View Poll Results: Who should be our minister for city planning
E_T 37 55.22%
Zeit 16 23.88%
HistoryGuy 11 16.42%
Abstain 3 4.48%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 12, 2002, 10:56   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Election: City Planner (term 5)
One of the most important and powerful jobs in teh game. Who should replace GK?

Candidates
E_T (??)
Zeit (Independent)
HistoryGuy (Hawk)

Closes like all elections on the 17th at 1500 GMT.

Campaign thread

Last edited by OPD; October 12, 2002 at 12:12.
Old October 12, 2002, 12:57   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:16
I'm too tired with staying up all night to get the Build Queue and CP orders together to say anything meaningful right now.

ZZZZZZZ

E_T
Old October 13, 2002, 07:48   #3
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Even though the polls are still open, I would like to thank everyone who has sofar voted for any of the canidates. The election process is one of our most valued tenets and should not be squandered lightly. Each and every vote by a loyal Apolytonian helps keep our Nation Great.

Thank You,
E_T

Last edited by E_T; October 13, 2002 at 11:50.
Old October 13, 2002, 21:27   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Both Zeit and E_T have done a chat for me, and both did an excelent job. Thank you both as I am bairly able to find the time to check the boards (I am missing a hockey game - detroit red wings vs the ducks - to download the save now, I hate giving away tickets when they are so hard to come by, but as it is an away game and watching at the stadium on the giant tv's is only worth so much...). Anyways, Thanks and please vote. Any of the three candidates should be, judging by their history on these boards, do a good job.

Whoever wins, if you would like anything from me, please PM and ask.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 13, 2002, 21:31   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:16
I really must apologize for never being able to contribute to the campaign thread, as I was unable to do so until now. My modem has been giving me one heck of a time, and I fear that I have been too aloof to gain any victory for the Hawks or the Imperialists here. I apologize, and I hope that the best man (evidentally ET) wins.

Congratulations ET!

And hey! I don't feel bad at all! I get to excercise Machiavellian tactics while working as Deputy Intelligence Chief (ah well, it's a start!).

Signed,
Gaius Publius Niccolo History Guy,
Deputy Intelligence Chief,
Former Centurion,
and a man of letters...
Old October 13, 2002, 21:52   #6
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
I really must apologize for never being able to contribute to the campaign thread, as I was unable to do so until now. My modem has been giving me one heck of a time, and I fear that I have been too aloof to gain any victory for the Hawks or the Imperialists here. I apologize, and I hope that the best man (evidentally ET) wins.

Congratulations ET!

And hey! I don't feel bad at all! I get to excercise Machiavellian tactics while working as Deputy Intelligence Chief (ah well, it's a start!).

Signed,
Gaius Publius Niccolo History Guy,
Deputy Intelligence Chief,
Former Centurion,
and a man of letters...
Togas could use a good man to help replace me, if I get elected, of course. We still have 3 1/2 days left and anything could happen (OPD had better check for hanging chads ).

E_T
Old October 13, 2002, 22:01   #7
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Hey! That's right...I had best go bug Togas for the position before anyone else does! Good man? I certainly try to be. At least I wear a business suit (al beit cheap) to work every day here in Apolyton HQ...

Anyway, I'm sure you'll be our best City Planner yet!
Old October 13, 2002, 22:14   #8
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Zeit has my vote, as he has demonstrated great interest in increasing scientific capacity. That was a difficult decision anyway, I like the choice of candidates here.
Old October 14, 2002, 03:37   #9
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Zeit has my vote, as he has demonstrated great interest in increasing scientific capacity. That was a difficult decision anyway, I like the choice of candidates here.
For the record, I have been in several discussions, both private & Public about the state of our research capabilities and what we could do about it. Because of that, I've made every effort to compensate for out lack of research by exploring and initiating trades that have brought us several Technologies. Just today, I and the FAM have been working hard on the specifics for the "Such a Deal" tech trade, that is described here.

One of the main reasons for running for this office was the deplorible state of not only our reseach capability, but our nation as a whole. The wars that we have fought have brought us great things, but our nation as a whole has suffered for it.

When I desided to run for this office, I vowed to the Great Banana, to bring our nation out of the dark ages by the end of this 'Middle Age'. That's what I plan to do.

E_T
Old October 14, 2002, 17:59   #10
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 10:16
Indeed, fine words E_T, but save those for your winning speech (although you've practicaly won).

Thanks to all of thosewho voted for me, as of now i stand in 2nd place but the margin between me and HG is small. I also thank GK for his compliment, and i hoped i've helped. This is by now means the ends of my young (Apolytonian) political career, and as a newbie i must say the community has shown some remarkable willingness to let me into its ranks.

