Old October 20, 2002, 19:27   #1
lateralis
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
don't really get this one...
Ok, so I'm in the modern age on monarch (my first win, it looks to be ) and I stack command a bunch of artillary to a mountain top on my coast to bombard some ships from rome. they try to go through one of cities (I'm playing as america) and my own Mech inf and the artillary start to duke it out!!! neither one dies or loses HPs (not that artillary has any) but civ3 crashes and quits!! I remember reading something about this when a captured foriegn worker tries to go through one of your cites, but never an artillary? anyone know anything about this?

(not to bring undue argument, but I'm on version 1.21g on a mac )

thanks

lateralis
Old October 20, 2002, 19:59   #2
lateralis
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:38
ok now it got weirder, i had a city with 2 mech inf and one f-15. the mech inf killed 2 workersin a row (tried to screenshot it) and so I disbanded the mech infs. I tried bringing a new mech inf in to guard the city and IT destroys the f-15 on air superiority!!! WTF?!?!

lateralis
Old October 20, 2002, 20:25   #3
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 05:38
i have no idea, cuz that sounds really messed. thats never happened to me though.
Old October 20, 2002, 20:33   #4
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 06:38
Hm. Nasty bugs. Maybe it has something to do with the version you're playing, I don't know. Never heard of such bugs in the Windows version.
Old October 20, 2002, 22:13   #5
JohnM2433
Warlord

Local Time: 01:38
I think this is a known bug; it's happened to other people. I don't think there's a known fix for it.

I remember someone writing about playing a game after winning and nuking everybody just for the heck of it. Suddenly his workers started killing his mech infantry! I thought that was funny: obviously, the working class had risen up in rebellion to destroy his cruel tyranny!

You could think of this stuff as representing the ocassional military rebellion, civil war, ect. Yeah, that's it! It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Old October 20, 2002, 22:20   #6
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 02:38
Version 1.21 bug. Fixed in 1.29.
Once in a great while a unit fortified in a city will treat friendlies moving into/through the city as enemy.

Supposedly happens only after nukes have been thrown. Hasn't happened to me yet in the 1-or-2 version 1.21 games I have played where nukes were involved (both Mac and Windows).
I play BtS (3.19) -- Noble or Prince, Rome, marathon speed, huge hemispheres (2 of them), aggressive AI, no tech brokering. I enjoy the Hephmod Beyond mod. For all non-civ computer uses, including internet, I use a Mac.
Old October 20, 2002, 23:13   #7
JohnM2433
Warlord

Local Time: 01:38
Clearly, this bug is a result of nuclear-war induced military paranoia. The approaching troops didn't appropriately identify themselves, see, so they had to be shot... Who knows what they could have been up to...