Old October 22, 2002, 21:26   #31
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The pictures are also "x'd" out on my PC. I would like to see them. Could send them to me at:

Shiek040@hotmail.com

or perhaps PM them to me?

Sell your photos
Old October 22, 2002, 22:02   #32
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:19
What's wrong with independently analyzing military strengths/weaknesses and putting them up here? What do you call Jane's Defense magazine? Sure maybe we don't have an intelligence agency, but so what? If it comes down to ESTIMATION, then it is opinion, right? And aren't ALL opinions valid here? I want to thank Orange for his tenacity. Reddawg, you have a point but I think in light of all this it was a mistake to challenge this. Now we've pretty much lost a member who contributed more in two weeks than most do in a month.
I'm not going to pick sides but I think what has happened here is terrible, and was definetely not necessary. for shame for shame
Old October 22, 2002, 22:05   #33
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:19
And like I said before, when we get into the PTW Democracy game, then what's to stop our potential enemies from using this same technology (MilCalc)? Nothing.
Old October 23, 2002, 08:44   #34
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 03:19
Guys, Mr Orange has decided to withdraw from the demo game. He has informed me that he will have the MilCalc on his website should anyone want to see it, and how it works, but he will no longer supply the numbers. To look at the MilCalc, go to http://www.luckyorange.com/

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 23, 2002, 09:00   #35
Reddawg
Prince

sigh. I'm sorry this happened. but damn, if he couldn't accept this critiscism he would never have lasted here for any length of time anyway. so i won't take blame for this.
Old November 1, 2002, 20:28   #36
Cidifer
Warlord

Wow that's real adult of you, you called him a cheater that's not critiscisim that's slander. You could have said "I don't understand how you could get this data, unless it includes alot of guessing and estimating, could you explain your methods a little?"

However what you said was that he "couldn't possibly have that information without cheating" and that it was "impossible," and now your saying he what? he should have expected that when he tried to do something to inform the people here that he'd be accused of cheating? I don't agree with that.
Old November 1, 2002, 20:44   #37
Reddawg
Prince

I don't know why, Cidifer, you decided to dig up this topic. Coincidentally a court case is soon to be heard on this issue. Hmm.
Old November 1, 2002, 22:24   #38
Cidifer
Warlord

That's no coincidence, the court thing was just posted yesterday linking to this thread.
Old November 2, 2002, 16:23   #39
Mr. Orange
Chieftain

To put speculation to rest. I have intermittenly checked out the C3DG game. I have not looked at the saves. I did put in a court filing the first day this happened. Like in RL, the courts move slow, especially since I've seen new judges are (have) been elected.

As to "x'ed" screens, they were postings of information from the MilCalc. GIF images taken from snapshots off my computer. They were hosted at my website, where you can find the MilCalc. There are plenty of links on this thread to it.

I still am not participating, but at the time I wanted to see what an impartial jury thought of the situation. And I still do. I do not want to talk about this, hence going through the courts.