Old October 18, 2002, 10:13   #31
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
pffft... you don't need to pay for expensive water... just get a nice filter for like 20 bucks... COLA, while a nice treat, is bad for you. But like everything else: junk food, alcohol, marijuana... it's all about moderation. Water is definitely the way to go!
Old October 18, 2002, 10:19   #32
VJ
King

Local Time: 09:31
Quote:
... is for the children. But I still drink it!
Wait, you still are a child, aren't you? Milk and water are both damn good,
all limonades here are expensive like dell... (1,4 juros for a ½ of coke? Sheesh...)
Old October 18, 2002, 10:25   #33
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Milk is generally bad for adults. Anything more than a cup a day can cause digestive problems. At most, you should have 1-2 servings of all dairy per day. That's why pizza, mexican food, etc (basically anything with cheese) gives people some nasty poo.
Old October 18, 2002, 10:35   #34
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger with mustard, onions, and chilli; and a diet coke please. Do fries come with that?
Old October 18, 2002, 10:38   #35
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

haha no dude, its "Yeah, I'd like the Triple Bacon Cheeseburger with super size fries, and some chicken nuggets... oh yeah, and a diet coke..."
Old October 18, 2002, 10:54   #36
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Sava - you took my order last night at Wendy's? I didn't know you lived in Knoxville!!!

Old October 18, 2002, 10:56   #37
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Old October 18, 2002, 10:58   #38
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Y'all still messed it up though. What part of "No Tomato's" don't y'all understand????
Old October 18, 2002, 11:03   #39
NeOmega
Prince

Local Time: 01:31
Tap water. We have the option in the Seattle area.

I've drank probably 5 cups of soda in 3 years.

I'm afraid all the sugar eating i did as a kid will result in diabetes unless I cut down dramatically now.
Old October 18, 2002, 11:17   #40
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Urban legend Horsie. I give you credit for snagging so many suckers though.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old October 18, 2002, 11:28   #41
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
Quote:
Milk is generally bad for adults. Anything more than a cup a day can cause digestive problems. At most, you should have 1-2 servings of all dairy per day. That's why pizza, mexican food, etc (basically anything with cheese) gives people some nasty poo.
Dairy - milk, cheese mostly - is extremely popular in Finland. For one thing, they prevent osteoporosis in women and elderly people. Secondly, in Finnish dairies vitamin D is added to the milk since in a dark country like ours we don't get enough of it otherwise.
There's a lot of products without the bad digestive effects around (my bet would be that even the normal products aren't that bad here then foreign ones), and cheese AFAIK doesn't even have them.

Quote:
Wait, you still are a child, aren't you?
Well, in some way yes, considering my physical growth hasn't halted yet.
Old October 18, 2002, 11:40   #42
Gangerolf
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Quote:
I drink at least 0,5 L milk a day, and I've never had any problems with my poo.
Old October 18, 2002, 11:42   #43
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I drink well over a litre. No problems whatsoever. Only too much whole bread can give me trouble, though.
Old October 18, 2002, 11:46   #44
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:31
Quote:
I'll go for some Orange Juice, it tastes better then coke and goes better with Vodka anyway.
Definately Only think better than OJ is cider (which goes well with rum strangely enough...)
Old October 18, 2002, 12:51   #45
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 17:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
That's lactose intolerence. That means the person does not have (enough) lactase in his body to digest the lactose.

I remember once I had a couple of glasses of milk, followed by some slices of pizza, and top it all off with some ice cream.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. :ack:
Old October 18, 2002, 13:03   #46
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

I'll opt for the cherryade

Besides, coke has water in it

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old October 18, 2002, 15:00   #47
dudemanjack
Warlord

I'll take water any time. I drink probably about 1 gallon a day. Brita filter of course.
Old October 18, 2002, 16:08   #48
TheBirdMan
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:31
Location: A real Master of CTP-PBEM - together with all the others.....
Always choose water - or anything else as long as it is produced locally.

Example: CocaCola never pays any taxes in Denmark. They claim, that they do not earn anything from sellling their stuff in Denmark. Therefore they are not paying any tax in Denmark. Guess the same thing is going on in most other countries.

So heck with CC.

Add to this, that they have not yet been able to deliver their "gifts" to those, who have collected xxxx marks (wrong word I know) during the latest campain - most winners from 2002 are still waiting....

So buy/drink your "own" products

Gandhi
Old October 18, 2002, 16:34   #49
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

I am rich. I get to have plenty of both water and Coke Cola (acutally more Dr Pepper than Coke).
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old October 18, 2002, 16:39   #50
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
pffft... you don't need to pay for expensive water... just get a nice filter for like 20 bucks... COLA, while a nice treat, is bad for you. But like everything else: junk food, alcohol, marijuana... it's all about moderation. Water is definitely the way to go!
i said ill drop dead before I pay for bottled water. I didn't say I won't drink water. I usually drink water, juice and tea. (no milk. Milk is BAD!) I dont drink coke much. only when i go to mickey d's i treat myself with coke once in awhile. but i think i made a point when i chose coke which i do not like over bottled water.

Milk is bad. its true. Get ur vita Ds and calcium somewhere else boys.

