Old October 20, 2002, 22:37   #1
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 03:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Question on using MultiTool to extract maps
I have an old 1.16f game that I'm interested in replaying under 1.29f now that I have a lot more experience than when I first tried it. Would it be possible to use MultiTool (or some other program) to extract the map from that game and use it in a new game? If so, how would one go about doing that?

Nathan
nbarclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2002, 06:59   #2
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 03:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I figured out that part of my problem was that I was trying to use a slightly older version of MultiTool. Once I got the right version, I was able to extract the map, but it had all the tile improvements from almost 4000 years of work. I ended up deleting them by hand (ouch!), giving me a more-or-less pristine map (aside from the fact that a bunch of forests and jungles have been cleared; I really wish I had my 4000 BC save).

If anyone knows of better ways of doing any of this for future reference when a 4000 BC save isn't available, please let us know.

Nathan
nbarclay is offline   Reply With Quote