Old October 14, 2002, 23:36   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 04:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
!The State of the Nation: 580 AD!
SofN:

This weekly report is an attempt to summarize the growth, change, and development of our mighty nation. The first address was issued in 2590 BC; Apolyton has come a long way since those early days. As of 580 AD the statistics have been overhauled and now include less text and more graphs.

SUMMARY:

*The population of Apolytonia has swelled from 3,210,000 citizens in 430 AD to 6,015,000 citizens in 580 AD, a large growth of 87.4% that has finally taken Apolyton to a position second to no other! This is a rate of 18,700 people per year.
*Chart 1: breakdown of volunteer workers versus slave labor.
*Macross City has returned to it's position of most populous city in our nation, with a record-breaking 586,000 citizens!
*Our glorious capital Apolyton remains the leader in financial income, with 21 lytons/turn.
*Apolyton itself is the leader in industry, with 9 shields/turn, which is as much as the entire province of Uber Island!
*The state of scientific output has utterly collapsed since the rate has been dropped to 0%; but the government plans on rectifying this situation before too long.
*Chart 2: Ethnicity in Apolyton

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating is in a decline; what was one the happiest land in the world is now third, with 61% approval.
-The remainder of Apolytonia's demographics contains mixed news. The best news is that our population is now largest in the entire world!
-The disease, on a bad note, continues to plague (pun intended) our society, though it is down slightly to 22% (but still worst in the world).
-The most alarming trend is the continued drop in average military service to 3 from 4 years. We remain last in this respect, but it is crucial to note the fact that our larger population allows the average citizen to spend less time in military service. It is however something that must eventually be ameliorated. -Apolyton's landmass has grown an astonishing 40.2% thanks to the Persian annexations, and remains by far the largest nation in the world.
-The biggest shocker is the incredible rise of 140.0% in our GDP, rocketing from 6th in the world to 1st. The Ministry of Economy attributes this to both the incorporation of a system of courthouses, and the revolution into Republic.

Current Regional Comparisons:
NOTE: these states are incomparable to previous State of the Nation addresses because of the new composition of the provinces.
•Mingapulco Province(currently Apolyton, Termina, Tassagard, Banana HQ, Ghengistown, Timeline, Gaia):
1,763,000; 3.0% foreign; 29.3% of national population. 101 Lytons income; 41 shields output; 0 science output.

•Principality of Piña Colada (currently Del Monte, Chiquita, New York):
633,000; 16.6% foreign; 10.5% of national population. 24 Lytons income; 6 shields output; 0 science output.

•El Niño Province (currently Loveshack, Seeberg, Ubergorsk, Geofront, Napoleton, Oak Ridge):
625,000; 0.0% foreign; 10.4% of national population. 37 Lytons income; 15 shields output; 0 science output.

•Île de Rose (currently Here It Is, Macross City, Jerusalem, Port Rouge, Opiadom):
1,458,000; 7.8% foreign; 24.2% of national population. 54 Lytons income; 14 shields output; 0 science output.

•Uber Island (currently Another Glorious City, Boom town, BFM):
215,000; 0.0% foreign; 3.6% of national population. 15 Lytons income; 9 shields output; 0 science output.

•Persian Highland (currently Antioch, Willsbury, Contaginon, City On A Hill, Port of Malignance):
587,000; 26.4% foreign; 9.8% of national population. 22 Lytons income; 8 shields output; 0 science output.

•Persian Lowland (currently Muncie, Bacteria, Susa, Tarsus, Arbela):
685,000; 60.7% foreign; 11.4% of national population. 8 Lytons income; 6 shields output; 0 science output.

•Siberia (currently Holeinwall):
49,000; 0.0% foreign; 0.8% of national population. 1 Lytons income; 1 shields output; 0 science output.

