mega bosses iirc.
I only really played the first one (which I bought). Just when I thought I beat Sigma... his head pops off and now is part of a large background machine!

With my health and all weapons down to about 10%, and all of my reserves used up... well, you know.
Old October 29, 2002, 16:45   #39
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 03:14
Quote:
I'm surprised no one else mentioned Mega Man X.

That game floored me... too bad I never EVER beaten a Mega Man game (I finish all the stages, but never the last guy).
I hated the original MM games, personally... the ones on the NES and GB... then came the SNES and Mega Man X.

Plug in a turbo controller and the little blue devil gets a machine gun!

The first X game, final boss, use the rolling shield to kill sigma's last form... hitting him in the head with them.

The second one was near impossible... one of the heart tanks just really annoyed me, and the level set-up just wasn't that great.

3 was much better! Of course, I really like Zero, and the fact that you could play as him in that one was just plain cool IMHO.

Then of course, Capcom turned tail along with Square and started making games for the PSX (a good system, and if Internet rumor is to be trusted, partially built by Nintendo.)

MM X4 has been the best by far, IMHO though. MM X5 was decent, but lacked the magic of X4... just ordered X6, so we'll have to see about that one... and X7 is in development.

Then of course, there's MM Xtreme 1 & 2 for GBC... want to play those... and then there's MM Zero for GBA... most certainly want to try that one out.

As far as other games go:

FF III/VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana (many an hour on that one.)
Earthbound
TMNT Turtles in Time
TMNT Tournament Fighters (honestly, this was a decent fighter.)
Super Metroid
Super Bomberman (great 4x action! )
NBA JAM TE (again with the 4x action!)
Among others that I can't currently remember

EDIT:

RE: Prince vs. King...

Forget that! I'd slaughter you Thrawn!

A: 32 | D: 86 | M: 22 | HP: 38
VS.
A: 37 | D: 99 | M: 28 | HP: 42

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 29, 2002, 22:36   #40
Thrawn05
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash

I hated the original MM games, personally... the ones on the NES and GB... then came the SNES and Mega Man X.

Plug in a turbo controller and the little blue devil gets a machine gun!

The first X game, final boss, use the rolling shield to kill sigma's last form... hitting him in the head with them.

The second one was near impossible... one of the heart tanks just really annoyed me, and the level set-up just wasn't that great.

3 was much better! Of course, I really like Zero, and the fact that you could play as him in that one was just plain cool IMHO.

Then of course, Capcom turned tail along with Square and started making games for the PSX (a good system, and if Internet rumor is to be trusted, partially built by Nintendo.)

MM X4 has been the best by far, IMHO though. MM X5 was decent, but lacked the magic of X4... just ordered X6, so we'll have to see about that one... and X7 is in development.

Then of course, there's MM Xtreme 1 & 2 for GBC... want to play those... and then there's MM Zero for GBA... most certainly want to try that one out.

As far as other games go:

FF III/VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana (many an hour on that one.)
Earthbound
TMNT Turtles in Time
TMNT Tournament Fighters (honestly, this was a decent fighter.)
Super Metroid
Super Bomberman (great 4x action! )
NBA JAM TE (again with the 4x action!)
Among others that I can't currently remember

EDIT:

RE: Prince vs. King...

Forget that! I'd slaughter you Thrawn!

A: 32 | D: 86 | M: 22 | HP: 38
VS.
A: 37 | D: 99 | M: 28 | HP: 42
MM2 was the best IMHO. I didn't care to much for the other MM games. When MM started doing weird like sliding takes away the fun of IMHO, but that.s Me.

Another good was Serect of Evermore. I had lots of fun with that game. It gets slow at times but it was good.

And as for king, I'm still recovering the TBS battle with Ming. Not fair.
Old October 30, 2002, 10:19   #41
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:

MM2 was the best IMHO. I didn't care to much for the other MM games. When MM started doing weird like sliding takes away the fun of IMHO, but that.s Me.

Another good was Serect of Evermore. I had lots of fun with that game. It gets slow at times but it was good.

And as for king, I'm still recovering the TBS battle with Ming. Not fair.
SoE!? No way! I hated that game with a passion... it was released in the states instead of SoM2 so I doubly hate it.

MM2 was decent... same with MM3... though I still don't enjoy them as much as I do MM X, X3, X4, & X5.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 31, 2002, 20:51   #42
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Ah..... the SNES, last time I played it was..... yesterday! (Super Mario World, took a shortcut to be the game) The SNES is the reson I played Computer games and not Legos My Favs. are:

Super Mario RPG (I LOVE THAT GAME but, I don't have it )
Sim City (The reson why I love Sim games, TBS, and RTS when done right.)
Earthbound (Rented, for a weekend, now I look for it far & wide)
Hit the Ice (I love the intro muisc)
Killer Instice (It the only fighting and I love, and I still rember how do 7-hit-combos, >> Y, >> Y, Y,Y,Y,Y, I think)
and thats all I rember.
Old October 31, 2002, 20:52   #43
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

The guy I could do combos with was a firely guy (Jayog I think?)
Old October 31, 2002, 23:38   #44
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by 123john321
Super Mario RPG (I LOVE THAT GAME but, I don't have it )
Earthbound (Rented, for a weekend, now I look for it far & wide)
Check out sites like Gamestop.com, Amazon.com, half.com, among others... you should be able to find them for sale used... just remember that Earthbound came with its strategy guide, so be sure to check and make sure everything is still in tact.

Old November 1, 2002, 02:39   #45
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

The firey guy is Cinder. I think. He was cooler than Jago, why didn't he recur?

I used to be able to do Spinal's finishing combo. It was like that one mentioned above: something like jump kick, medium punch, forward + medium punch, forward + medium punch, forward + medium punch . . . until the guy drops.
Old November 2, 2002, 12:59   #46
pg
Prince

123john321 -

http://sgc.jandar.net/files/emu/zsneswv1.36.zip

snes emulator required to play games(aka roms)

http://www.cherryroms.com/snes/885.php - earthbound
http://www.cherryroms.com/snes/2586.php - simcity 2000
http://www.cherryroms.com/snes/3904.php - simcity

you have to sign up for an account to be able to dl stuff from cherryroms though. can't get super mario rpg there because it's isda protected. i'm too lazy to find it elsewhere, and i didn't even check the others you mentioned!
Old November 4, 2002, 10:47   #47
FlameFlash
Emperor

ISDA protected? Bah... I think I have a "backup" copy of it on my HD so just e-mail me about it if you want it... after getting a copy from half.com or somewhere of course...