Old October 18, 2002, 14:04   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The timeline leading to war with france
War Timeline
Turn 0 (700 AD)
WC in HII go to Macross
WC in Delmonte and chiquita go to HII

Turn 1 (710 AD)
WC se of Opiadum go to HII
Knight near San Cortez go to mountain 2se of San Cortez

Turn 2 (720 AD)
Knight 2se of San Cortez se,s
WC in Del Monte Built(WCDM) put on go to Contagion
WC in Port Rouge Built(WCPR), this Wc go to HII
WC’s From SE of Opidum reach HII

Turn 3 (730 AD)
2WC’s on go to Contagion reach it
WC’s from Chiquita and Delmonte Reach HII
There are now 5WC in HII, these need to be upgraded, between now and turn 9
Knight near Chiquita enter Chiquita.

Turn 4 (740 AD)
WC on go to Contagioin reaches it(now 3 WC there)
3Knights from Contagion Arrive in Jerusalem
WC in Termina Built(WCT) send to Delmonte

Turn 5 (750 AD)
WC from Delmonte reaches Contagion(now 4 there)
2Kights from Arbela/Antioch Reach Jersusalem
Knights in Chiquita and New York Go to 1s of Macross city
WC in Tass Built(WCTA) send to Delmonte

Turn 6 (760 AD)
Archers in Port Rouge and HII go to Jerusalem
WCT and WCTA reach Delmonte

Turn 7 (770 AD)
Archers in Jerusalem upgrade to Longbowmen
WC in BHQ built(WCBH) send to opidium

Turn 8 (780 AD)
Southern Assault force(5knights,3Longbowmen,SAF)) departs Jerusalem
WCs in Delmonte on go to Opidium

Turn 9 (790 AD)
Knights from Chiquita and Delmonte Reach spot 1s of macross city
Rush WC in Susa(WCS)
WC in GOTHAM built (WCG) send to opidium

Turn 10 (800 AD)
Knights in HII go to spot 1s of Macross, there are now 5knights in Macross and 10 Knights just s of it.
SAF arrives 3nw of Amiens
WC in susa built put on go to Contagion
WC’s sent from Delmonte to Opidium Arrive (4wc now are in opidium)

Turn 11 (810 AD)
The FAM will sell France a harmless tech for all of their gold, prior to our declaration of war. This should help minimize their ability to bring in allies against us.
WC from Susa reaches Contagion(Now have the 5 WC there, in case of alliance against us, this will be upgraded and becomes Eastern Rapid Response Force(ERRF)
WE DECLARE WAR
Knights from the Army in and near Macross attack rheims.
After rheims falls, use the wc’s in opidium to attack a warrior or weakened sword to get GA.
After GA is triggered then we move the WC’s from opidium to delmonte, where they will be in reserve in case an alliance is made against us. They will become the Central Rapid Response Force(CRRF).
After Rheims has fallen we attack Lyons with knights from forces near Macross, remaining knights clear out sword.

Some figures for Reddawg and ET
We still need
6 Wc upgrade to Knight-600
3 archer upgrade to Longbowmen -120
I would like a musketeer in every border town in the north, this is 6 more(since we already have I musketeer and we have one being built)- for 360.
If musketeer upgrades are impractical then upgrade 4 pike to musketeer in the following cities Arbela,Antioch,Chiquita and NewYork
Currently all but 2 of the need WC are being built or are in queues, I request that Gotham build WC after cathedral and one other city find room in a queue for a WC.

Respectfully submitted to our great nation
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; October 18, 2002 at 17:31.
Old October 18, 2002, 14:43   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
Good to have a timeline like this. Keep up the good work!
I wonder though, are we not going to use our catapults?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 18, 2002, 14:58   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34
In turn 11 (810AD), Add in that the FAM will sell France a harmless tech for all of their gold, prior to our declaration of war. This should help minimize their ability to bring in allies against us.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 18, 2002, 15:39   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Wow, this is detailed.

