Old October 14, 2002, 02:19   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question about the Roll Call
Hi there guys. A few people have got me to start investigating the possibility of setting up a forum for a PTW multi-site game when it is released. I notice you seem to have a members-only area, the "Apolyton Roll Call". I tried to get in and indeed found I could not.

How did you have this set up? If someone could please let me know, I am sure that this would be of tremendous help for the PTWers, as there will need to be member-only discussion here.

Thanks all.

MrWIA.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 15, 2002, 04:09   #2
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The members only forum was probably set up by MarkG and is lead by a Usergroup mod. This mod should be able to grant you access, but VB fora are verry different than the PHPbb ones at GC so the may have different methods.

There has been much talk at Gamecatcher about the possibility of a MS PTW Demo game. When you get a little farther in organization, let me know.

I am currently talking to CGN about the possibility of our two stes competeing and wanted to see just the two of us compete, but GC nor CGN would be able to support more than one Demo game from what I see. Inviting Poly to join would be a great lift for all sites traffic, however the more fora included the less ease of playtime picking there is.

Involving CFC would make it a great game as well however the asministration over there is deeply against the idea of "forum wars". GC would mostlikely be able to get word out of the idea and again host a CFC team on our site as the case may be.

As I said when you have a little more idea of what you want to do contact me and we will see what we come up with.