Old October 19, 2002, 19:51   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What do demo gamers look like.
I started this thread after realizing that in my head I subconciously have a general picture of what each of you looks like.

Kind of in terms of general physical things like how tall, short, big, small etc you/we are but also in terms of more specific things.

Anyway I think it'd be cool to see whether I/you are right in our mental image of people in the demo game. So have attached a pic of a footabller called Vladimir Smicer who apparently I look just like and am the same build and size as.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	this time.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	27385  
Old October 19, 2002, 20:02   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:36
i tend to think of people as their avatar...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old October 19, 2002, 20:10   #3
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:36
I am afraid I dont know any footabller looking like me ...
Old October 19, 2002, 20:13   #4
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Out of curiosity, what's your mental image of me?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old October 19, 2002, 20:36   #5
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:36
Are you suggesting we post our actual pictures, or lookalikes? I think lookalikes would be kind of funny....actual pictures are okay too.

civman - I agree with you, I always kind of picture people in this forum by their symbol (rightly so, what else would avatar's be for??) Or when I'm trying to remember someones name I just remember the avatar and it'll usually come to me.
Old October 19, 2002, 20:44   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:36
I've been told by several friends that I look a good bit like Tony Blair, with the exception that I'm only 23 and perhaps not as ugly (though that might just be the age and I'm fated to be that way ...).

Given that my discent is almost entirely from English settlers who came here in the 17th Century (with a wee bit of German and a wee bit of Scotish), I suppose the claim by others of my resemblance to Mr. Blair isn't terribly surprising. My WASP background was also a source of endless ribbing from my girlfriend while I was in school in Arizona

I'm also rather abnormally thin (I have an absolute monster of an over-efficient metabolism).
Old October 19, 2002, 21:15   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I've been told that I look like the love child of Johnny Depp and Harrison Ford, although I honestly can't say either way... my German, Italian and Welsh heritage kind of allow me to be almost chameleon-like in that if I shave, cut hair, wear glasses or ANYTHING then I look really different then before. It's funny when my own friends don't recognize me every other day.
Old October 19, 2002, 21:52   #8
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 05:36
Avatars definately shape the mental image.

OPD i imagine you as a guy with a big nose, somewhat hunched back, etc.

CivMan, you look strong and young

Meshelic, you look like you like modern warfare, etc.

Arnelos, you look like a scuba diver (take a look at your avatar and squint...)

I have no image besides a Canadian flag because it won't let me pick an avatar (see Presidential Message: Apologies for Delay thread)
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old October 19, 2002, 22:00   #9
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

The delinquent that I am.
Yes yes, I have aspirations to be a rockstar someday.

Never really been told that I look like a person, however I have been told that I *act* like a person. On many occasions and especially by strangers too. Ah hem. "Screech" from Saved by the Bell!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	dave-rockstar wannabe.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	27390  

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 19, 2002, 22:12   #10
Meshelic
King

WB you look EXACTLY like my friend Sean. Totally amazing, my first thought was "...what the?"

Nice guitar too. I've been playing for 11 years. Gibson's are pretty decent guitars, I've owned a few. NOT to get off subject here. sorry folks
Old October 19, 2002, 23:16   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:36
OPD - I gotta say that where a poster has a distinct, noticeable avatar, I tend to think of that poster like that (although I had problems reconciling Moe's crankiness with you OPD! ). This of course doesn't apply to people like Aro or Ghengis

I am in the process of tracking down an actual picture of me to think about posting here, as I can't remember who I'm supposed to look like. Besides, I have grown a goatee since then and no-one has said I look like anything since that time!

Seeing my choice of avatar and my posting style, I wonder what ppl think of me as? Panzer32 - ideas?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 19, 2002, 23:38   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Bad timing. My wife is at a scrapboking party and has most of the pictures. Here's one from last year of the whole family. And my crappy free scanner isn't that great either...

Mommy 'Dox, Poppa 'Dox, and Lil 'Dox. sorry, don't have any in the house of baby 'dox. Wife took them all for the weekend...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	docu0001.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	27396  

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 20, 2002, 01:01   #13
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Here is a pic of me I took back in June. If you look through my monitor, this is what you'd see.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	will.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	27404  
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old October 20, 2002, 01:55   #14
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Here's an old and very tiny pic of me.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	trial2.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	27407  
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 20, 2002, 08:24   #15
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Mr. Wheres it at:

i would say i think you look like the person in your avatar, and you look like you perservere through hard struggles
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old October 20, 2002, 10:52   #16
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:36
OPD: Are you always that pixelated?
UnOrthO: Let me guess, which one in the picture is you...
I'll take my own picture soon and post it so you can all make fun of me too.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 20, 2002, 13:45   #17
astrologix
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Gathering StormPSPB Team EspañolC4BtSDG ImperioC4WDG Spamyard Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:36
Coucou !

It's me
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	vincent4.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	27435  
Old October 20, 2002, 14:14   #18
Reddawg
Prince

i dunno why i'm posting it, but hereeeee's me!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	27438  
Old October 20, 2002, 18:34   #19
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Is this what is meant by creating a community?

MWIA- I, too, see you as your avatar. Strong, powerful and confident. However, just like Vegeta (sp?), I also see you as beatable I really want to see a pic of Ninot.

Togas: ever the diplomat. Go figure.
astrologix: Nice doo!

Here is a pic of me and the woman leaving paradice (Jamacia, go if you can!).
Old October 20, 2002, 18:39   #20
Donegeal
Emperor

Why didn't the pic take? Can't seem to make it work.... Just continue to think of me as a knight (It could happen... maybe if I lost some weight, learned to ride a horse, learned to joust, learned to etc....)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	new image.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	27466  
Old October 20, 2002, 18:39   #21
Donegeal
Emperor

Well, I'll be... it worked....
Old October 20, 2002, 19:08   #22
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Oh gawd, what a lovely wife Unothodox got!

He must be a lucky man.
Old October 21, 2002, 01:39   #23
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

This picture is close to a year old. It's one of the first pictures taken from my new (at the time) Digital Camera.

E_T
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	roy on front porch-crop-40%.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	27488  
Old October 21, 2002, 03:13   #24
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Yes!
We are definitely a sexy bunch of people. Now again I ask, where are the female demo gamer's? Oh.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old October 21, 2002, 04:21   #25
Meshelic
King

I've only heard of maybe two female gamers in the whole Apolyton circle. I guess it's the whole world domination thing.
Old October 21, 2002, 04:58   #26
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

These pictures can supply the next few Gazzete with lots of cartoons- imagine what Aro will make of these...
Old October 21, 2002, 05:20   #27
Donegeal
Emperor

yeah, imagine what he could do to the people who don't have enough guts to post....
Old October 21, 2002, 10:10   #28
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:36
Well, it's me. I'm the one on the left. Oh, I'm the one on the right, too...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	arosax04.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	27507  
Old October 21, 2002, 10:12   #29
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:36
Quote:
Originally posted by zeit
These pictures can supply the next few Gazzete with lots of cartoons- imagine what Aro will make of these...
Hey, zeit... where is your pic?
Old October 21, 2002, 10:55   #30
ruby_maser
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Gathering Storm
King

you all are lucky I don't know how to post pictures ... I will spare y'all.

Anyway, I DO look like my avatar with just a little more hair.
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi