View Poll Results: impeach the alpha talent?
Yes 17 80.95%
No 2 9.52%
Abstain 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 11, 2002, 11:10   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 09:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
IMPEACHMENT: alpha talent
i want to start the impeachment progress for the alpha talent of term II

the reason is because he hasnt done anything yet and hasnt even posted anything on the forum since the start of this term.

options are:

YES
NO
ABSTAIN

you have 5 days

[we have a constitutional problem with this we dont have anything in there for what to do if this passes]
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 11, 2002, 13:06   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Before I vote, I want to clear up a few things:

1. Who the heck is the Alpha Talent? (the topped Cabinet thread does not tell)
2. Have you PMd the AT?
3. Have you emailed him/her (via the forum feature, if applicable)?

Edit - and what comes to the replacement of the AT, my suggestion is that the Commissioner asks from the Directors if any of them wish to volunteer for the task and then selects one of the volunteers (preferrably the one who hasn't got that much to do at this time, like the DoSE), or instead of the Commish selecting, we poll the volunteers. That, or we arrange an entirely new election for the AT.
Old October 11, 2002, 13:35   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Diablero is the AT and no i didnt pm him or email him because this is purely volunterly (?) so if he didnt came around it is because he doesnt want to. if something else happened so that he isnt availble it is still simple he can not perform his duties so we need someone else. i stood at the point of emailing him and PM him several times but if you dont want to preform the effort of contacting the forum for explaintion i dont want to wasted my time. and if he is unable that is doesnt matter that i did not PM or email him. it is not a personel attack but just it is a job that needs to be done. this is why i didnt state his name because it is nothing against him but just we need someone that can do the job.
Old October 11, 2002, 13:44   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Ah, you have a very good point. It shouldn't be your or anyone's job to track down any stray Directors or Talents. Ignore points 2 and 3.

And I understood from the start that there was nothing personal involved, we are all after all professionals.
Old October 11, 2002, 13:48   #5
DeathByTheSword
King

well this way everone (hopefully) understands and it think we can apoint a director that wants the job as a interm-AT for so long and hold an quick election or just hold it with all the other elections
Old October 11, 2002, 13:53   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:14
I say Kassi for AT!
Old October 11, 2002, 14:08   #7
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
I say Kassi for AT!
I am flattered, but no.
Old October 11, 2002, 16:56   #8
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:14
I think the post of AT is a bit like that of Vice Prsident of USA. Sounds good but little to do. A lot of the AT duties can easily and are undertaken by Dirs. So maybe a review of the post needs to happen

Secondly we all fail to keep in contact whether because of computer problems or personal. Some one should PM or email Diablero, probably one of the DIrs. After all he was a regular and sensible contributer.

Maybe the AT role could be passed over to a senior director (elected from amongst directors). A senior director doing they're appointed duties but also having this deputising function and one or two other roles.
Old October 11, 2002, 16:59   #9
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Oh I do like a bit of controversy and impeachment is a juicy issue.
Old October 11, 2002, 17:04   #10
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:14
You should've been here in the beginning of September.
Old October 11, 2002, 20:29   #11
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:14
nothing against diablero here, but if you're in a government position you have to be here.

his last post
27/9
Old October 12, 2002, 02:23   #12
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 20:14
Yes. Nothing against Diablero as a person - in fact, if he hung around, he'd be great...but you have to actually be here to be a member of cabinet.
Old October 12, 2002, 09:02   #13
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 05:14
I voted Nay. Diablero may not be doing anything as Alpha Talent, but it's not like anyone else stepped up to take the job. Impeachment should require a higher standard than simply impeaching someone who is inactive. In my opinion, misusing power is grounds for an impeachment. Not using power is not.
Old October 12, 2002, 09:15   #14
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Not using power is one thing. Not doing your job is another.

I'm no fan of impeachment. If there were an impeachment vote against an active director, I would in most cases vote nay.

But every Commissioner needs an active Alpha Talent. It's not a hard job to do, but having a good one makes the Commissioner's job much, much easier.
Old October 12, 2002, 09:45   #15
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
I voted Nay. Diablero may not be doing anything as Alpha Talent, but it's not like anyone else stepped up to take the job. Impeachment should require a higher standard than simply impeaching someone who is inactive. In my opinion, misusing power is grounds for an impeachment. Not using power is not.
His last post was over two weeks ago. He (?) could be dead (hope not).
Old October 12, 2002, 10:02   #16
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Quote:
the rules for the first post:
*The unbiased reason why the person in question could be impeached
*The job of the person in question
*The time when the poll ends
This poll is anticonstitutional, you should have named him in the very first post.
Old October 12, 2002, 10:28   #17
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Where does it read that he should've in the stature? I can't see it.
Old October 12, 2002, 10:30   #18
DeathByTheSword
King

no it is not on your grounds nowhere it states that his name has to be named. but i should have run this by the court but seeing it is not active yet and i am the commissioner i did it this way
Old October 12, 2002, 11:38   #19
Kassiopeia
Emperor

DBTS, let me just say that as far as I am concerned you've handled this with utmost diligency and perfect manner, and that I support impeachment in this situation.
Old October 12, 2002, 12:46   #20
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:14
I support this impeachment - Diablero - WTF are you?!?!?!?!

As for DoSE for temporary AT... OK. If you like.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 12, 2002, 13:09   #21
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Oh bugger, I forgot MWIA is the DoSE.
Old October 12, 2002, 18:11   #22
Hercules
Deity

I 'll go with impeachment if no response in 48 hours. Has anyone PMed or emailed him about this.
Old October 12, 2002, 20:56   #23
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 06:14
look, he's been gone for 2 weeks. i hardly think he's going to get a PM
Old October 13, 2002, 06:25   #24
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 23:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I say yes just because I have never seen this 'Diaberilo' or whatever.

Impeach his a** and appoint someone who is strong.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old October 13, 2002, 15:03   #25
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
I 'll go with impeachment if no response in 48 hours. Has anyone PMed or emailed him about this.
Like I said before, it's not our job. And like DBTS said, this is a voluntary task. We can always get someone new if you don't feel like doing it.
Old October 13, 2002, 15:28   #26
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:14
ooh, would this be the first successful impeachment in Apolyton Demo game history? we had a failed one in the civ2 demo game back in august...
Old October 13, 2002, 16:24   #27
Hercules
Deity

48 hours up ( whoops felt like 48 hours) I go with impeachment
Old October 13, 2002, 23:06   #28
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 19:14
May as well impeach. It makes for something to do.
Old October 14, 2002, 02:39   #29
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:14
The fact that he hasn't shown up for his own impeachment thread after, what, 3 days, seems to indicate at his capacity to do his job.
Hell, even I visit the game more than that.
Old October 14, 2002, 02:57   #30
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Counting down the hours...not long to go.

Do we have any volunteers for the position of AT?

Kass?
Tass?
Mellian?