Analysis: see Chart 3, regional comparisons

Foreign Comparisons:
*note: these stats are estimates based off of averages and cannot be made any more accurate by way of current knowledge of the country (and without cheating) thus all numbers are approximate*
~France = 1,125,000
~Greece = 4,450,000
~Aztec = 2,445,000
~Persia = 430,000
~England = 3,535,000
~America = kaput.
~Germany = 2,475,000
~Russia = 2,950,000
~Babylon = 1,285,000
~Rome = 4,635,000
~Iroquois = 1,325,000
Analysis: Population of the known world rose to 30,670,00 for a growth rate of 39.4%, or 57,800 people per year.

Population Density:
*due to currently unavailable estimates of foreign nations' land area, density is based on average city size.
^Apolytonia = 162,600 per city
^France = 140,600 per city
^Greece = 234,200 per city
^Aztec = 135,800 per city
^Persia = 107,500 per city
^England = 271,900 per city
^America = ghostowns
^Germany = 275,000 per city
^Russia = 268,200 per city
^Babylon = 257,000 per city
^Rome = 331,1000 per city
^Iroquois = 132,500 per city
Analysis: Apolyton is finally increasing as far as city size, but remains secondary in this density factor. As the latest acquisitions and Uber Island grow, the density will take off.

Military Stats:
*note:military stats are for the purpose of comparisons only, and are not absolute indications of strength; they are however adjusted to consider strength of units (to account for, example, that fact that 10 musketmen are better than 10 spearmen).*
+Total offensive power in 310AD is 79(2 naval); defensive is 81(2 naval);
mobility is 64(6 naval); bombardment is 8.
+Total offensive power in 430AD is 72(1 naval); defensive is 90(1 naval); mobility is 56(3 naval); bombardment is 12.
+Total offensive power in 580AD is 93(1 naval); defensive is 129(1 naval); mobility is 78(3 naval); bombardment is 12.
+Offensive power has grown a strong 29.2%.
+Defensive power has grown a tremendous 43.3%.
+Mobility has grown a big 39.3%.
+The number of total units has risen to 43.

Analysis: overall the military has taken leaps and bounds since the last State of the Nationa address; this is due almost completely to the fact that units have been upgraded (spearmen to pikemen, war chariots to knights).

MAJOR POWERS: (any nation with 15% more points than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Apolyton, 48.7% above mean (an incredible rise)
2. Greece, 27.7% above mean (a small drop)
*The big news this time: first, Rome has FALLEN OFF the list of major powers, declining sharply in comparative power; secondly, Apolyton's gains make it the largest major power in history!*

MAJOR GROWERS: (any nation with 2% more growth than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Apolyton, 11.8% above mean (a solid rise)
*note: The superiority of Apolyton has become painfully evident this time around. Both Rome and Russia have fallen off the list; in fact, no other civ even beats the mean growth by more than a fraction of a percent! Apolyton's growth is so sharp that no nation can keep up.

Overall Suggestions to Ministers:
1. The reworking of the provinces has changed the situation drastically; Mingapulco is again firmly in the lead, Piña Colada is no longer vital, and Île de Rose is tremendous (due mainly to Macross City). The Persian Highlands and Lowlands will eventually become very dominant; Uber Island is finally coming into it's own.
2. The corruption situation remains dire in some cases (here's a tidbit: more industry is lost to corruption than not!) and thus an Economic Report will be issued tomorrow.

*note: three charts follow*

If you wish for any further or statistics, or have any questions, contact Reddawg, Minster of Economy.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1chart580slaves.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	27001  
Old October 14, 2002, 23:36   #2
Reddawg
Prince

Chart 2
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2chartethnic.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	27002  
Old October 14, 2002, 23:37   #3
Reddawg
Prince

Chart 3
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	3chartregion.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	27004  
Old October 14, 2002, 23:59   #4
Mr. Orange
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

The standard and inspiration to which all statisticians aspire. SofN is truly the highlight of every .SAV! Excellent!
Old October 15, 2002, 00:55   #5
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
[rp]
Who the hell came up with these "new provincial borders"? My Province was on the verge of being Dominate! Damn those MPP!
[end]

I just love these stats!!!
Old October 15, 2002, 02:16   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:22
[Homer Simpson]
Mmm... pie charts... *drool*
[/Homer Simpson]

Excellent!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 15, 2002, 06:19   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:22
Great work Reddawg. I enjoy it whenever any of our citizens makes a visual demonstration of this sort.
Old October 15, 2002, 08:30   #8
Reddawg
Prince

Thank you thank you thank you everyone.