And im not talking about lactose intolerance. Do you think its really natural to suck cow's tits as your source of food?
Old October 18, 2002, 16:48   #51
Gangerolf
Prince

Quote:
Do you think its really natural to suck cow's tits as your source of food?
Yes.
Old October 18, 2002, 16:58   #52
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 11:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Quote:
Milk!

... is for the children. But I still drink it!
...no, Wutang is
Old October 18, 2002, 17:02   #53
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yes. I've been doing it for over 14 years, why stop now?
What about lamb's eyes? Kidneys? Sausages? It's the gut of an animal, that's far more disgusting...
Old October 18, 2002, 17:04   #54
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Wutang is for children!

milk commercial is so biased. Vita D's? I have what's called Melanin. I make mah own Vita D's. Calcium? Those exist in other source of food, like anchovies. Why should I drink something that is meant for infant cows that are in growth phase and thus need alot of cholestrol? Commercial has a guy's limb fall out cause he doesnt drink milk! :LOL:

Quote:
Yes. I've been doing it for over 14 years, why stop now?
What about lamb's eyes? Kidneys? Sausages? It's the gut of an animal, that's far more disgusting...
Liver is good. Vita K's.... Consuming animal's parts is all out natural. Nothing worng about eating guts wolves and lions do that all the time. I didnt say sucking cow tits was disgusting. Its not really natural. I hav enever seen a lion or wolf sucking cows tits tho. (though i counter argue my own: ants have known to also curdle milk from another insect, but its not the same "milk"..)

Recent research also states milk can cause cancer. But of course, breathing fresh air can cause cancer as well.

I have nothing agst milk. But it is very unnatural form of a food and milk isnt all that is hyped up to be. So I dont drink it. Only europeans drank milk, and when euros came to our land they brought the habit with them to america. otherwise native americans and asians didn't realy drink milk. (Arabs, africans and mongols prolly drank goat milk but was probably not largely established in their food diet as europeans did)

Last edited by Zero; October 18, 2002 at 17:19.
Old October 18, 2002, 17:44   #55
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
What does vanilla coke taste like?
It's pretty good . It's like Coke with some Vanilla syrup dipped in. It's all I drink now .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old October 18, 2002, 17:51   #56
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
milk commercial is so biased. Vita D's? I have what's called Melanin.
It reads on the pack, if it's just phony then the government would've hauled Valio's collective ass.

Remember I live in Finland, in winter we have only six hours of daylight in a day, some times even less.

Quote:
Calcium? Those exist in other source of food, like anchovies. Why should I drink something that is meant for infant cows that are in growth phase and thus need alot of cholestrol?
Anchovies?! Yeach!
There's non-fat milk (very drinkable). 1 percent fat in milk is the most common number - lot of cholesterol?

Quote:
Commercial has a guy's limb fall out cause he doesnt drink milk! :LOL:
Blah. It's cultural difference, I guess...
Old October 18, 2002, 17:57   #57
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 19:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II

I have nothing agst milk. But it is very unnatural form of a food and milk isnt all that is hyped up to be. So I dont drink it. Only europeans drank milk, and when euros came to our land they brought the habit with them to america. otherwise native americans and asians didn't realy drink milk. (Arabs, africans and mongols prolly drank goat milk but was probably not largely established in their food diet as europeans did)
Actually, all the steppe/tundra dwelling Asians I've read about drank milk- the Mongols drank fermented milk- kumiss- the milk being obtained from their pony or ass mares. I believe even the Manchu originally drank a similar drink.
Also, you'll quite easily find milk products in India, where the cow is sacred. Rasmalai or lassi anyone?
I think the Maasai of East Africa drink cow's blood mixed with milk, and of course Arabs and Jews drink milk- as do Iranians, and Turks. So milk isn't some Euro plot to get the whole world smelling like cheese- it's a useful by-product of herding/horse riding cultures.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old October 18, 2002, 18:00   #58
Switch
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
Tea!

But given the choice between the two, water. (Unless the said cola is Vanilla Coke, then I would have to make a tough decision.)

I think I'd have to agree with you there.
Old October 18, 2002, 19:07   #59
Tuberski

Re: Water versus Cola - you decide
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.* Its pH is 2.8.* It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.** Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Thank god I drink Pepsi!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old October 18, 2002, 19:10   #60
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia

It reads on the pack, if it's just phony then the government would've hauled Valio's collective ass.

Remember I live in Finland, in winter we have only six hours of daylight in a day, some times even less.

Anchovies?! Yeach!
There's non-fat milk (very drinkable). 1 percent fat in milk is the most common number - lot of cholesterol?

Blah. It's cultural difference, I guess...
yea it is. More albino-ish you are more u could use milk i guess. but then again it could be prolonged use of milk in your ethnicity that allowed you to turn white (less reliance on melanin to make Vita Ds?)

hey anchovies and livers are cool. its matter of ur opinion u find it gross

1% milk, now thats truly gross (LOL). if i would drink milk I wouldnt even drink whole fat. I prefer the real version from the really creamy milk old european style. I dunno i find like diet cokes and diet sprite disgusting. Same applies to milk. I want the real thing if im gonna have it.

Last edited by Zero; October 18, 2002 at 19:17.