From my skimming of it, it looked like using WCs to get a Golden Age isn't essential, and could be taken out of the plan if we don't want a GA. Could it?
Old October 18, 2002, 17:29   #5
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Will do Togas, Klorkeep, yes the WC's are optional so if we decide against GA, we can just put the WC in Delmonte(their homebase anyway). Shiber, I am undecided about the catapults, I am planning on using them to weaken some of the field units so we can attack with WC, I also am thinking about what to do with 1 sword and 1 warrior in the area. Probably they will attack units in the field too. The problem with using catapults is that I intned to launch speed attacks with knights and the catapults would be too slow to keep up. In the south we might be able to use them but the mountains need to be roaded first. We could perhaps go with an amphibious, if we had a caraval we could put the catapults onto the mountain ne of Amiens, the same turn the army gets there. Just an idea, let me mention it to ET to see if we could squeeze out another boat(which we nned anyway).
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; October 18, 2002 at 17:52.
Old October 19, 2002, 00:16   #6
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 09:34
Gee, such a detailed plan could even turn me into a warmonger.

Well almost...
Old October 19, 2002, 07:52   #7
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 10:34
Aggie- great plan indeed, but what of some 1-2 turns ahead, what are your plans of deeper french soil intrusion?
Old October 19, 2002, 10:17   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Aggie, do you intend to conquer all of France or rather have a set of objectives (cities with resources for instance) and intend to make this war as short as possible?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 19, 2002, 11:23   #9
Aggie
King

War Map
Here is the map of the attack. I intend to take all of france, however if resistance is unexpectly high and we have bad rolls then we could stop after the 2 cities in the mountains and 2 on the se coast are captured.
Also there WILL be 2 polls relating to the war.
1) The Declaration of War Poll
2) Do we want a GA Now poll.
Aggie
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bats.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	27351  

Last edited by Aggie; October 19, 2002 at 11:30.
Old October 19, 2002, 11:54   #10
Shiber
Emperor

IMHO they'll be just more cities that produce 1 shield per turn. Can't we have a 'Do we want to end the war after we get Amiens, Lyons, Besancon and Rheims?'
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 19, 2002, 13:00   #11
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Don't forget about possibly building a road directly to Amiens to save a little time.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 19, 2002, 14:05   #12
Aggie
King

Shiber, you will notice that the 1st phase that you describe will take about a turnchat and the next would occur druing the next turn chat. Thus we can evaluate,poll, whatever after the 1st "war chat". If the people are for peace then either for political or military reasons, thats ok.
Apoc, I have already talked to ghengis on the matter.
Aggie
Old October 19, 2002, 17:40   #13
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

:drool:

I just love these kind of maps (starting to feel like a hawk)...

looks like your plan is about to work, now we just need the frenchies to step aside and let our knights do their job.

Aggie- i really love your plan, espcially the use of Longbowmen in the mountains. I must agree on the issue of taking all of france- if we are already deep in their territory and past the mountain range, and their resistance isn't that tough- why not end their misery?
Old October 23, 2002, 20:53   #14
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:34
Bump
Old October 24, 2002, 15:07   #15
zeit
King

bump again
Old October 25, 2002, 01:33   #16
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
In turn 11 (810AD), Add in that the FAM will sell France a harmless tech for all of their gold, prior to our declaration of war. This should help minimize their ability to bring in allies against us.

--Togas
Well in my mind this would give the French the opportunity to get some allies. As they can give the tech to the ones that ally against us.

Unless this is a tech that all major powers already have.

But I trust you have good plans.
Old October 25, 2002, 16:00   #17
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 05:34
I think a harmless tech means one the powers already have. The idea is to take away France's money so they can't get allies.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old October 25, 2002, 18:55   #18
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I really don't like the plan of declaring war and attacking on the same turn, because that lowers your regard with the other nations. (I think so, anyway.)
Old October 25, 2002, 22:20   #19
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

If you mean a reputation hit, there is a major one if you have units inside their territory; Civs won't sign any more lpt deals/lump sum deals, depending context; eg, they won't let you pay lpt for techs, maps, etc. (Once the AI's side of the deal is complete, why would a treaty-breaker keep theirs?), and won't pay lump sums in exchange for your resources and luxuries (same thing). IIRC, it also makes AIs extremely wary of signing an RoP with you even if you had no RoP with the civ you attacked.

But, so far as I know, there is no rep hit as long as your units are outside their territory at the time of the declaration of war; you can mave units in and even attack after that without getting smeared. I've done that many times and signed gpt deals and treaties afterwards.