Congratulation for E_T, youfinetely deserves this position, you've great enthusiasm and spirit of inovation, with his new system of tile labor, and his night orders comiling shifts... Apolytonia sets her eyes upon you, in the times when CP is becoming even more important than before, so don't disappoint us (and i'm sure you won't).

And thank you all again!
Old October 14, 2002, 20:13   #11
History Guy
King

Yeah, that's what we need, increase in science. Exactly what I'd have said...if my modem hadn't commited (virtual) suicide.
Old October 14, 2002, 23:54   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

One thing to consider is that ET has ignored and changed the build orders for Holeinthewall. It was discussed in several threads, in the turnchats, and in private messaging between GodKing and I and ET did his own plan in direct contradiction to all of the above.

So, apparently he will not be as open to others needs or ideas as GodKing was not will input from Regional Administrators be used.

Just for the record.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 15, 2002 at 00:02.
Old October 15, 2002, 12:30   #13
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:16
I think donegeal just argued in another thread that this was NOT E_T's fault, but rather the habit of using PMs to do discuss orders (PMs which were not passed on to acting ministers).
Old October 15, 2002, 12:45   #14
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Please look in the other thread for my responce to this particular issue.

Congrats to E_T. I will put together a memo in the near future for your reference, with all sorts of CP stuff that I had started but not yet finished, RA info, etc.

Zeit, stay around. There are many more elections (every month) and usefull input is always welcome.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 15, 2002, 14:01   #15
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 10:16
Quote:
Zeit, stay around. There are many more elections (every month) and usefull input is always welcome.
I sure will.
Old October 15, 2002, 16:57   #16
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
One thing to consider is that ET has ignored and changed the build orders for Holeinthewall. It was discussed in several threads, in the turnchats, and in private messaging between GodKing and I and ET did his own plan in direct contradiction to all of the above.

So, apparently he will not be as open to others needs or ideas as GodKing was not will input from Regional Administrators be used.

Just for the record.
I have posted some stuff in the PM thread about this and why I had done what I did. I'll be posting some further information later, byt RL calls and I must go.

E_T
Old October 15, 2002, 20:59   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I think donegeal just argued in another thread that this was NOT E_T's fault, but rather the habit of using PMs to do discuss orders (PMs which were not passed on to acting ministers).
This was all ET I specifically informed him about it and the reasons for the build decison had been discussed in a thread.

ET felt his view was right and the populace of Apolytonia was wrong. I don't know anything about what Togas had said about ET refusing to follow his orders but this is looking like the pattern for the future.

What I want to know is how do I take this to court? Because ET willingly and knowingly contradicted and undermined the orders of TWO elected officials and he is NOT an elected official.

If he was the elected CP I wouldn't have a problem as it would be in his power to do that. But he WAS NOT the elected CP and he did the exact opposite of the will of the people of Apolytonia.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; October 15, 2002 at 21:10.
Old October 15, 2002, 22:52   #18
History Guy
King

ET, I understand from another thread that you intend NOT to build ports or ships for exploration in an attempt to discover the lost civilizations o'er the ocean. How, sir, can this be? Would it not be of tremendous benefit to our people to allow precisely this, so that we may find these civilizations, instead of wasting our money buying the information from our enemies? Sir, I find this rather unacceptable. Would it not be most beneficial to find these civilizations, to trade them for their maps, and to trade maps and communications to the rest of the world? And what of technology? What if we find primitives there, and rich primitives, those who would pay the most for the least amount of technology? Would this not be worth the time of the dock workers? It seems to me that this is the best thing we should do, and you would not have us do it. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Old October 15, 2002, 23:01   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

EXCERPT FROM POST IN THE PM THREAD:

I was the Regional Administrator for Holeinthewall.

It was my job as such to determine its production and tile use. I did. I did it on time and posted it in GKs order thread and pmd it to GK.

GK then compiled the orders. The orders were given to ET. ET changed the orders because he didn't feel like the CP or the RA mattered.

I pmd ET about the change and informed him I was the RA for Holeinthewall and I had put those orders in because after weeks of thread discussion it was agreed that it was the most effecient plan.

ET once again stated that he didn't care and was going to do what HE thought was best.

I just looked at the log from the turnchat and discovered that ET lied to Apoc about the situation and claimed it was merely a pm from me to GK when HE KNEW ALL ALONG THAT IT HAD BEEN A POSTED ORDER.

Not only did he willing change orders from elected officials, but he lied to get his wishes done. This is NOT the kind of actions I want in an elected official.
Old October 16, 2002, 14:16   #20
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:16
Quote:
EXCERPT FROM POST IN THE PM THREAD:

I just looked at the log from the turnchat and discovered that ET lied to Apoc about the situation and claimed it was merely a pm from me to GK when HE KNEW ALL ALONG THAT IT HAD BEEN A POSTED ORDER.

