View Poll Results: Do you agree with me?
Yes, I agree with the current plan. 9 81.82%
No, I'll tell you what else we should do. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 15, 2002, 21:01   #1
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Science Report 1000AD
In the last set of turns we discovered Philosophy and got a free tech (monotheism) for being the first civ there.

It was overwhelmingly decided in the last poll that we should go forth towards gunpowder, picking up Invention and Leo's workshop along the way.

We are currently researching Construction and have 8-10 turns to go (discoveries every 15 turns).

Here are the other civs' techs that we don't have (techs on our current tech path in bold).
Japanese have: Feudalism, Warrior Code, Pottery, Iron Working, [researching Astronomy] (4 techs)
Chinese have: Construction, Feudalism, Warrior Code, Pottery, Iron Working (5 techs) [researching Engineering]
Carthaginians have: Feudalism, Warrior Code, Iron Working (3 techs).

The path towards gunpowder is:
Construction -> Engineering -> Invention -> (Warrior Code -> Iron Working) -> Gunpowder

The President has mentioned that he would like to steal Construction and possibly Warrior Code this term. If we are able to get Engineering from the Chinese soon after that, we should be able to transfer our progress to Invention and get Leo's without much trouble.

If you've got a better suggestion, I'd like to hear it. The poll will close Thursday evening.
Old October 16, 2002, 01:00   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:25
i think a combination stealing and trading of techs would work great. what are your thoughts on trading for techs
Old October 16, 2002, 02:36   #3
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Trade for whatever we can. We seem to be on good terms with the Chinese, so we should try and trade whatever we can from them.
Old October 16, 2002, 07:03   #4
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 11:25
Steal Jap techs
Trade with Carths if we cannot steal the two missing techs from Japs.
Avoid stealing Chinese, with whow we need to be peacefull, and avoid to help them to progress too quickly : trade only construction with them (if we have something to exchange !) ... then engineering.
Old October 16, 2002, 08:04   #5
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

I agree with JCP, but my only wonder is, "Will they ask for Monotheism?"
Old October 16, 2002, 11:52   #6
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

I think we should only trade Monotheism to the Chinese when we are ready to immediately build/buy Mike's on the same or next turn.
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old October 16, 2002, 14:25   #7
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Trade with inferior races -- Japanese and Carths. Steal from cultures that have only a minimum number of needed techs (since it's random with dips).

Trade first. Steal only if we need to (since we lose the dip in that process and can't seem to find time to build them in the first place).

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old October 16, 2002, 18:24   #8
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
@ -Jrabbit

Hydey the no-limits man. :(