Old October 14, 2002, 22:28   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Justice Campaign Thread
Peacekeeping Citizens...

Today, our brave Comissioner DeathByTheSword initiated a surprise poll invoving several citizens who spoke to him expressing interest in becoming a new justice of the court. This poll was to be an election to decide which 5 Peackeeping citizens shall be given the honorary distinction of being a Justice in a newly formed Court.

However, this is much more than simply a mere election, it is a major decision given to the people which will decide the very fate of our consitituion and law. History has shown us this time and time again. For example, the United States Supreme Court in the year 2000 made a decision which changed that countries fate forever. Obviously, this is not an issue to take lightly. Who shall we trust to make these kinds of decisions?

I believe that I am one of the five people that Peacekeeping citizens should elect into the court. I promise to the people that I will always look at all sides of the issues and will sit down and think in order to make informed decisions. Because what else is more important than simply sitting down and thorougly thinking about the issue when deciding the fate of our laws or even our own citizens?

I am also experienced with working with people. From the time I joined the Russian Diplomatic Corps to the time I became Ambassador to the United States, I have gained a steady 20 years of experience in the art with working with people and have recieved numerous awards including the Golden Bahah, the Carter Award, and the Nu Xus Diplomatic Award. However, how can I prove my skill to you, the common Peacekeeping citizen? Let me serve my term as your justice, and after which you the people shall become the jury. You can choose to leave me, or you can choose to embrace me....But if I am not given a chance, I will not be able to prove my skill to you.

So I call on you to vote for me and whomever else you wish, because this is the peoples decision.....And an important decision it is at that.

Tassadar
"Speech to the People"
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ppl.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	26992  
Old October 14, 2002, 22:46   #2
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 20:22
Pah.
I passed the amendment which got this going, I've got several ideas how this could work, and I'm determined to be impartial.

Enough said.
Old October 14, 2002, 23:11   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
Pah.
I passed the amendment which got this going, I've got several ideas how this could work, and I'm determined to be impartial.

Enough said.
Yes, which is preciesly why I support you in this election as well
Old October 15, 2002, 05:24   #4
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:22
So that's for... Ordinary justice... Not justice of any particularly elevated quality?
Wait... I've already voted for you anyway.

Never mind.
Old October 15, 2002, 06:21   #5
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
Justice for the Drones ! Pandemoniak for Justice !
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	justicecampaign.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	27026  
Old October 15, 2002, 11:57   #6
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

all very funny and i just voted......
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 16, 2002, 20:45   #7
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 04:22
If elected I promise to be fair, honest and unbiased. Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
Old October 17, 2002, 08:33   #8
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

The poll is closed. Am I now allowed to call myself a justice?

Last edited by Mr. President; October 17, 2002 at 08:43.
Old October 17, 2002, 14:37   #9
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yes you do
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 18, 2002, 05:42   #10
Wojit
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Justice has been deserved!