Old November 13, 2002, 13:55   #31
Easthaven I
Prince

Local Time: 03:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I nominate gooberpoxy
Old November 13, 2002, 13:57   #32
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 10:37
I will nominate it also, very funny little story, shame it ended so abruptly but well written all the same.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 17, 2002, 08:37   #33
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I would like to re nominate Steamthunks America series, all five parts as one story as per Steam's wishes .

He has now posted the fifth installment and it is brilliant, though no surprise as the whole series is
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old November 25, 2002, 14:40   #34
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

johnmcleod have you forgotten about this ? you said you would set up a poll on saturday about two weeks ago!

I dont know if you remember but I offered my help to you ages ago and you did not respond, but it seems to me that you dont really have the time to do this.
Old November 25, 2002, 23:07   #35
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 09:37
He probably does have the time... just hasn't noticed this thread since it isn't topped.

To top a thread- PM MarkG That what I did during my interim term as Contest runner

But why not continue the contest from what it was?
To give some continuity to the series... this would be number 14, I believe

--
Here's help:

""The Great Cold War" by Jack_www
"America in Peril" by Steamthunk
"America Balance of Power" by Steamthunk
Part 3/4/5 by Steamthunk
""America Defiance" by Steamthunk
"Times of War and Diplomacy" by Johnmcleod
"Ghost of Thermopilie" by Lord_Zalsabad
""Mikes Story" by ChrisusMaximus

BOLD are seconded

-Using the old system... which I would assume that we should use... since it's tradition

Last edited by DarkCloud; November 25, 2002 at 23:21.
Old December 6, 2002, 01:15   #36
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 01:37
I apologize to everyone on this forum. The last couple weeks have been total hell; I have emails from mid november I haven't had a chance to read. I will do it this Saturday I PROMISE! One thing though. I set up some rules, but Chrisius Maximus said we should have a vote or something on the rules, so I said cool, and whoever didn't like the rules should post something. But nobody did, so I don't know what rules we're going by. I personally like my rules much better because that's kind of the way it works for the Academy Awards, which is what I think would be good to model after. I'm not sure how the nominations for that work, but I like just having 4 of the stories that were nominated up for finals, and the best way to choose those is to choose the ones that get the most nominations.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old December 6, 2002, 01:20   #37
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
Well, john, I don't know if you have seen this thread, but just two days ago, DarkCloud has restarted the Story Contest Round 13: Nominations thread, because he thought you wouldn't be back to continue organizing the story contest. I think the two of you should organize your efforts, because I am not sure running two contests at the same time is a great idea
Spore page