Old October 22, 2002, 15:31   #31
JCP
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameMacCivilization II Succession GamesScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 11:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I downloaded the ZIP archive : the files in it semms playable on a Mac edition.
BUT : as the Mac more recent version is only the 1.21 one, and we have no date for a 1.29 version, nor PTW ! my question is : can we play the Poly extra pack on the Mac version (ie v. 1.21) ???
Old October 22, 2002, 18:32   #32
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Sorry, you ask me too much. I don't know about compatibility for Mac/v.1.21
You'd have to try out.
Old October 23, 2002, 20:49   #33
ACooper
Prince

Local Time: 03:29
This mod keeps crashing. Mostly when a civ contacts you for negotiations. It has crashed more than 7 times. I can get it going again if I choose not to talk to the offending civ when I load the autosave.

Anybody else have this problem?
Old October 24, 2002, 11:27   #34
Wernazuma III
Emperor

Could be a similar problem to that with the Incas. Can you remember with what Civs this happened?
Old October 26, 2002, 00:10   #35
chanser69
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:29
Wernazuma, very great mod!

Excellent, I was looking for more variety of civs to play as I do'nt like being limited to what seems like such a small number of civilizations... your pack expands that number greatly and I love it. Thank you so much.

On another note I accidentally ran into the Incan problem too in a harsh way. I put all civs as random and one of them turned out to be the Incans I guess and its about halfway through the game and I got in contact with the other continent finally and when the Incans contact me... boom CRASH! I didn't even know they were part of the game till now.

I just wanted to suggest that since your pack is so publicized here on Apolyton, perhaps the fix for the incans should be incorperated or the fix should be publicized so more people don't run into this bug. Of course what you do is entirely up to you but I thought I would offer a suggestion.

Thank you again.
chanser69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2002, 05:48   #36
Wernazuma III
Emperor

Sorry, the fix won't be incorporated, because I've got a 28K modem and can't afford to upload again 40MB...
Old March 13, 2003, 15:19   #37
Wernazuma III
Emperor

Here's a new patch with new graphics for the Dutch Ship of the Line and for the Phoenician Quinquereme: http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Wer...III/patch2.zip
Old March 18, 2003, 20:33   #38
2manyusernames
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Wernazuma III
Here's a new patch with new graphics for the Dutch Ship of the Line and for the Phoenician Quinquereme: http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Wer...III/patch2.zip

Is the new graphics the only change in this patch?
I ask this because I am using your mod combined with the changes in player1's mod. (along with a few other changes)
It took me a while to add player1's changes to your mod and don't want to do that all over again if the only change is the new graphics. (It would be *alot* easier to manually change the graphics on my extrapak.bic file.
2manyusernames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2003, 02:06   #39
Wernazuma III
Emperor

it's really only graphics. However, if you're interested, I'm currently working on an extension for the EP with rules changes. I'll present it, when it's already in an advanced stage.
Old March 21, 2003, 23:09   #40
2manyusernames
Chieftain

Quote:
it's really only graphics. However, if you're interested, I'm currently working on an extension for the EP with rules changes. I'll present it, when it's already in an advanced stage.

Oh yeah! I can hardly wait. Despite what people like Duddha says, I for one, appreciate you compiling this mod. It may be just other people's work combined with yours, but it is convienent having it all in one place.

Carry on! and Thank You!
Old March 22, 2003, 03:58   #41
Wernazuma III
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by 2manyusernames

Oh yeah! I can hardly wait. Despite what people like Duddha says, I for one, appreciate you compiling this mod. It may be just other people's work combined with yours, but it is convienent having it all in one place.

Carry on! and Thank You!
Thanks for your support! Once I'm done, can I count on you testing the work for possible bugs - for myself, I don't play enough to find all the bugs which surely are there, somewhere.
Old March 22, 2003, 08:06   #42
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Hey Wernazuma,
I acquired a copy of Civ3 from a friend a while ago (no, I still don't like the game enough to come back ) and finally had a chance to play this long-awaited (well, by me anyway ) extra civs pack

And I have to say, it's great My complimtents to everyone who participated but especially you for doing a fantastic job on this From time to time throughout its development I had been lurking the forums and I know you had a hard time in maintaining interested, but it's great to see you pulled through in the end - and how An impressive display of endurance which led to an excellent result It was great finally seeing all those great civs in action and to be able to play with the Dutch, the Khmer and the Ethiopians The city lists were quite good, the UUs, the leaderheads and GLs very nice. The graphics, GL entries, all looked very slick The extra options and atmosphere that this pack adds to the game really make up for some of the deficiencies of the core product itself (though I still prefer CtP1/2 )

I would recommend this pack to all Civ3 players, even modem users. It's well worth the download

Rating: 9/10 (because nobody's perfect )
Old March 29, 2003, 22:06   #43
2manyusernames
Chieftain

Quote:

Thanks for your support! Once I'm done, can I count on you testing the work for possible bugs - for myself, I don't play enough to find all the bugs which surely are there, somewhere.
No problem! I, unfortunately, spend way too much time playing this game!
Old April 12, 2003, 08:41   #44
kaka
Settler

Local Time: 09:29
Is there any large map of the world taht compatible with this mod, I tried some of the maps avaible but I end up colonizing America with the Vikings and that wasnt my meaning =P
kaka is offline   Reply With Quote