Not only did he willing change orders from elected officials, but he lied to get his wishes done. This is NOT the kind of actions I want in an elected official.
This is very serious to me. ET is virtually elected, and must explain this. Ghengis is a respectable and very important citizen, and a minister, and I firmly believe he's telling the truth. So, ET, what have you to say about this?
Old October 16, 2002, 16:36   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

This is very serious to me. ET is virtually elected, and must explain this. Ghengis is a respectable and very important citizen, and a minister, and I firmly believe he's telling the truth. So, ET, what have you to say about this?
For the record it does not appear to be as bad as I had originally thought. Apparently GodKing and Zeit never passed the orders to ET and ET had to make the orders from scratch and had no previous orders to go on.

I did inform him that the harbor was an official order that had been posted and gone through the official processs and that if he disregarded it I would seek remedy in court.

So he was aware that it was from official channels and not some random suggestion. In the logchat he described it as a personal deal between GodKing and I and never mentioned that I was the RA and it had been passed to GodKing and placed in the official orders thread. He made it look as those it was merely a personal wish of mine and lead Apoc to believe it had no official connotations. He then played on Donegal's mistrust of pms and told him it was entirely done by pm even after I had informed ET it was a "posted order" and it had been posted in the official orders thread for several weeks.

It was not posted the last two sessions because the RAs were never informed who to send their orders to. I had continued sending them to GK and then Zeit when it was announced he would take GKs place for a turnchat.

Still the entire work of a month of gametime and the expense of rushed builds to move Hole in the Wall to the coast so that it could rush a harbor and then build some galleys for readiness the instant we go Astronomy has been for nought.

The harbor was to be rushed first because it accomplished the temple's job of making people happy by providing 5-6 luxuries, the worker's job of connecting the city to our resources, AND provided the ability to build veteran ships.

Instead, Hole in the Wall rushed a temple and worker and has only achieved two of the three things the harbor would have done instantly all by itself.
Old October 16, 2002, 17:01   #22
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:16
Quote:

For the record it does not appear to be as bad as I had originally thought. Apparently GodKing and Zeit never passed the orders to ET and ET had to make the orders from scratch and had no previous orders to go on.

Well, it's a relief to me. The idea of someone lying in an official turnchat scared me a lot.
Old October 16, 2002, 19:00   #23
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

This is still disturbing (though not as much as GF's avatar).

We have to make sure that the new constitution/senate outlines communication channels for regional admins.
Old October 16, 2002, 19:55   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

Well, it's a relief to me. The idea of someone lying in an official turnchat scared me a lot.
It was still lying through omission. He did willingly mislead those in charge by insinuating it had no official connotation when he had been made aware that it had.

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
This is still disturbing (though not as much as GF's avatar).

We have to make sure that the new constitution/senate outlines communication channels for regional admins.
I do need to change that. It was originally supposed to be a spokesmodel displaying a sword made by Apolytonian Weapon Works but that was long before the $Mini-Game came along. Maybe I should crank out some new ones and let everyone vote on what should be my new avatar.
Old October 16, 2002, 20:53   #25
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:16
Go Ghengis!
Old October 16, 2002, 23:40   #26
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

I was in the process of answering this issue last night. I was cutting & pasteing (and editing out things that were of a personal/confidential nature) all of my corrospondences between myself, GK, GF and others. I kept on loosing it when I'd go to the preveiw screen (to make sure quotes where right) and back to the edit page, while doing other PM's at the same time. After being almost done the second time (at 3AM my time), I gave up and went to bed. I was planning to work on this issue this evening, but I had no DSL connection (Sprint wasn't talking to me ISP). I only just got back online now.

I will say one thing at this time, In a PM to me from GK, about some things I'll need to do with the CP job, was to watch some threads for issues that would consern the job. I do admit the I am guilty of that, as either time pressures, RL & interest in the subject of the thread (partly because of my other job in the FAM), they didn't seem that they would consern me.

Quote:
I will still post the corrospondences and sequences of events surrounding this issue, if anyone is interested.

I plan on having A common thread for public posting between only myself, the RA's & other govm't officials (The Contractors Office). I also plan on having regular Information/general discussion (Construction Shack) threads for public discussion, that will be linked to in the Contractors Office Thread. This is so that, if something happens and someone has to take over for me, this kind of thing won't happen to them.

I apoligize to anyone who's feathers that I have ruffled, especially Ghengis as I will have to work closely with him as MoPW next term.