View Poll Results: Pax Apolytonia?
To War With France! 26 45.61%
To War With Britain! 2 3.51%
To War with Both! 8 14.04%
Give Peace A Chance! 21 36.84%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23, 2002, 12:08   #61
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think the 2/3rds vote for mobilizing for war is because once done, you can't demobilize until peace is declared and while mobilization is in effect, you can't start any new non-military buildings.

(If your already at peace with your neighbors, you have to declare a war so that you can then sign a peace treaty to demobilize.)
Old October 23, 2002, 12:28   #62
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I do want to say though that I do see Thuds point that all this quick upgrade is a waste if we're not going to war, so to solve this issue I started the declaration of war poll. This way by the time the next chat comes along we will have a good idea whether or not we need to upgrade the military units required for the war.
Aggie
Old October 23, 2002, 15:42   #63
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 05:32
Okay, thanks. Fine, I overreacted and all. I just really don't like the way this is going.

EDIT: Let me explain my reasoning. I originally intended this poll to show that the vast majority of Apolytonians supported a war on France. I then intended to use this poll as precedent for another poll that could potentially delay war with Germany or England. Simply, I intended to do what I tried to do with England, not France.

Somehow, I was more successful than was for my own good. I thought I might be able to accelerate my plan to apply to France. Obviously, that was not a great idea.

However, I do beleive that something should be able to check governments that wish to charge forth without delay.

Last edited by Thud; October 23, 2002 at 16:46.
Old October 23, 2002, 19:02   #64
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

No need to apolgize thud, such arguements are needed and good. I believe in using a concensus, that is one reason that I am leaning toward a limited war rather than full conquest, so perhaps this thread accomplished that much. Let me assure you I consider almost all comments and basically try to get a best fit line on policy, though I obviously try to make this line move one way or another.
Aggie