[rp]
The restructuring of the provinces was surely a scheme hatched by the devious Mingapulcan People's Party! Shockingly they were undeniably succesful in tearing apart Piña Colada and firmly re-establishing Mingapulco as the nation's commercial, political, cultural, and industrial center! One can only hope that Île de Rose will not face the same fate...
[/rp]
Old October 15, 2002, 12:20   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

This is awesome, as usual
Old October 15, 2002, 13:59   #10
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 10:22
Excellent overview, gves me some clue as to what is going on, as my RL leaves me little time for the forums, and also some broader prospective, on how well our nation grew.
Old October 15, 2002, 17:08   #11
Reddawg
Prince

yeah based upon these stats, i really think we should play on Deity in the next game... lol b/c we're whomping ass, basically.
Old October 15, 2002, 17:34   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 05:22
Can we get a comparison of how corruption is effecting us. Loss of shields, loss of gold, comparisons to what we could earn with what we are? I think corruption is still a major issue and needs to be addressed.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 15, 2002, 18:29   #13
Reddawg
Prince

Godking, I'm going to be doing that in my next economic report; I can tell you that it is still pretty bad, with the stress being on the Persian Highlands and Lowlands. I hope to have the report out tomorrow, but we'll see because I have two mid-terms this week.

By the way, does anyone know why there are five stars under this thread? I've never had stars on a State of the Nation before.
Old October 15, 2002, 19:00   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg
Godking, I'm going to be doing that in my next economic report; I can tell you that it is still pretty bad, with the stress being on the Persian Highlands and Lowlands. I hope to have the report out tomorrow, but we'll see because I have two mid-terms this week.

By the way, does anyone know why there are five stars under this thread? I've never had stars on a State of the Nation before.
Someone "rated" it five stars .

Most people don't bother to rate threads unless it's especially good or bad... your econ threads are very good, but I guess no one's thought about rating it before .

I guess I'll add my five star vote, since these threads rock .

-- adaMada
Old October 15, 2002, 19:43   #15
Reddawg
Prince

Doh, I've been frequenting here for months and just now figured out the rating thing, lol.

Yeah, the next Economic Report has been delayed till probably tomorrow, I decided to use the latest save instead of the save that I used for these stats.
Old October 15, 2002, 22:22   #16
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:22
*bump*

Excellent, as usual.

Can you show a graph comparing the relative power of the nations at the various reference points you've used for these reports at some point?
Old October 15, 2002, 23:09   #17
Reddawg
Prince

As requested by Sir Vlad, a chart comparing the relative power of the nations over the years. For international relations theory buffs, rest assured that this chart provides the best possible analysis of comparative power of the nations. Notice that the actual change in relative power structure has not changed much, save for the rise of Apolyton, the falls of France and Persia, and the recent extinction of America.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	powershare.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	27068  
Old October 15, 2002, 23:32   #18
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:22
I like THIS chart alot. Good job
Old October 16, 2002, 19:41   #19
Reddawg
Prince

((bump))

I don't think many people saw this chart because I did it at like 11:30 last night before going to bed... I was attempting to give Vlad what he asked for... and my first attempted produced the same thing as the Score chart that is already in existence, lol.

This is how this chart differs: it charts relative power on a scale of 1000, instead of absolute power. The effect of all this is that it charts the relative rankings of the states over time, instead of just showing the change in score! It's pretty spiffy.
Old October 16, 2002, 21:10   #20
Reddawg
Prince

oh, now this is sad... i just searched up all the previous stat threads to check something, and saw that... well, damn, readership is way down. it peaked in like 30 AD and has slacked since then haha...

well i know that two or three of the better issues were linked to in the Jungle Gazette, and the best issue was on the mainpage of Apolyton's Civ 3 site... hmmm. oh well!