Old January 9, 2003, 01:55   #61
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 01:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'll try that.I'll try anything at this point.

Don't mention that damn dodo.Had to drive it all the way to import/export

no control flying at all.19 seconds..not exactly a controlled flight .I keep dunking it in the drink.I've read numerous guides...man just wasn't meant to fly
Old January 9, 2003, 08:50   #62
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 20:29
Yeah, I know the feeling.
Although in my case, the record was 12 seconds.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:53   #63
Smash
Emperor

It worked .Took awhile as I rolled the damn thing on the bridge to Portland and had to find another one after it exploded.But now I can drive all the way to Portland to get a Yankee truck

I think I have learned its best to do the ambulance/fire fighter before every gang hates your guts.Ambulances, in particular, don't fair well in a hail of bullets
Old January 10, 2003, 17:59   #64
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 04:29
Quote:
Did you do anything unusual to beat "The Driver"?.That mission is very difficult.....

Oi, is it ever. The official strategy guide even says that the only way to win is to get lucky.

And why do you have to outrace the guy you're hiring to be your driver, anyway? If you're a better driver, shoudln't you be driving?
Old January 10, 2003, 18:52   #65
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 11:29
Quote:
Quote:
Did you do anything unusual to beat "The Driver"?.That mission is very difficult.....
Oi, is it ever. The official strategy guide even says that the only way to win is to get lucky.

And why do you have to outrace the guy you're hiring to be your driver, anyway? If you're a better driver, shoudln't you be driving?
Is that a mission in VC or normal GTA3?
I haven't played the missions for a long time, but i seem to remember a mision with a reference to the game "Driver", with an undercover cop called Tanner (your character in Driver).
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 10, 2003, 19:54   #66
Kc7mxo
King

Local Time: 04:29
Its a vice city mission. You're in a crummy car, racing this maniac through town. With the cops chasing you, and not him. Its probably one of the most frustrating mission in either game. Victory is ENTIRELY dependent on luck.
Old January 11, 2003, 00:32   #67
Smash
Emperor

Ya I kinda wondered if I can out drive the guy why would I hire him?.

It can be a very difficult mission but there are some tricks.

1.enter the mission with 2 stars.(you're gonna get them anyway).Hilliary's car will be rammed at the start by police causing him damage.

2.Hold your look right(iirc) and shoot at the start.It is possible to shoot out a rear tire on Hil's car.

3.Complete Sunshine Auto car lists and get the hot ring racer.Park it down from the Malibu abit so it isn't removed by the cutscene.First right over the bridge is a good spot.Actually get out and change cars.You can easily catch up and over take in this car which handles very well and has the 2nd best speed of any vehicle(600 motorcycle slightly better in acceleration)

Doing all 3 of these will all but gaurantee success.If it is still close at the end,then cut the corner by the police bribe.

If you can master the police "pit" move then it is fairly easy but you only get 1 good shot at it just after the start.